Old 12-21-2006, 01:12 AM   #1

Need to add 12 volt outlet- advise please

Well after 4 emails 4 phone messages and 2 weeks of waiting for a response from Forest River I thought I would ask my question here. You all are a lot more friendly and helpful!

I have a Rockwood 2605 that we recently purchased. When we purchased it I asked that they install a 12v outlet in the bedroom. They agreed but forgot. I am now trying to get this done.

On the wall under the TV table in the bedroom is a wall plate with a coaxial plug that connects to the coaxial plug for the TV in the dinnette (Winegard model OT-8700).

The dinnette has a wall plate with SAT, CABLE and ANTENNA that has a 12v source for the antenna (Winegard model RV-7542).

I am replacing that wall plate with one that has a 12v outlet and power for the antenna with connections for antenna, cable and 2nd TV(Winegard model TG-7042).

Next to that wall plate in the dinnette I will be putting a single wall plate for the SAT connection (Winegard model OT-8700).

In the bedroom I would like to change out the wall plate with the single coaxial connection for one with a 12v outlet and coaxial connection (Winegard model TG-7241).

When I removed the current wall plate in the bedroom I noticed that there is a brown wire and a wire that is two wires connected together (one is red and one is white). I'm hoping that one of these wires is the 12v positive and one is the 12v negative (ground). All these wires run from ceiling to floor through this wall but could be spliced into I assume if they are the correct wires.

Anyone with any experience or knowledge in this?

Old 12-21-2006, 08:10 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by revetch
In the bedroom I would like to change out the wall plate with the single coaxial connection for one with a 12v outlet and coaxial connection (Winegard model TG-7241).

When I removed the current wall plate in the bedroom I noticed that there is a brown wire and a wire that is two wires connected together (one is red and one is white). I'm hoping that one of these wires is the 12v positive and one is the 12v negative (ground). All these wires run from ceiling to floor through this wall but could be spliced into I assume if they are the correct wires.
Anyone with any experience or knowledge in this?
revetch, I'm almost sure they are 12v wiring but to be sure of the polarity, I would use a multi-meter to find the correct POS(+) and NEG(-) wire you're looking for. Mark them with a marker or piece of tape, then splice into the correct wire for supplying power to the TG 7241 wall plate.

Tags
12 volt, rockwood