Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-15-2010, 10:06 PM   #1
Arn
Arn
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Ottawa Valley, Ontario
Posts: 181
New problem every trip is getting frustrating...

2010 2604 is great but is becoming a pain. Pilot light on stove didn't work, shower stall leaked, water pump switch light quit working, kitchen faucet dripped, etc, etc. Nothing major, nothing that is Rockwood's fault but it all adds up to a lot of inconvenience & frustration. Dealer has been great but it's over an hours haul & $20 of fuel to get there every time. Now my toilet leaks. It is at the top just before the flush valve & seems to leak when forward pressure is put on the toilet. Is there anything in there that I can tighten or replace or are these things a one piece unit?
__________________

__________________
Arn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 10:20 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
Boyd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Iron River, MI
Posts: 378
Mine had the same problem except it only leaked when the hot water heater was on. After mopping the floor many times, I narrowed it to one thing, "heated water caused pressure in the lines and the achilles was at the toilet connection." The fix was an easy one and I hope you are so gifted. The plastic nut that holds the line to the toilet (the one impossible to see without a mirror) needed tightening. Good luck.
__________________

__________________
Boyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 10:25 PM   #3
Arn
Arn
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Ottawa Valley, Ontario
Posts: 181
Thanks. Out comes the old swiveling extension mirror.
__________________
Arn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 11:11 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
grhodes50's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Eastern Oklahoma, USA
Posts: 2,613
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arn View Post
2010 2604 is great but is becoming a pain. Pilot light on stove didn't work, shower stall leaked, water pump switch light quit working, kitchen faucet dripped, etc, etc. Nothing major, nothing that is Rockwood's fault but it all adds up to a lot of inconvenience & frustration. Dealer has been great but it's over an hours haul & $20 of fuel to get there every time. Now my toilet leaks. It is at the top just before the flush valve & seems to leak when forward pressure is put on the toilet. Is there anything in there that I can tighten or replace or are these things a one piece unit?
I know it's hard but hang in there. I usually have 3 or 4 problems each time I camp and I've had my trailer for 19 months now. It's been in the shop about 4 of those months. Some I can fix and some have to go back to the dealer for repair.

The last time I had a bearing going out in the AC so I made a list of everything I could find wrong. Ended up with 14 items, some very minor but if I was going to have to take it in, might as well have them fixed as well. All under warranty. This was only the second time out in the tt after getting both sidewalls replaced because of delamination.

Very frustrating. My wife and I are currently looking at new trailers.

Good Luck!
__________________

Gary & Trish
"PT Crew Member Since 11/2010"
2017 Prime Time Crusader 315RST TE 6.0 : 2007 Flagstaff 206ST MAC Series
2012 F-250 Lariat : FX4 : CC : SB : 6.7L Diesel : 3/55 Gears

2017 Nights Camped - 4
grhodes50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 11:18 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 855
Carry a small assortment of tools and fix things when you see them. Remember this is not a stick house, this is a mobile home. Things come apart going down the road. It happens to everyone. Either learn to be a good jack of all trades and fix them yourself or be prepared to pay a lot of money to repair shops for as long as you own an RV. That is just a fact of life.
__________________
donn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 04:14 PM   #6
Arn
Arn
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Ottawa Valley, Ontario
Posts: 181
Quote:
Originally Posted by donn View Post
Carry a small assortment of tools and fix things when you see them. Remember this is not a stick house, this is a mobile home. Things come apart going down the road. It happens to everyone. Either learn to be a good jack of all trades and fix them yourself or be prepared to pay a lot of money to repair shops for as long as you own an RV. That is just a fact of life.
I do carry tools. I do repairs. I know these things rattle & shake. Point was, I'm tired of going back to the dealer to get him to do his job under warranty. Point was, I did repairs on all previous trailers & plan on doing them on this one too, once the warranty expires.
__________________
Arn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 04:28 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Manitoba
Posts: 1,283
It sure does make one wonder about the quality of these new units. Before I ordered my new Flagstaff, I had a 1995 Cobra Sunrise, and simply never had any problems with it. But it was a very expensive 5er at the time, and they did go out of business, probably spent too much building them!
__________________
crocus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 09:17 AM   #8
Junior Member
 
MissouriCamper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Missouri
Posts: 29
lucky

I work construction and use our 2006 Rockwood 2603 when I'm out of town on jobs plus when my wife and I go on vacations. Needless to say it has been well used. We've been extremely fortunate with this camper with the only problem being a small leak that developed last year and was solved by resealing the roof. As many miles as we have put on it it really amazes me that more hasn't gone wrong. PS- Will knock on wood that our good luck continues.
__________________
MissouriCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 10:20 AM   #9
Senior Member
 
grhodes50's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Eastern Oklahoma, USA
Posts: 2,613
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissouriCamper View Post
I work construction and use our 2006 Rockwood 2603 when I'm out of town on jobs plus when my wife and I go on vacations. Needless to say it has been well used. We've been extremely fortunate with this camper with the only problem being a small leak that developed last year and was solved by resealing the roof. As many miles as we have put on it it really amazes me that more hasn't gone wrong. PS- Will knock on wood that our good luck continues.
That's great. I believe that there are way more trailers like your's than the ones like the OP's or mine. It just seems like either you get a good one or you get a really bad one. Not much in-between. I call it the plane crash syndrome. It doesn't happen very often, but when it does....
__________________

Gary & Trish
"PT Crew Member Since 11/2010"
2017 Prime Time Crusader 315RST TE 6.0 : 2007 Flagstaff 206ST MAC Series
2012 F-250 Lariat : FX4 : CC : SB : 6.7L Diesel : 3/55 Gears

2017 Nights Camped - 4
grhodes50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 09:13 PM   #10
Arn
Arn
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Ottawa Valley, Ontario
Posts: 181
Just back from another long weekend, more problems. Black tank valve leaks AGAIN, front hitch light quit working & a shelf in the lower cupboard fell apart. Rockwood brags about glued & screwed cabinets. The only thing screwed here is me because this cupboard was held together with staples. I've grown very tired of being nice when I call the dealer. I sure hope somebody piddles in my Corn Flakes tomorrow so I can take it out on the dealer. Why do they build trailers on Mondays & Fridays?
__________________

__________________
Arn is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
rockwood

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:22 AM.