Old 02-22-2015, 08:56 PM   #81

Atxpackfan we purchased the 8327 last May and will never look back. We love the plan for our large family. One word of caution make sure u have a tow vehicle that can handle the hitch weight (1050 dry) and remember that after you add a couple of batteries and fill the 30lb lp tanks that number will grow to 1200 or 1300 lbs. best of luck and enjoy the experience.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums

Old 02-22-2015, 08:58 PM   #82

Color and 50 amp with dual AC are the biggest things. Tongue weight is pretty heavy on it @ 1250lbs. We have stayed 9 nights the past month in it and love it! Good luck!

Old 02-22-2015, 09:21 PM   #83

Thanks for all the great info

My tow rig is an F-250 SD KR with the 6.7 PS. Got a Trekker WD hitch lined up. We just love this layout for our family. Thanks again everyone.
Old 02-23-2015, 12:58 PM   #84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colem View Post
Atxpackfan we purchased the 8327 last May and will never look back. We love the plan for our large family. One word of caution make sure u have a tow vehicle that can handle the hitch weight (1050 dry) and remember that after you add a couple of batteries and fill the 30lb lp tanks that number will grow to 1200 or 1300 lbs. best of luck and enjoy the experience.

Hi Colem! I found a private party that is selling me a 2015 8327SS Diamond package all options. He is generously including the WD hitch he put on trailer when he bought it. It's a nice hitch but I think undersized. It's a Trekker 1000 (http://www.campingworld.com/shopping...000-lbs-/73916)
I need to tow it home (200 miles flat) hopefully this coming weekend. I will then upgrade to 1300 or 1400 lb hitch. Will I be alright getting it home? TV is 2011 F-250 SD with 6.7 PowerStroke.
Old 02-23-2015, 01:14 PM   #85

I feel if you take it slow, you'll be just fine.

2013 GMC Savana 2500 FBI Edition
2015 Rockwood 8327SS stuffed with 5 kids!

SE Michigan
Nights camped 2014: 48
BiigDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 01:29 PM   #86

You will be fine. I think I know the unit are getting. I looked at it up in Coppell. I had a trailer I needed to trade in so I went new. As far as the hitch goes you will be fine with that one. It wont transfer as much weight to the front of the truck as a heavier hitch but with that truck it will be fine.

Congratulations you will love it! hopefully the ice will clear up soon. I live just south of Dallas and I think everything is closed down. Big Daddy and Colem sent that cold stuff down here since I was bragging about the TX weather!
Old 02-23-2015, 01:32 PM   #87

Bwahahahahaha!!! **rubbing hands together menacingly**

We're simply jealous!

2013 GMC Savana 2500 FBI Edition
2015 Rockwood 8327SS stuffed with 5 kids!

SE Michigan
Nights camped 2014: 48
BiigDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 10:30 PM   #88

Atxpackfan I agree with both Biigdaddy and firedaniel in the regards to getting it home with a lesser hitch. I'm excited for u as its about 6 degrees outside tonight and I'm dreaming of getting ours out of storage. So which hitch you thinking about? As u can imagine there are several different opinions out there. Enjoy the new camper we love our and honestly it's the best family investment we have made to date.

Old 02-25-2015, 10:44 AM   #89

Hello y'all. We are lining up the logistics to hopefully tow the 8327 home this weekend. I've ben reading a ton about slide toppers. Ingenious idea...drives me nuts why these types of things are not standard as they serve such a useful purpose. It won't be long and the sun will be beating down hard on us here in central Texas. Question, what is best brand of topper and can a reasonably skilled person like myself install them?
Another question I have is that I can pickup a gently used Yamaha 4500iSE and am wondering if the 30amp will power the AC units without too much trouble. We spend a lot of time at my son's baseball tournaments and am looking forward to getting out of the oven between games!
Old 02-25-2015, 11:27 AM   #90

http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/owners/...tsa_ids=15V080

I think some Rockwood and Flagstaff owners need to know this. It is important and should be posted as it is a dangerous condition.

Aviator Wright Flyer #1919
Army Pathfinder Vietnam, 3 tours
DAV, MOPH, VFW, NRA, 1stCav. ABN
Blackhat6mike is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rockwood