Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-23-2019, 09:58 PM   #1

New 2020 Rockwood 2608BS

Just purchased a new Rockwood 2608bs, just wondering if anyone has any issues I should be aware of or any good things about this trailer.
sims is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2019, 10:49 PM   #2
Site Team

If you do a search in the Rockwood sub-forum, you'll find lots of threads about the 2608BS.
I found at least 15, one of them was a review on your model.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2019, 11:00 PM   #3

Thks
Old 11-23-2019, 11:29 PM   #4
WFD

But it's too late to do the research, you already ordered it!
Kidding aside, don't get discouraged if you discover some negative reviews, because every brand, every model has it's issues. Most things are a pretty simple fix or modification and then you move on.
Old 11-24-2019, 02:03 PM   #5

We have that same trailer, 2020 2608bs. We haven’t had any issues with it. You are going to enjoy having it.
Momma Tac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2019, 03:15 PM   #6

Bought ours in June this year. The only issue we had was a loose water connection under the shower. Great unit just not a lot of storage for "outside" items. Noissues towing or setup. Enjoy your unit.
scott57uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2019, 04:34 PM   #7
SJB

Love our 2608BS. The only problem has been with getting the key to the exterior storage units to go into the locks. A user on this forum just suggested spraying graphite into the lock to solve the problem.
Old 11-24-2019, 05:38 PM   #8

When we got ours the first thing we did was wire brush the keys to get rid of the sharp edges and spray BP Blaster in all the locks
scott57uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2019, 07:50 PM   #9

2019. 2608 bs

We picked ours up in December 2018 and have loved it. The AC unit was not plugged in. I think the factory did not want someone running it during the winter. Had one overhead light stop working. Electrical connector came apart. We replaced the mattress with a 6 inch memory foam. Remember that the mattress slides under the wardrobe, so you can’t get anything more than 6 or 7 inches tall.
GoPa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2019, 10:04 PM   #10

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoPa View Post
We picked ours up in December 2018 and have loved it. The AC unit was not plugged in. I think the factory did not want someone running it during the winter. Had one overhead light stop working. Electrical connector came apart. We replaced the mattress with a 6 inch memory foam. Remember that the mattress slides under the wardrobe, so you can’t get anything more than 6 or 7 inches tall.
As with all things, there is a different opinion. My rockwood full size queen, with a three inch topper slides under the wardrobe. I bought a thin piece of lexan sheet and put it over the corner that slide under an it goes in and under very nicely.
Old 11-24-2019, 10:47 PM   #11

Congrats on your purchase! We just got ours a week or so ago and love it. Just posted a long writeup on our first overnight trip.
I checked ours our real thoroughly before I signed the papers for it. I'm a retired auto technician so I know a little about inspecting a vehicle. The only thing I found wrong was the bedroom door jamb needed some adjusting. Otherwise the fit, finish, and workmanship was excellent. Far better than 99% of the rigs I had looked at.
I wish you tons of happiness and fun with your new rig!\

Charlie
Falconer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2019, 10:52 PM   #12

Storage locks

You should just replace the locks. All of these trailers have the same key, CH751. That’s right, your storage key will work on 80% of the RV’s our there. For about $10 a lock, you can swap them out. CH851.com for the new locks. It was one of the first things I did.
john221us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2019, 04:18 PM   #13

We have the 2019 model year which is pretty much identical as far as I can tell. We camped with it several times this year. We absolutely love it. Some comments....
  • The supplied mattress is poor at best. We added a mattress topper.
  • I also agree the outside storage is limited. In fact, we are in the process of looking for storage solutions for two e-bikes and small Honda generators, as we already travel with a Weber grill and large cooler in the living area when driving.
  • The supplied grill is crap. We threw ours out without ever using it and bought a Weber Q. Then we ordered a second shelf to use in its place.
  • We also added slide toppers as we find these to be very practical versus cleaning debris off the top of the slides all the time.

Having said all that, to repeat, we love this unit. It is a perfect couples trailer for my wife and I and two hunting dogs. It is very, very comfortable to stay in. I tow it with an F250 diesel with zero issues.
Gbasko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2019, 08:50 AM   #14

We have a 2019 that we bought in April. We’ve had multiple issues that required 3 trips to the dealer and still have a couple unresolved issues. Inverter fried and caused massive smoke inside the unit, water pump issues, bad kitchen outlet, bad water pressure on sink faucet(it’s the design of the faucet unfortunately), currently have a slide issue as the main slide has sagged over an inch. Overall we love the design and features but overall quality is a far cry from the Nash we owned for 13 years. Still working to mitigate the bounciness when set up. Installed 4 scissor jacks fore and aft of the tires. We’ve spent about 45 nights in it so far and are leaving for Arizona tomorrow for 4 months.
Roaminaround is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2020, 11:57 AM   #15

We have had ours 1 year next month and have logged a lot of miles on it. The only thing we had to fix was our kitchen sink came out as there were no brackets on it. Otherwise, I have loved this unit.
countrywife45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2020, 07:23 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by countrywife45 View Post
We have had ours 1 year next month and have logged a lot of miles on it. The only thing we had to fix was our kitchen sink came out as there were no brackets on it. Otherwise, I have loved this unit.

Same here.
Love my 2608 SB
And had the same issue with the sink, corrected it myself; it is there to stay now. This is the best unit I have ever owned. And I am no youngster
Mathews2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2020, 07:39 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathews2 View Post
Same here.
Love my 2608 SB
And had the same issue with the sink, corrected it myself; it is there to stay now. This is the best unit I have ever owned. And I am no youngster
Thks for info my is new but haven't had a chance to use it,hopefully won't have issues
Old 01-27-2020, 05:31 PM   #18

Ordered ours late December from RV Wholesalers in Ohio..so will pu after winter! Can’t wait!!
Gottaluvlife is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rockwood