Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-11-2016, 12:52 PM   #1

New guy with a new Rockwood 2607a

We had an older 5th wheel that we just weren't using as much as we should have been using it. The hitch was a pain, the length of 5th wheel was too long for some of the places we were going and the features were leaving a lot to be desired.

Sold that trailer almost a year ago and looked and looked and looked some more. We looked at so many trailers I can't even remember them all. Finally found this floorplan in a Cougar but we didn't much care for the interior of the cougar. So we set out to find this floorplan on another line. Saw the floorplan online and did some research, low and behold a dealer about 30 minutes away had 3 of them. Some haggling (not much to my surprise) and some price comparing to a couple dealers about 3 hours away had us with the price we wanted and more features than we expected to get.

Decent tank sizes for an ultra light, dual slides, good sized bathroom, outdoor kitchen and hard sides (Really stoked about the hard sides since the corrugated sides on our last trailer were such a pain to clean and wax).

We pick it up Wednesday and already have a list of mods to make.

Pic of it sitting in the dealer lot the day we bought it.
GloNDark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2016, 06:45 PM   #2

Welcome from Wisconsin and congrats on your new Rockwood. Looking, looking, and looking some more paid off for you .
Wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2016, 10:21 PM   #3

Boy buying in winter time here sure makes for a short wait to picking up trailers. Hahaha.

Brought our new trailer home today. Didn't get a chance to install the Anderson hitch because I need to move some stuff on the frame for the driverside bracket. But 20 psi in the air bags brought it all back up, maybe even a touch too high.

Old 02-04-2016, 03:23 PM   #4

New guy with a new Rockwood 2607a

Well not quite a month old and major disappointment #1 has popped up.

I have several of these indentations on the front cap of my trailer. And the dealer we bought it from has told me "sorry. Not their problem"

Argh. We haven't even taken it out yet. Only brought it home and has been stored on our side yard ever since.

Old 02-05-2016, 07:31 PM   #5

I had issues with my 2015 2904ss and the dealer was not interested in dealing with. Forest River factory took care of ALL issues plus some.

PM me, might be able to help you.
dpowli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 11:56 AM   #6

Well the maiden voyage went well. We had a trip planned for almost 2 months and we almost had to cancel because the dealer was still working out the front cap issues above. Apparently my trailer was not fitted with the foam bolsters that are needed behind the front cap to keep it from deforming. They had it over 7 weeks to fix it. Looks decent now, although I'm pretty disappointed in the color sealant that they used on the roof. I need to find some darker brown sealant to cover their off white sealant.

I also have noticed that my road side slide needs to be adjusted. The top closes first, then the rear corner closes and the front corner is about 1" out which causes the whole thing to twist.

Overall I've been frustrated with the service center but very happy with the Forest River warranty folks. They really have gone above and beyond to help us get things taken care of.

GloNDark is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rockwood