Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-16-2017, 07:24 AM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodyrock1 View Post
I have a 2014 8280ws. It doesn't have a "closet" pantry like your 2018 but does have a wall pantry with a similar little cupboard on the very bottom. I put 2 liter bottles of soda in there that stays out with help of an extension rod and squeeze two cases of water in there.
Thank you for the idea. It is interesting to read how people utilize their space. Did your fifth wheel come with a countertop extension? Mine did not and I'm wondering if it is something I would use.
gkczuba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2017, 06:53 PM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkczuba View Post
Thank you for the idea. It is interesting to read how people utilize their space. Did your fifth wheel come with a counter top extension? Mine did not and I'm wondering if it is something I would use.
You are welcome. Yes it did come with the counter top extension. We have used it several times but don't need to every time if that makes any sense.
TST 507 TPMS
2017 = 30 nights /
2018 = 7 nights
woodyrock1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2017, 09:42 AM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodyrock1 View Post
You are welcome. Yes it did come with the counter top extension. We have used it several times but don't need to every time if that makes any sense.
It makes sense to me! I was wondering, too, if I would use the extension enough to make it worthwhile to buy one. I guess we'll try the trailer out and see how it goes before I buy something that I may or may not use.
Old 11-08-2017, 07:06 PM   #44

We just bought the same model. 2018 Rockwood Ultra Lite. Love the layout but wondering who really put it together. Have made a few improvements. For instance, under the sink, very little space. Took off the partition hiding the drawers, which was at an angle and put it on a 90 degree. Now have enough room to store the dish drainer and bag of potatoes and onions as well. In the bathroom under the sink, we found the same problem. The partition behind the door was hiding the wiring and plumbing and we could barely fit one roll of TP there. Took that partition off and moved it back about 6-7 inches. Now lots of room for TP as well as hair dryer etc. Shall I tell you about the water filter also? Ours was located BEHIND the furnace next to the city water inlet. Barely holding on with 3 tiny screws. It jiggled around like crazy so we knew it wouldn't last long. Removed the filter, with great effort, and bypassed it totally. While under there we found a sub woofer for the speaker system. WHAAT? Crazy. Just what neighbors would want to hear. I don't know much about how sound carries but it seems like it had to go through the stairs and or fireplace to even make it to the living area. So those are some of the 'improvements' we have made. Would love to know what others have done. Happy camping.
sharon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 07:13 PM   #45

We found our countertop extension under the bed.
Old 11-08-2017, 07:37 PM   #46

I didn’t have a counter extension with mine either so I called dealer and turns out they removed from trailer so I went and picked up.

Ask dealer for the spec sheet for your trailer and see what’s listed.
Rdeejr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 10:16 AM   #47

Improvements, counter extension

Hmmmm....interesting info about the counter extension. I will have to investigate further. Did your trailers come with the extension brackets or hardware already installed on the side of the cupboard? Do you have a tiny little door which flops down to hold maybe something like a sponge, located the top where the extension brackets should be installed?

Improvements - my husband added an electrical outlet near the table. Our old trailer had outlets on the slide which were well-used and we missed them in our new trailer. He also removed the top off the night-stand in the bedroom and shaved off an inch or so on the wall side. Before, the mattress fit so tight we could hardly make the bed because my hand wouldn't fit down the side. He put the top back on, re-caulked and it looks as good as new. Now I can stuff the bedding down the side without hurting my hand. We are in the process of adding a few more half-shelves in the pantry to take advantage of the height between each shelf. On the pantry door we installed wire racks to hold boxes of wax paper/foil/plastic wrap along with boxes of plastic storage bags (ie Ziploc) for easy access. We are also installing a board under the wine bottle rack so we can mount tracks underneath to hang wine glasses. We found metal tracks at Menards. I also saw videos on YouTube explaining how to make your own tracks out of wood. Perhaps the wood tracks might be a better choice to eliminate bouncing (tighter fit) while traveling It would be a real pain to pull into a campground and find broken glass all over the trailer!!

Tip: I cut one of those plastic pool noodles into 2 pieces about a foot long. When it is time to travel, I slip them on the side of the dining chairs to keep them from banging together. I store them in the seats when not in use.

We've had 3 trips out before winterizing and found a couple glitches. On our last trip, the refrigerator quit working. Luckily it was just a loose wire. The clock on our radio also ran fast, gaining about 5 minutes each day. The radio also came on by itself a couple of times. Our dealer is replacing the clock/radio. They are also replacing the kitchen sink pull-down sprayer. A small black gasket or ring was broken allowing the sprayer to drop down. I hate to see them replace the whole faucet though, just for the sake of one little part! And last but not least, the dealer replaced our dump hose. The first time we used it, it sprayed like a garden sprinkler! So far our dealer has been very good to us so I'm not complaining.

I love hearing your ideas so please continue to share. Happy trails!!
Old 11-09-2017, 04:05 PM   #48

GKCZUBA. Some great ideas. Thanks. Yes, ours had the brackets already installed. They are located above that little drawer with the plastic holder. Ours is a 2018 and it did not come with the wine rack. Ok by me since we don't partake. Would love to have an outlet by the table but we just aren't handy enough to attempt that.
I am hanging my mop and broom on the inside of the pantry door. Hope to find another place for the boxes of baggies etc. to go. And I love that noodle idea on the chairs.
Hoping to take her out for the maiden voyage to the beach next week.
Old 11-10-2017, 02:19 PM   #49

Sharon - our trailer is also a 2018...bought in August. Funny how ours came with a wine rack and no counter extention, not even brackets. I checked our spec sheet and nothing was listed for a counter extention. I don't drink either but the doctor told my husband to drink wine for his health. Does your trailer have that funny little cupboard inside the pantry? We think it is strange and would love to know what the designers had in mind when they plotted that out. One more tip....we placed self-adhesive felt pads on the bottom of the recliners so they wouldn't scratch the floor. You've probably noticed they have to backed up to the wall when traveling and pulled out once you reach your destination. Happy trails from Michigan! Kathy
Old 11-13-2017, 10:36 PM   #50

gkczuba--Yep ours has that cupboard within the pantry. Guess I'll store water bottles in there since they tend to fall over so easily. Great tip about the felt pads under the rockingchairs. Thanks.

Tags
280, 8280ws