Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 07-16-2013, 07:06 AM   #41

jaherbst, from reading your initial posts on this site, it would appear that all of your anger against FR stems from one problem with the fridge on your latest camper. And that problem seems to be very rare, as I have never seen another complaint about it. And you did get it fixed.
So for you to then say that all Forest River campers are garbage is a bit of a stretch.
And then you switch to accusing the people who run this site to be secretly backed by Forest River?
Methinks thou dost protest too much.
Old 07-16-2013, 08:01 AM   #42

It seems when times are S_L_O_W....and sales are dismal....Everyone is concerned about the quality of their products...i saw this first hand when working at a Ford Motor Company assembly plant for over 36 years..Some of the issues we have with our rvs are in fact..supplier parts being defective..BUT...If ..these companys and dealers are smart.. they will make their customers happy ..any way they can...or they will be out of business in a few years
Old 07-16-2013, 08:15 AM   #43
Wanna Be Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaherbst View Post
BACK UP
I am glad you have had a good experience with them and are happy. Most of us are not. Just read the forums my friend ,just read the forums.

Jack

Actually, most of us are very happy with our FR products and I would buy another in a heartbeat. I have talked many times with our dealers service manager and she has told me on numerous occasions that she goes to many manufacturers plants and gets to see first hand how different manufacturers assemble thier units. She then said you would not believe how many of the very high end units are so poorly assembled and that FR does at least as good as many of the big names and better than some.

Lets face it, it is no different that buying a truck. It took me 25 months and 42 trips to the dealer to get my last truck sorted out and we special ordered it (no we did not special order all the troubles). That truck was so bad the manufacturer extended the bumper to bumper coverage out to the power train warranty to try and get us through the issues and in the end we had a very reliable truck. So I do know a bit about things other than RV's having issues.

John & Deb
2011 F250 Lariat FX4 Crew Cab 6.2
2011 Flagstaff V-Lite 30WRLS
Old 07-16-2013, 08:28 AM   #44

I am very sorry for the OP and the bad experience you are having. I have dealt with and have friends who have dealt with dealers that are unresponsive to problems with the rv they were happy to sell.

I seem to be having an on going floor problem with my 8289WS. It's not broken or unuseable just noisy. I have done extensive digging on this to see if it is a pronounced problem. I found some older TTs with the problem but nothing recent. With that being said I have been in contact with the warranty department at FR as well as my dealer and have nothing but good things to say. I do believe the dealer can make or break the rv experience but from my experience FR is great at stepping up to the plate.

I don't know what will happen with my floor but up to this point I am very confident that my dealer and FR are doing and will continue to do what is necessary to correct the problem.
Old 07-16-2013, 09:24 AM   #45

I wouldnt buy another FR product. I believe the poster is correct in stating that most wouldn't return.
Old 07-16-2013, 01:58 PM   #46
Denver, CO

Quote:

As you will find out Forest River is the "Big Company with the small Heart". They could care less about you after purchase! I have had my F/R trailer for almost two months and have not been able to leave on a trip yet due to problems.

FOREST RIVER is not an accredited business with the Better Business Bureou. That should tell us all something. No customer or warranty service and no road service.

That is why there is almost no Forest River return customers. After dealing with Forest River you will most certainly change brands next time.

Jack
Thanks for the rampant exaggeration and outright unverifiable information. that's very helpful. I have had very few issues with my FR product. Gee I must be the exception.
Old 07-16-2013, 02:02 PM   #47
Denver, CO

Quote:

BACK UP
Just read these forums if you think I am wrong. I have owned RV's and trailers for over forty five years including six high end Diesel Pushers and Forest River is by far and long the very very worst. Why else would they not be an accredited business with the Better Business Bureau. One reason and one reason only my friend. They have not been able to successfully settle their claims. In other words Buyer Be Ware!

Four of my friends have owned Forest River products once and once only. You can add me to the list. After thoroughly going through my unit it is the cheapest built thing I could possibly imagine. OK I did buy it in Texas from RV-Max in Sherman and should have bought it locally where I could and should have done a more thorough inspection. After calling RV-Max eight times with no return calls after I left, I had a bad taste in my mouth. No help there and little help from the F/R factory. La Mesa RV here in Tucson has been very good at helping me solve the numerous problems.

I am glad you have had a good experience with them and are happy. Most of us are not. Just read the forums my friend ,just read the forums.

Jack
The forums are a well known unbiased source of statistically valid information.

IMO,without anymore data than you suggest that cheaper and poorer is an industry trend, not just FR, and we as consumers are just eating it up bigger, more. Small high quality units are non existant, cause they don't sell. I know cause I asked 4 friends.

REALLY, SERIOUSLY.
Old 07-16-2013, 02:07 PM   #48
Denver, CO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Scofield View Post
I wouldnt buy another FR product. I believe the poster is correct in stating that most wouldn't return.
Another guy with irrefutable data, probably works for Monaco and is planted here to overthrow the government, I known, I asked 4 friends.
Old 07-16-2013, 03:27 PM   #49

I would not hesitate to buy another forest river product. I haven't had the misfortune of needing service but I have felt comfortable that it is there if I need it.
Old 07-16-2013, 04:34 PM   #50

Hey Jimbob, I don't think too many are going to listen to your "wisdom".
But thanks for visiting!
Old 07-16-2013, 04:34 PM   #51

For me, it's not blind faith, it's experience.
Old 07-16-2013, 04:42 PM   #52

I have had a few issues with my 5er. FR has been outstanding in dealing with them. Again I will state that a lot of the problems do revolve around the dealer you are dealing with.......Nuff said.
Old 07-16-2013, 05:27 PM   #53
Always Learning

Ok, the haters gonna hate. The lovers gonna love. And the middle-of-the-roaders likely left a while ago.

I think this thread has run its course and has been closed.
Closed Thread