Old 03-20-2010, 08:40 AM   #1

New Owner

Purchased a slightly used 2009 Rockwood 2607 last week and joined the forum. Been browsing and learning a bit more about Forest River products. DW decided she wanted standard TT versus ourTrailmanor. Loved the Trailmanor as far as towing but not as livable inside. We're remodeling our house and have been living in Trailmanor for three weeks. A week now in the Rockwood and much better. Do have some of the ususal issues. Woke up this morning to a leak on the bed. (Thunderstorm outside.) Found it was the overhead vent and found the cover cracked. Tried to tape but it cracked even more. Not sure how difficult it will be to replace. Just have it covered now. Also have a leak somewhere up front. Carpet wet near right side of bed. Found a connection near the fresh water pump that was a little loose, hoping that was it. Power exhaust fan in the bathroom doesn't work. Haven't had time to look into that issue yet. Otherwise just the usual Concertone issues. Love the trailer. It's the model with the rear bathroom with shower and double lavatories. Just the two of us so wanted the big bath. Rambled on too much but look forward to learning more and sharing experiences. Happy trails.

Old 03-20-2010, 09:08 AM   #2

Welcome to FRF!

Must be the same storm that just passed through here in New Braunfels where I've been for the past week with family.

I'm not sure about replacing the covers but they shouldn't be too hard. I would get some of those Max-Air vent covers to go over them as then you could leave your vents open while it's raining with no worries. I think they are around $25-$35 each at campingworld.

Old 03-20-2010, 09:43 AM   #3

Welcome to FRF, and Congrats on your new-to-you Rockwood 2607.

Post pics when you get a chance. We love pictures.
Old 03-20-2010, 10:14 AM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

The covers are fairly easy to replace, one size mostly 14 inch. Camping World has covers, and so should your dealer. Can swap in 30 minutes or less. Remove screen, raise cover some from inside, before you go on the roof. May help to have a helper stay down below.
2008 Yamaha V-Star 650 Classic

2008 Work and Play 18LT
LadyWindrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 11:47 AM   #5
Arn
Arn

As stated above, MaxxAir covers are almost a must have. You can leave vents open when you're not there & they just make it more livable if you are there in wet weather. Easy to install too.
Old 03-22-2010, 09:21 PM   #6

Replaced the cover today. Thanks for the tip windrider. No problem once I realized I had to start inside. Water leak was not the connection I found earlier but did track it down to the connection to water pump. Connection is tight so will probably try some sealing tape. Haven't gotten to the powered vent fan yet. Thanks for the welcome from all.

Tags
rockwood