Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-10-2019, 01:46 PM   #1

New 2020 Rockwood 8329ss (ver. 2) picked up today

We picked up our new TT today. Very nice layout. It has the lippert factory installed ground control leveling system. (2) AC units and is trimmed out in "slate" color. The unit itself is champaign color.

This is the (ver. 2 ) unit that has the smaller front window and redesigned bedroom that has a completely through compartment where one didn't exist before, The unit has a bedroom side and 2 slide in the back.

It has a factory installed hitch on the back, and came with a TPMS and griddle which replaced the grill. The dealer added a backup camera system to close the deal.

We also had a Burr engineering lift added to the unit which was professionally and beautifully installed.

I would be more than happy to answer any questions that you may have...if I can...

When checking the 2020s at the dealership, make sure you're getting a VER 2 or make sure the VER 1 is priced accordingly.
Rowdy 54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 02:13 PM   #2

Congrats on the new trailer with the new bedroom layout on V2 is it still the same size as V1 ?
TST 507 TPMS
Progressive Industries EMS-PT30X
Ejs4029 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 02:19 PM   #3

The ver 2 bedroom has changed a little. They have added a small padded bench in front of the window where none was before. The dresser has been moved down about 1' toward the entry door and away from the front window moving the tv from the right side to the left. The ROUNDED bathroom wall has been squared. It's an improvement in my opinion. I'll post pics as I can.
Old 09-11-2019, 12:19 PM   #4

I was trying to do some searching online and comparing the V1 and v2 and noticed a few other changes in the kitchen area...V1 has more counter space next to the stove and a cabinet next to it the microwave the V2 doesn't...

Also looks like the cabinets have changed above the sink and the sink counter top is more square on the v2 and for some reason it looks like the v2 no longer has an electrical outlet on the backsplash....I'm sure there are other changes that I haven't stumbled on yet but I do like the v2 bedroom better with the pass through storage in the front.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	8329v1.JPG
Views:	120
Size:	66.7 KB
ID:	214694   Click image for larger version

Name:	8329v2.JPG
Views:	143
Size:	25.0 KB
ID:	214695  
TST 507 TPMS
Progressive Industries EMS-PT30X
Ejs4029 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 01:51 PM   #5
code.org

Congrats

We have a 2016 8329SS that we really love.

However, I was on the Forest River website recently and saw the changes for the 2020 model. Great improvements! They have really addressed the lack space in the outdoor storage compartment.

I also liked the addition of the Lippert leveling system when that was added a couple of model years ago. Please let us know how it works out.

Rockwood has made great additions to an already great floorplan. Needless to say, I'm jealous.

Hope you enjoy yours as much as we enjoy ours.
2015-14 Nights, '16-90 Nights, '17-101 Nights, '18-146 Nights, '19-76 Nights '20-56 Nights '21-42 Nights '22-86 Nights '23-65 Nights
moff34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 03:34 PM   #6

This is on the kitchen sink counter. This replaces the wall socket. This is a pop up outlet. Also, the tile runs all the way up behind the sink, instead of just a 1/4 of the way up.

The 8329ss has two awnings. the main and a awning on the dinning room slide. The LEDs on the awning side aren't working. Probably defective and will be replaced under warranty. SHOULD have been caught by both the "prep folks" and myself... I just wasn't concerned about the lighting at the time.

I'll keep ya'll advised as I come across "issues".
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6330.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	242.0 KB
ID:	214718  
Old 09-11-2019, 04:31 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowdy 54 View Post
This is on the kitchen sink counter. This replaces the wall socket. This is a pop up outlet. Also, the tile runs all the way up behind the sink, instead of just a 1/4 of the way up.

The 8329ss has two awnings. the main and a awning on the dinning room slide. The LEDs on the awning side aren't working. Probably defective and will be replaced under warranty. SHOULD have been caught by both the "prep folks" and myself... I just wasn't concerned about the lighting at the time.

I'll keep ya'll advised as I come across "issues".
i love this flush mount outlet - had one in a 2017 starcraft - have only ever seen it in that unit...
Old 09-15-2019, 10:20 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowdy 54 View Post
We picked up our new TT today. Very nice layout. It has the lippert factory installed ground control leveling system. (2) AC units and is trimmed out in "slate" color. The unit itself is champaign color.

This is the (ver. 2 ) unit that has the smaller front window and redesigned bedroom that has a completely through compartment where one didn't exist before, The unit has a bedroom side and 2 slide in the back.

It has a factory installed hitch on the back, and came with a TPMS and griddle which replaced the grill. The dealer added a backup camera system to close the deal.

We also had a Burr engineering lift added to the unit which was professionally and beautifully installed.

I would be more than happy to answer any questions that you may have...if I can...

When checking the 2020s at the dealership, make sure you're getting a VER 2 or make sure the VER 1 is priced accordingly.
We were looking at the 8329SS earlier this year and were concerned about the lack of storage. Very excited about the updates (I believe they're calling it the 8329SB now). Considering ordering one with the options we want. Curious about your experience with the leveling system. I have read that you still have to get pretty much level before initiating the system. Does it create a more stable platform? Also appears it may add 400-500 lbs to the weight of the trailer. Not a deal killer at all, but the cost of the option is around $2500 so hoping to hear from someone who has used the system! Thanks for your insight.
6.0 Gasser 4:10

Smiletwice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 12:57 PM   #9

To address the ground control leveling system, Its extremely easy to use and is very rock solid and stable. I will probably never have it in a situation where the camper is so unleveled that it throws the system into fault...but even if you do...the control panel will let you over ride that. The trailer is heavy anyway, IMO, ...so adding the leveling system probably didn't mean much to the over all camper weight ( My tow vehicle is a GMC 2500HD/diesel )

I ordered the leveling system on the camper, so it came from the factory like this, this isn't a dealer add on.

The quality of work that we have seen so far is very good. Little things like outlets are installed STRAIGHT. Nothing crooked or half-heartedly bolted on. We are trying to get a "stain pen" for the color of cabinets we have, there are a few places where you can see bare wood where the cabinets join together. its not hugely noticeable...thats just us...

There are a few very minor issues that need to be addressed under warranty, but those are very minor and not worth mentioning...

and I haven't found one screw sticking out on the inside of the camper so far...first camper I have ever had like that! I did find a screw through the wood in the front storage compartment that will be cut off.

hope this helps
Old 09-16-2019, 06:58 PM   #10

Did your trailer come with TST tpms monitoring system?
Happy Camper CA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 07:31 PM   #11

Yes, it came with the TST tpms , and rockwood added a backup camera for free because of an order issue.

The unit has 2 AC units and really is very nice.
Old 09-16-2019, 07:33 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Camper CA View Post
Did your trailer come with TST tpms monitoring system?
Yes, talking to factory rep at the Hershey RV show, this will be standard on this unit.

2016 Ford F250 XLT 4X4 6.2L
2015 Rockwood Signature Ultralite 8329SS
Hensley Arrow
uhduh camping is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rockwood