Old 11-23-2015, 06:20 PM   #11
Bears, thanks for the well wishes. Not sure why Rockwood went to the 'reverse' island for a while.

5picker, no LED's on ours. Now my DW is jealous. Well she already was for the bedroom slide. We are pulling with the 2015 F150 3.5 Eco. I thought the 8289 was as big as I wanted to go. Easy tow of about 150 miles through Western PA and WV hills/mountains today.

From earlier post, our Keurig and heat pad are working at a WV state park tonight. It must have been bad juice at the other campground.

woodguy00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2015, 06:45 PM   #12
Sorry it doesn't have the LED's. Probably easy to do! Make the wife happy!
If by chance you were anywhere near Somerset while in Western PA today, you were within spitting distance of me. It was good you kept moving though... they were making snow here at the ski resorts today!

2016 Flagstaff 8529IKBS Diamond Package 5th Wheel
Ford F-Series SCREW 4x4
TST Tire Monitor - Sinemate 3500w Gen.
2016 Nights Camped = 44
5picker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2015, 07:13 PM   #13
Hey Woodguy00

When we bought ours we thought it was large. We soon found out that for two people the unit was just right. Ours weighs a little over 8,000 lbs. We pull it with a 2009 Chevy Silverado 2500. It does a real nice job. I might mention to you another feature that you have that we thought we were getting was the door from the bedroom to the bathroom. On the 2013 unit they did away with it. We were disappointed. I might encourage you to make sure you check your roof on a regular basis. This year I found all four corners needed to be worked on. We'll be leaving for Florida pretty soon. Can't wait. Have fun and be safe.
Bears1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2016, 01:55 PM   #14
Originally Posted by woodguy00 View Post
We just picked up our new 8289 that had a late October build date. Spending the first weekend at a campground a few miles from the dealer. 36 degrees this morning

Rockwood has changed their center island. The prior island with the doors on the fireplace side was the one item my wife didn't like. The new one is similar to that in the new 8289. We really like it and find the convenience much better. Perfect spot for the trash can and all the stuff we keep under the sink at home. We heard from Rockwood that customers were asking for the change and they had been considering doing it. Nice improvement that will be a hit in the marketplace.

The other big change is that D range tires are now standard. Still a mystery Chinese brand but D rated nonetheless.

Actual weight came in at 8380 lbs with a single 15K A/C.

One question. Our Keurig machine only flashes instead of working. Same story for a heating pad. A high draw blow dryer works fine in the same outlets. We are hooked to electricity at a campground. Does this sound like quality of supply from the campground or an issue with the new trailer? Attachment 94778Attachment 94779

Major kudos to Rockwood for listening to their customers. Impressed so far.
I just bought a 16 my self. But the island is different. I like that one better.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1454356500869.jpg
Views:	151
Size:	64.2 KB
ID:	98753  
duramaxlbz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2016, 01:35 AM   #15
Yeah, our island has the doors on the opposite side. That's one of the first things my wife noticed. Way better the way you have them. Is there still room with the sink there?
2015 Forest River Rockwood Signature Series Ultra Lite 8289WS w/Diamond pkg.
2014 RAM CTD 6.7 Tradesman 4WD Auto Crew Cab Long Bed
tdst51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2016, 06:32 AM   #16
There is a ton of room.

duramaxlbz is offline   Reply With Quote

tire, tires