Old 08-22-2016, 01:52 PM   #11

We have a 2013 2109S and love it. I travel with a full load of water every time I go out. I find it comes in very handy while traveling. I did beef up the brackets holding the tank in place. I got the information from this forum. I also did the slide motor fix that I read here. My trailer toes much better with the weight of a tank of water. We just returned from a 5000 mile trip out to Yellowstone and the Tetons. Wish I was still there. We were on the road almost five weeks had not one problem. You will love the trailer. I also added a second battery which helped a bunch while we were out west.

Old 08-22-2016, 04:46 PM   #12

We have the same trailer and your experience with the slide lock bar is the same as mine although my dealer did encourage me to use it (but I usually don't). As for the water tank we travel with it full however I reinforced one of the brackets due to the fact it was bent from the factory in my opinion the brackets are to thin,if you do fill the tank I would keep a eye on the brackets. I replaced the heavy table with a smaller and lighter one. All in all we like the trailer wish we could use it more. ENJOY YOURS !!!

Old 08-22-2016, 05:36 PM   #13

We have a 2016 1/2 MiniLite 2109s purchased last November. With several trips under our belts I am glad to report no problem with refrig door. Does your model have the optional wood raised panel. Curious.
I travel with the slide out bar in place. No problems yet. Recommended by dealer.
We have only camped with hook up's. Never used water tank yet.
Check your roof. Found several places with gaps in sealant. No leaks yet but repair coming this week.
Best of luck.
Old 08-22-2016, 06:43 PM   #14

I have a 2014 2109s. Haven't had the refer problem, but I did run into the slide lock problem. In my opinion, you should absolutely use the slide lock. Here's an easy mod I did that allows you to crank down that slide lock as hard as you want: Slide Lock causes slide-top molding to bow outward: fix

Enjoy your new TT!
Mark Ulmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2016, 07:05 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoRick View Post
Welcome to a great community!

As far as the wooden fridge door covers....don't get me started!

We've had problems with both in the two trailers we've owned. (I'm an engineer so it just KILLS me that they would use a thin, plastic strip to hole up about 10 pounds of wood!) In fact, my current wood fridge facing is sitting in the back of my truck along with the two plastic strips...one goes on top and one on the bottom. The strips aren't even broken...the one on the bottom just cannot support the weight.) (Okay, you got me started!)

I don't see any reason to drive around with the water tank empty....at least put 5 gallons in there for rest stops. (I do advice people to drain the water out of the water heater if it's going to sit there longer than a week...after about a week it'll start to stink really bad which is a pain to get rid of....actually the same for the fresh water tank.)
Thanks for sharing your tips and experiences. I'll go with 5 gallons in the tank when we are back on the road next time. I almost eager to get back home so I can do some work on the trailer and also optimize the storage and convenience features.
Old 08-22-2016, 07:11 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Probwrm19 View Post
We have a 2016 1/2 MiniLite 2109s purchased last November. With several trips under our belts I am glad to report no problem with refrig door. Does your model have the optional wood raised panel. Curious.
I travel with the slide out bar in place. No problems yet. Recommended by dealer.
We have only camped with hook up's. Never used water tank yet.
Check your roof. Found several places with gaps in sealant. No leaks yet but repair coming this week.
Best of luck.
Great idea to check dicor sealant on roof...mine had some gaps unfortunately I did not discover until some damage was done
Old 08-23-2016, 11:45 AM   #17

Thanks a bunch to everyone that replied. My to- do list now includes beefing up the crown molding to allow the slide lock to function properly. Better securing the slide motor. Reinforcing/replacing the the water tanks mounts. Checking the roof sealant. And repairing the wood insert fridge doors. This forum is truly a great place to share experiences, tips and repairs with other owners. Thanks again.
Old 08-23-2016, 12:04 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by High Plains Drifters View Post
Thanks a bunch to everyone that replied. My to- do list now includes beefing up the crown molding to allow the slide lock to function properly. Better securing the slide motor. Reinforcing/replacing the the water tanks mounts. Checking the roof sealant. And repairing the wood insert fridge doors. This forum is truly a great place to share experiences, tips and repairs with other owners. Thanks again.
All of which FOREST RIVER SHOULD HAVE DONE !!
Old 08-23-2016, 07:01 PM   #19

We have towed our 15 2109S about 5000km. Lots of it on rough gravel forestry access roads. Nothing has fallen apart or fell out. We do not use the slide lock. As noted the moulding on top isn't going to hold it secure any how.

We have no water access where we camp. I have filled it once and towed it and you could see how the tank bows. I no longer will fill it past half for longer trips. Anything under an hour I am not as concerned.

On our first trip the plastic potable water drain was sheared off from a rock most likely. It is now a nice brass one.

I have done numerous mods which personalized the trailer more to our needs. I created a thread which lists many of them.

The only thing I wish was the 2109S sat higher up like the 2104. I may add a lift later on as some of our spots have some obstacles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-23-2016, 08:18 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by friendofacatahoula View Post
We have towed our 15 2109S about 5000km. Lots of it on rough gravel forestry access roads. Nothing has fallen apart or fell out. We do not use the slide lock. As noted the moulding on top isn't going to hold it secure any how.

We have no water access where we camp. I have filled it once and towed it and you could see how the tank bows. I no longer will fill it past half for longer trips. Anything under an hour I am not as concerned.

On our first trip the plastic potable water drain was sheared off from a rock most likely. It is now a nice brass one.

I have done numerous mods which personalized the trailer more to our needs. I created a thread which lists many of them.

The only thing I wish was the 2109S sat higher up like the 2104. I may add a lift later on as some of our spots have some obstacles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks for the message. I read your thread on mods, some good tips there, I will put some to use when we get back home.