Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-21-2011, 05:24 PM   #41

Thumbs up

We just picked up our Windjammer 3008 in Houlton , Maine (had it shipped from RV Wholesalers in Ohio) on June 16th. We absolutely love it ! We have a seasonal lot so we were all set up by Friday. Haven't noticed any problems. We had some heavy rain over the week-end and had no leaks.
Towed from Houlton to Charlottetown , PEI (about 283 miles) and towed like a dream. TV is a 2005 Yukon XL 2500 8.1 L. Added rear Sumosprings before taking delivery of the new TT. What a difference ! Well worth the money (less than $200). DIY install and no hassle of adding/checking air.
Towed a 2009 Heartland North Country 28SRL (33' and dry weight 7300 lbs.) 203 miles last year without any suspension upgrade on the Yukon. That was not a fun trip. Plenty of trailer sway.
This is our first FR . Impressed with the quality so far. And the folks at RV Wholesalers were awesome to deal with. We love our new Windjammer !
bikergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 08:19 PM   #42
Grumpy Old Member

Hey, glad to hear that your delivery and set up went so well. It's a great unit with a great layout. And I'll echo your sentiments about FR getting the quality control right with this one.

2012 Windjammer 2008w
2020 RAM 1500
ChrisZazzara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 08:56 PM   #43

Send a message via Skype™ to DAISY BOYKIN
Bikegirl at pei

Will be at Charlottetown, PEI Sept 5Th. Will be traveling from Jacksonville, FL. to the COOOOOOOL weather. We will be ther until they close for the season which is SEPT 11

You must have stayed at "PINE HILLS" RV park? Do they have good water there? Or should I purchase lots of drinking water? I found in some parts of NS & New Brunswick the water was terrible.
TST Truck System Technologies TM-507SE
DAYS CAMPED 2022 51 DAYS
[SIGPIC][/SI[SIGPIC]
DAISY BOYKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 06:01 AM   #44

Hey Daisy

Wow you must have been to PEI before .
Our seasonal is actually at Vacationland RV campground which is just down the road a few miles past Pine Hills Campground.
Not sure what the drinking water is like at Pine Hills. It's not too bad at Vacationland but we always use a water filter.
You are right about the coooool weather. We are having a terrible spring here. Temp. is only supposed to reach 59 F today and 68 tomorrow. Last year August and September have actually been quite warm. Guess all the hurricane activity that time of year forces warm air up this way.
Enjoy your camping ! Maybe we'll see you in September !
bikergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 09:31 PM   #45
aka Windjammer2012

Total Embarrassment

We took our son and his family camping with us. They have two small boys so we were going to use the dinette for their bed. The table top is 2" wider than the space between the ledges for this purpose on the front edges of the benches. Needless to say, the boys didn't have a comfortable night's sleep on the floor. Has anyone else had this problem?? There's no room to more the bench back toward the sofa to make it work. I guess FR didn't intend on using the dinette for a bed. I'm planning on cutting a piece of 5/8" plywood to fit and then storing it...where??

kamp k...I noticed from the pictures you posted of your 2012 that the water heater is located in the right front corner of the TT. Mine is also a 2012 but the water heater is located above the furnace which is in the same lacation as yours...GO FIGURE!

2012 Windjammer 3008W
2004 GMC 2500 HD CC Longbed
Crankshaft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 01:51 PM   #46

Enjoying our 2012 3008W

New to this forum and wealth of information as well as our new Jammer (newto us).

We moved up from 1996 Sunnybrook 26cks. Been out twice over the past monthand have no complaints. The ease of towing, the space and quality. We both loveit.

There is so much info with all the forums; I am way behind in reading thepaper!

I wanted to thanks everyone who has given us those experiences that we mywant to experience and others we don't.

Bryon
brodriques is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 08:06 AM   #47

Hello I'm also new to this forum and it is a wealth of information. We just bought a Windjammer 3008 and are going to pick it up next week as long as the weather cooperates. At least reading these posts I get a good feeling about the unit and the quality that everybody is saying Forest River puts into it. Hopefully this will be the trailer that my wife and I will be able to enjoy for a long time during retirement.
redcloud1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 08:59 AM   #48

We also just purchased a windjammer 3008 in September 2014. Absolutely love it. Tons of room can't find anything that we don't like about it. We are on our 5th RV over the years and the Windjammer is built so much better than our last two heartland rv's. Good luck and enjoy!
CLewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 03:22 PM   #49

We're moving up from a coachman apex bunkhouse to this Rockwood Windjammer so I'm sure that we are really going to enjoy it.
Old 02-06-2015, 06:09 PM   #50

We got our 2015 2819VS Windjammer back in November. Only been able to take it out once before the holidays. Have a trip planed for first of March. Trailer did great, no problems.
MKClark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2015, 07:56 AM   #51

Bikergirl I have a question for you what kind of sumo springs did you put on your vehicle? I'll be pulling our 3008 with a half ton Chevy Silverado and figure I may need to beef up the back suspension also.

Tags
3008w, windjammer