Old 10-11-2007, 05:59 PM   #11

bkla1029, have a good time, for the last time, in your old camper.

Enjoy the new Rockwood. Also, post photos when yoiu get a chance.

Old 10-12-2007, 11:33 AM   #12

I just got the 8313SS and took it out for the weekend. It is my first TT so I can't compare it to any others. First: what I liked..... It has alot of room, i havn't hit my head on the shelf over the bed....lol(yet), the air matresses on the couches, the heated matress on the bed, how easy it was to pull, and the list goes on....I am happy with it.

Now for the things I wish were better:.....The day night shades catch on the bulky knobs on the windows, the cabinet space is almost non existent, the main television needs a swivel mount so it can be seen from the table area, no lights in the storage compartments outside, the counter extension is unstable with just one extended leg in the center, and I have hit my head on the trim around the inside of the rear slide (several times).....I guess I'm a slow learner....

So overall the quality of the TT is very nice, and the things I wish were better are pretty minor issues, and most can be fixed easily with some modifications. So enjoy the new TT and have fun.

2002 Chevy 2500 HD 6.0 L
gofast! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007, 04:12 PM   #13
Newbie shopping for FR

bkla1029 and gofast congratulations on your new trailers. We are very close to purchasing the same model. I have decided not to order it until January since we can't use it until May anyway (Canadian Eh!) I figure it is better having money in the bank earning interest then a trailer in driveway collecting snow. I would love to hear anything you have to tell me about the trailers (thanks for your comments gofast) and would like to see pictures when you have them. One question that I am having a tough time finding an answer to is "how long is the awning". Also, are the air beds infladed by a 12 volt or 120 volt supply ie can they be inflated without being plugged in?

Thanks,
Old 10-19-2007, 10:49 AM   #14

I could only get the matresses aired up when it was plugged in (shore line, or generator)

2002 Chevy 2500 HD 6.0 L
gofast! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 10:16 PM   #15

I think it will work

I just purchased this trailer well... the 831 krss but when we were looking at it, there is a large inflate/deflate hole with a cap at the foot of the mattress which we were told can be used just as a traditional air mattress in the absence of 110 however you need to have a 12 v classic type air mattress pump. Mine has many types of connectors to inflate pool toys etc... and it works great on a normal mattress. Hope this helps, I will post more on Wednesday when I get my new trailer and try this.

Frank
Old 10-17-2010, 07:32 PM   #16

I have the 8313SS a 2008. Only the wife and me, so we removed the front couch and dinette booth. Put in free standing table with chairs and 2 reclners. We went camping this weekend. first since the mod and it is great. No major problems yet.
bill and theresa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 10:54 PM   #17

You can use a coleman air mattress pump, available at Wal Mart. It runs on 4 D cell batteries, but you have to be pretty fast removing the pump to put the cap on! It's very easy to lose a lot of air!! Randy
Flowmaster "true duals", 380 h.p., Bilstein shocks
08flagvlite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 10:38 AM   #18

These are the mods I made to my 8313. Just the wife and me and an occasional grandchild. Works well for us. We are still searching for the right table and chairs. Would consider trade air bed sofa for the right table and chairs
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	winter camping 006.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	56.1 KB
ID:	4172   Click image for larger version

Name:	winter camping 007.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	54.4 KB
ID:	4173   Click image for larger version

Name:	winter camping 008.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	55.1 KB
ID:	4174  
bill and theresa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 01:08 PM   #19

Hi there! Great job with the mods! Your pics were great(funny what gets me excited as i get older, lol!) Gave me some great ideas for our trailer. We have a 2010 8316SS and really have enjoyed it to this point.
Old 01-08-2011, 08:21 PM   #20

Bill, I want to do the same mod to mine. What did the carpet look like after you took the dinette out?

Great job btw, thanks for the pics

Tags
rockwood