Old 08-02-2011, 07:35 PM   #11
Villa Estate 392FLFB
sounds like a real lemon!!

as for the axles, my parents toy hauler came from Indiana with the suspension TACK WELDED in 3 spots on each side... needless to say, the wheels fell out from under the trailer on the way home from the maiden voyage while going down the highway...

One state/province at a time!
Full Timing - Salem Villa Estate - 392FLFB - Purchased July 29th 2010
The_Stuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 07:36 PM   #12
Location: No longer own a Forest River product, but enjoy the info on this site
Originally Posted by Boyd View Post

My Dad used to say, If you want to dance, you have to pay the fiddler.

Rocky Balboa said, "if you're gonna dance you gotta pay the band. if you're gonna borrow you've gotta pay the man."

Owning an RV is a bit like that = its a tinker's toy.

My old boss had an RV, but didn't even own a screwdriver. He was happy because he had a large checkbook and could hire others to fix any issue that came along.

Forest River quality is not out of line with the rest of the RV industry.

teamgl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 08:38 PM   #13
Moderator Emeritus
To the OP: If your post hadn't been 1 continuous paragraph, I might've read it, so I won't post any comments pro or con.

(Props to those that did)
2011 Chevrolet K2500HD w/ Tekonsha P3 brake controller, Husky W/D hitch
2009 Rockwood 2106 Mini-Lite
Nights camped 2010: 21
Nights camped 2011: 17
Nights camped 2012: 8
revrnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 09:24 PM   #14
I say let the guy rant and get it off his chest. We're here for support, right? He probably paid around $25k+ of his hard earned money for his trailer and had nothing but problem after problem. That isn't a very good feeling. While we've been out in our campers enjoying the time with family and friends, he's been working on his or taking it to the dealer to have it worked on.

It doesn't really matter what brand. All produce a few like that. His just happens to be a FR product, that's why he posted on here.

So the only thing I would have to say to the OP, don't write FR off. You may jump out of the skillet into the fire. Take it for what it is. You were unfortunate enough to get one of the few bad ones. Most FR products are as good or better than others.

Oh yeah, I've been in the OP's shoes. There was a time I didn't even want to think about camping because of the tt I owned at the time. I now enjoy camping as much as I ever did, maybe more.

So go ahead and get it off your chest schmowie.liebowitz. Then you can move on and things will get better for you. The time will come when you will be able to enjoy it all again.

Gary & Trish
"PT Crew Member Since 11/2010"
2017 Prime Time Crusader 315RST TE 6.0 : 2007 Flagstaff 206ST MAC Series
2012 F-250 Lariat : FX4 : CC : SB : 6.7L Diesel : 3/55 Gears

2016 Nights Camped - 9
grhodes50 is offline   Reply With Quote