Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-20-2014, 05:53 PM   #21

UPDATE

Camping World of Harrisburg, Pa. has had the unit for 7 weeks now. Rockwood finally approved all of the repairs.

I am so mad that they have had my new unit for almost 2 months now. Seems like no one cares. I have tried to speak with the general manager of the store with no success and Rockwood tells me they cannot do anything to help me other then approve the repairs.

Who knows when I will get my new unit back.
This entire deal has just gone so bad that Im not sure I would ever buy another product from Forest River or Camping World.

Hitch
Hitch_Itch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2014, 10:37 PM   #22

There was a factory mod for the propane refrig shutting off during movement, some kind of wind shield for the flame. I.ll try to find the info and follow up. Off season is the best time to try to arrange warranty work. Also some windjammer 3008w had wall crack issues, best thing is back to factory assembly line for a new wall.
USAF Retired E8
Boy Scout 37 year veteran, Scoutmaster, exp. High Adventure camper, 22 year RV'r.
Scatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2014, 08:45 AM   #23

It shouldn't take 2 months to take the entire unit apart, put it in a box and then put it all back together again.

Rockwood approved them to sand the cracks, fill them and paint to match
Old 12-21-2014, 11:08 AM   #24

Forest River's performance has not been an issue in any claim I have had. I have a dealer that really addresses issues like they own them too. This is another reason why I think the dealer is as much, if not more, important than the product you buy. We have difficulty looking at any trailers that they don't carry because we know that we wouldn't buy them for that reason.
Fivealive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2014, 12:57 AM   #25

I had a crack in the sidewall on my 2015 Rockwood 3029W Windjammer. My Dealership (Trailer and Hitches in Augusta, Kansas) jump right on the problem and it went back to the factory in Sept and I got it back late Oct. They replaced the whole curbside exterior wall and did a excellent job. I'm impressed with Forest River and more impressed with my Dealership.

if anyone's interested, here's my post with pictures.
http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...all-66784.html

2014 RAM 2500 Laramie Longhorn 4 x 4
6.4 Hemi 410 HP, 410 Rear Axle
gashog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2014, 06:05 AM   #26

No new wall for me, sand, patch and paint is all I get for spending $52K

Not Happy
Old 01-25-2015, 01:09 AM   #27

We purchased our 8288 from Camping World in Peoria AZ. We have had nothing but headaches dealing with them. It took 2 months for them to find the keys to our unit. We are still waiting for them to fix the warranty problems. It is Jan 2015, this started in Oct 2014. If Rockwood wants its name to get better they should stop using crappy companies to sell their products! Outside of the warranty issues we love the trailer.
snyder85086 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2015, 08:24 AM   #28

We still dont have our unit back. The have made two attempts at trying to fix the fiberglass, both times are Fails. They have tried to fix the show encloser twice, now they are ordering a new encloser since they ruined ours trying to fix it.

They have had our unit for 3 months, SO FRUSTRATED no end in site

Tags
280, 8280ws, warranty