Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-08-2021, 09:20 PM   #21

I just got my 2021 Geo Pro FDS19 and it came with the Suburban Elite Griddle Model#SOP-1003 A. The bracket that holds it on the side of the trailer actually sticks out so that the grill is not right against the trailer. I wanted to comment on the recommended seasoning process. I recommend you do it on your home burners as the tubes under the grill don’t heat the edges of the burner that well so you can only season the central part of the grill on the grill itself. Also our griddle when turned upside down fits right on top of the base of the unit for storage.
LAWIBE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2021, 10:17 PM   #22

Our MiniLite 2513s came with the griddle and Coleman 2 burner stove. The griddle mounts on a swing arm on the bumper, so very convenient. I didn’t think we’d use it that much, but we have actually cooked all of our meals (dinner and breakfast) since we got the TT. Haven’t used the cooktop so far. The single burner size is okay for the two of us, but you need more cooking surface for a larger group. I can see a 2 burner griddle in my future.
1940 Chevy Special Deluxe
1946 Aeronca 7AC Champion
rvflyer57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2021, 10:35 PM   #23

I use mine often both on the trailer side and on a table. I can put my hand on the trailer wall right by the griddle and it's warm but not hot at all.

If you are looking for a container to store it in, I found this one works greatClick image for larger version

Name:	20210218_172149.jpg
Views:	184
Size:	65.5 KB
ID:	260660Click image for larger version

Name:	20210218_172201.jpg
Views:	158
Size:	101.2 KB
ID:	260661

Renogy bits: 3000W Inverter/Charger, 400Ah LiFePo4, 40A DC-to-DC
Rich Solar bits: 400W of panels, 40A MPPT
Misc bits: LevelMatePro+, SolidRemote based wireless controlled LED storage lighting
jbflag21ds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2021, 11:43 PM   #24
Open Space Wanted

Oh the Glamping Life

I've used mine every trip and no worries with the RV wall and doesn't sit right against it. The burner is a "wide" H and the edges aren't as hot. Seasoned it at home after first use (didn't know, not a cook or play one at home). Started using it after my wife constantly set off smoke alarm inside our first family trip.

Our Magma stacking cookware got lost during delivery and didn't make it on time and forgot to bring some of our old Calphalon pieces she stashes away for some reason. Would up having to run out about 30 mi. to some local shop and got some crappy stuff.

I hate cooking/grilling but do it now to avoid having to pull the smoke alarm. Not sure I really worried much about wiping the side of the camper where it sits...I wait for the rain to do its job...don't wash the cars so why would I start with a camper?
RedRoverComeOver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2021, 07:13 AM   #25
TRD

I just saw that Blackstone type griddle at Walmart for $89. No TT mount bracket or extra Propane hose to connect to TT. I have one and dint mount to TT. Pretty shake and mount is too high. I'm 6'.
Bought a small folding aluminum table that assembles in minutes.. Folds into a bundle and stores in a bag and easy to keep aluminum clean of grease spatters.
By the way, great grill for the 2 of us.
2018-12 days/2019-83 days/2020-12
TRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2021, 07:45 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catzwilson View Post
Hello! Thought I'd share this:
Just purchased our 2020 Geo Pro and the Suburban Elite Griddle was included, I understand it comes standard equipment. It slides on the permanent outside rail and hooks up to the camper's propane line and a bracket helps support it against the camper side, but it's so uncomfortably heavy (feels like 80-lbs), that we have no intentions using it against my camper. It can be used on a picnic table or bench with multiple installation methods and connection types, including a quick disconnect. Suburban is a division of Airxcel. Features a cast iron removable griddle plate (that when flipped over becomes the lid for storage); even heat distribution, universal cooking, and a grease collection drawer for quick clean up. 11,000 BTU/h. A distinct "pink" rubber ring on control knob will be it's trademark. It's a great griddle for those that like to cook. I plan to sell mine as I'll never carry it with us or use it. More info on the griddle still needs to be uploaded, but OEM can evidently be found at www.airxcel.com.
Mine weighs less than 20 pounds.
Pariah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2021, 10:12 AM   #27
Open Space Wanted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pariah View Post
Mine weighs less than 20 pounds.

Forgot to mention the weight in my post and was going to say no more than 20 lb. The top takes up the majority of the weight and the bottom feels somewhat flimsy. The whole thing managed to survive a fall when I didn't quite latch it on the wall correctly.
Old 08-09-2021, 08:45 PM   #28

So, my new GeoPro 19FD came with the Elite Griddle - however, the out of state dealer gave me the one that only had feet - no receiving brackets for the wall-mounted folding support. I was stunned.

The only thing I could do with it is put it on the table that fit in the rail. Not only is the new griddle heavy, but when it is set on the table on a GeoPro with the off road package, the cooking surface ends up at armpit height - not optimal.

