Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-08-2012, 11:16 AM   #1

NEW 2013 Windjammer 3006wk Diamond Package

We just got the call this morning that our new Windjammer came off the line earlier this week...and just delivered this morning to our Central NY Dealer.

He also informed us of some "changes." The rear entry door...instead of going into the master bedroom, now goes into the bathroom. This kind of scares me...because the bathroom was cramped to begin with. As a result of no bedroom door, the wardrobe is now the entire length of the wall.

That's all he really filled us in on...but we are going tomorrow to look at it, and I'll get some photos to post. Anyone else have some to share?
NHFire 152 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 05:40 PM   #2

It's all very exciting! Congratulations.

2016 Flagstaff 8528CKWSA
2012 GMC Sierra 2500HD 6.0L

RalphieAdie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 02:37 PM   #3

Send a message via Skype™ to Eaglelover
New RV

NHFire152: Don't forget to post the pictures. I purchased my Windjammer from 7Os RV north of Syracuse. Where did you get yours? They changed the floor plan of my 2013 model 3001W when the 2014 came out. The bathroom was flipped for some reason? What does the diamond package contain. I purchased mine at the Syracuse RV show in September of 2012. Enjoy your new unit. Frank
Eaglelover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 10:09 PM   #4

Well, we must be neighbors! We also purchased ours from Seven Os in Cicero. Placed the order the week before the syracuse show, but went to it anyways just to check things out.

We are from Whitesboro.

The bathroom was flipped around on ours as well...but it looks good. We can't wait to get it out of storage now!!!

The diamond package gives the taupe color sides and black roof, upgraded drawer pull handles, Corian counter tops, frameless windows, and some other minor interior items. The color is what really sold us. It gives the camper a very rich look, instead of the regular white color.

As far as pictures...I'll probably have to get on my computer to upload a few. I access the forum mostly from my phone, but it won't let me upload photos.
Old 11-19-2012, 11:16 PM   #5

Yes we are very close. I live in New Berlin, Chenango county. I made a mistake on the year of my unit It is a 2012. My unit was in the show you went to. I purchased it the Saturday of the show. I am retired and have been RV-ing for many many years. My last unit was a 2003 Wildwood 27' RLSS. Regards; Frank
Old 11-20-2012, 06:31 AM   #6

Oh yes...I'm very familiar with New Berlin. I once dated a girl from the area. Haha.

I remember seeing your unit on their lot, and after the show, I saw it in their garage as they were prepping it for you!

Did you get any trips in after you took delivery?
Old 11-20-2012, 09:43 AM   #7

NHFire152: Wow you found a good looking girl in New Berlin? I am full time in my unit and have only made two trips last summer. I went to family property in the Adirondacks and to a small rally in Coventry. I also made a trip to 7os for some service. The rig towed great with my Silverado 1/2 ton. Last winter was very mild and the unit was great. I am praying for another one like that again. Have a great Thanksgiving. Frank
Old 11-20-2012, 09:49 AM   #8

Lol...well I'm married now...and not to her!
I also have Silverado 1500. What's the weight of your camper?
Old 11-20-2012, 10:26 AM   #9

The dry weight is 7078. I pull it with a 2002 1500 with the small v8 with 180'000 miles and it tows great. My 2003 wildwood was about the same weight as the new one and I made many trips to Florida and wore out a set of tires with that one. I always tow with empty grey and black tanks and minimal fresh water.
Old 11-20-2012, 10:30 AM   #10

Excellent. That puts my mind a bit more at ease. My old trailer was only about 6000 lbs. This one will be 8500 loaded. My truck is a 2011 1500 crew cab. It also has the heavy duty trailering package.
Old 11-20-2012, 10:42 AM   #11

By the floor plan it looks like you have children and they like to bring a lot of stuff. Clothing weighs a lot and it doesn't take much to add 1000lbs to the rig. If you have a cap or tanou cover I would carry some stuff in the truck to take weight off the trailer. The towing weight would be the same but it would relieve some stress on the trailer tires. My last rig when I replaced the tires I went up one size and a heavier duty tire. When I was traveling to FL I had a load of tools in the truck for doing home repair so I was really loaded. I assume you have a larger engine than I do. Also be sure to use the tow haul feature to save the over drive.
Old 11-20-2012, 10:49 AM   #12

Great recommendations. Thank you!