Old 08-23-2007, 03:57 PM   #1

New Rockwood 2701SS/Hensley Hitch Help Needed

Hi All- I'm a newbie to TT camping and to the Rockwood family. I'll be doing my Delivery/PDI Inspection next week on Friday 8-31-07 at the dealership in Nipomo CA. I am then going to trailer it back to Santa Barbara and head out with the family for a maiden voyage/shakedown over the long weekend only 1hour from Home.
Any Input/Sugestions for things I should be sure to double check(problem areas) during the PDI would be of great help.
Also I ordered a Hensley Hitch which I will be taking with me to the dealership to install on the lot. Any helpful tips/tricks for the installation, setup of the hitch would be greatly appreciated...as would any field feedback on if the hitch lives up to its claims of sway free towing regardless of wheelbase length.
I got the Hensley because my 02' Jeep Grand Cherokee will be the main tow vehicle and it has a short wheelbase (just under 110)...very short for a 32.6 Ft Trailer.
I think I have everything: Hoses, Electrical Adapter, Wheel Chocks, Tank Sanitizer, all Household Stuff.
Any thing I might be missing???? input would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,

Gear:02' Jeep Grand Cherokee, K&N FIPKII Intake, Flowmaster 50 Series Exhaust, Jet Computer Chip Stage II.
07' Rockwood 2701SS
Hensley Arrow Hitch
TruControl Brake Controller
Score: Wife, 2 Kids: 2yr Son, 6Mo Daughter, Career in Insurance & Investments, Big Ugly Mortgage.
Hobbies: Camping, Fishing, Mountain Biking, Snow Boarding.
Santa Barbara, CA.

JOHND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 05:17 PM   #2
RAC

Here's a link which may help you out. Good luck! And Welcome to the forum. By the way, I lived in Goleta as a Kid. Love the area.

http://www.hensleymfg.com/Documents/...nualmedres.pdf

RAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 10:00 PM   #3
The Jolly Mon

Send a message via Yahoo to NDJollyMon
Welcome aboard! (I lived up the road in Lompoc for a couple years...no...not in the prison!)

You may also need:

Leveling blocks
Extension cords
Water pressure regulator

You can cruise some camping forums, or vendor websites for many more ideas. I'd also suggest a nice awning mat/rug. I like the ones at http://www.rvawningmat.com

I've heard good things about Hensley hitches as well, but I have no experience with them.

Good luck!

2018 Wildwood Grand Lodge 42 DLTS
-Seasonal Space, Northern MN.
-2017 Sylvan 8522 LZ LES/115 Merc/Sea Legs
NDJollyMon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 03:13 PM   #4

Thanks Guys!

Thanks for the help!
John

Gear:02' Jeep Grand Cherokee, K&N FIPKII Intake, Flowmaster 50 Series Exhaust, Jet Computer Chip Stage II.
07' Rockwood 2701SS
Hensley Arrow Hitch
TruControl Brake Controller
Score: Wife, 2 Kids: 2yr Son, 6Mo Daughter Hobbies: Camping, Fishing, Mountain Biking, Snow Boarding.
Santa Barbara, CA.
JOHND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 06:35 PM   #5

Hi John.

Congrats on the new Rockwood 2701SS.

HERE is a link to a PDI. Look it over and take it with you, so you'll know what to look for during the walk-through.
milzat is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2701ss, rockwood