I ended up replacing it with the BBQ grille that fits in the rail and hangs lower (I was used to this setup on my last trailer). I use an electric griddle at the picnic table to cook outdoor breakfast!
Old 08-11-2021, 05:58 PM   #29

The Blackstone is quite a bit deeper than the Suburban making the cooking surface much larger.
wilsonsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2021, 07:06 PM   #30

Gas line needed

Hello all,
Not trying to hijack, I also have a grill and don’t want to hang it on side of trailer, but my quick connect hose is too short to put it on a table, what are your recommendations and where do I buy?
Thanks in advance,

Rick
Momboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2021, 07:33 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momboy View Post
Hello all,
Not trying to hijack, I also have a grill and don’t want to hang it on side of trailer, but my quick connect hose is too short to put it on a table, what are your recommendations and where do I buy?
Thanks in advance,

Rick
Any low pressure propane hose with quick disconnects. I bought my stuff on Amazon

Renogy bits: 3000W Inverter/Charger, 400Ah LiFePo4, 40A DC-to-DC
Rich Solar bits: 400W of panels, 40A MPPT
Misc bits: LevelMatePro+, SolidRemote based wireless controlled LED storage lighting
jbflag21ds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2021, 07:33 PM   #32

Many local hardware stores now carry them and of course Amazon. I picked up a 20’ hose from Amazon for my griddle.
1940 Chevy Special Deluxe
1946 Aeronca 7AC Champion
rvflyer57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2021, 08:38 PM   #33

Don't know how recent these are or it they are still available:
https://offerup.com/item/detail/845489437
https://www.ebay.com/itm/38429606111...evt=1&mkcid=28

but - - -
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Snap 2021-08-11 at 18.15.44.jpg
Views:	624
Size:	178.8 KB
ID:	260881  
yukongold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2021, 08:54 PM   #34

Edit to above post:
Been revisiting my advice - - pop riveting would not work. The material hanging inside the conduit would interfere with it sliding onto the mount arms. But there are lots of other possibilites/methods.
yukongold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2021, 12:26 PM   #35
Casual Camper

Breakfast!

I used my Suburban griddle this morning. Made bacon, eggs and toast, very tasty.

I looked at it with a more critical eye after reading some of the above comments. As to it being close to the side of the camper, the brackets hold it a good 10" away. There was no warming or grease spatter on the side of the camper.

As for stability, it is a bit bouncy on the camper bracket, I'd rather have a sturdy table, but haven't had time to get one yet. (I've only had my camper for a month). It makes it a bit tougher to scrape clean.

Other than that, I'm quite satisfied with the build quality of the griddle. I've never had one before. If it was more than just me and my wife, I'd want a larger one. As it stands, it's probably sufficient for most meals.
RV - 2021 Rockwood 2608BS
Ex-tenter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2021, 08:03 AM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catzwilson View Post
Hello! Thought I'd share this:
Just purchased our 2020 Geo Pro and the Suburban Elite Griddle was included, I understand it comes standard equipment. It slides on the permanent outside rail and hooks up to the camper's propane line and a bracket helps support it against the camper side, but it's so uncomfortably heavy (feels like 80-lbs), that we have no intentions using it against my camper. It can be used on a picnic table or bench with multiple installation methods and connection types, including a quick disconnect. Suburban is a division of Airxcel. Features a cast iron removable griddle plate (that when flipped over becomes the lid for storage); even heat distribution, universal cooking, and a grease collection drawer for quick clean up. 11,000 BTU/h. A distinct "pink" rubber ring on control knob will be it's trademark. It's a great griddle for those that like to cook. I plan to sell mine as I'll never carry it with us or use it. More info on the griddle still needs to be uploaded, but OEM can evidently be found at www.airxcel.com.
We use ours constantly when out enjoying our getaways. Never have had an issue and it does not splatter on the side behind it. Maybe its the way we cook, but, we love it. Breakfast, Steaks, Burgers, veggies....
Still running great!
Ed from Riverside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2021, 03:12 PM   #37

I've used it on every camping trip this year, it works awesome. Easy quick setup and connection. Couples great with the pull stove on the outdoor kitchen.
TimK2509S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2021, 08:06 PM   #38
Open Space Wanted

Don't know what they neigh sayers are talking about.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Griddle.jpg
Views:	291
Size:	246.4 KB
ID:	261397  
Old 09-01-2021, 06:23 PM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriscowles View Post
Probably bought by both from the Chinese factory that designed it.
I realize this is a 3 year old thread, but...Just had to respond to this post.
Chinese don't design much of anything. They steal and copy from the rest of the world.
Let's not give them credit for this. Manufacturers have their designs built in China because it is a country that underpays it's workers, and therefore is cheaper to build.
You give them way to much credit.
No offense.
Old 09-02-2021, 07:51 AM   #40

I got a 12’ and 20’ quick connect hose for the Blackstone from propanegear.com - like others, I prefer to keep my griddle on a small folding table further from the trailer. There’s always some splatter of oil on the ground when I use. I’d prefer to keep anything that may attract animals farther away. Even if it is only 12’. Also, depending on which way the wind is blowing sometimes it’s nice to stand behind the trailer while cooking so it’s a bit of a shield from the wind. Just like the added positioning flexibility.
Tow Vehicle:
2021 Ford F-150 / 11,600 towing / 1826 payload
Casademike is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
forest river, rockwood