Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-08-2015, 10:31 PM   #1

New Rockwood 8327SS

Just bought a new Rockwood tonight! We went to the Tarrant county RV show and bought one from FunTown out of Cleburn. I've been around here for a while and had a 26tbss we bought as our first trailer. Well we needed something larger so decided on the Rockwood. I guess I am a travel trailer snob now lol. This may be the best layout I have ever seen in a RV! Finally looks like someone thought one out! We pick it up next Friday from the dealer.

Any tips for PDI inspection? Anything I should watch out for?

Thanks!
Daniel
firedaniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 11:21 PM   #2

My last trailer had an inline fuse for the slide that was under the trailer and not mentioned in the docs, so I always ask for fuse locations for all the major power users, especially if they're not on the panel. With the 4 slides on your new one, I'd sure want to know that and be fully demo'd on how to retract the slides manually. You've got a good looking TT and I think it'll be great for kids. Enjoy!

2015 Flagstaff 8528RKWS fiver
2013 Ram 2500 CTD Laramie CC SB 4WD Auto
cbconway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 07:23 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ham_Bone View Post
I found another PDI list for TT's and FW's that looks useful. Found here. And another that is for motorcoaches but is still useful, found here

Here is a quote from anouther thread I have saved. It's a good PDI.

Ontario, Canada

2014 Dodge Ram 1500 5.7
2015 Rockwood Ultralite 2905ss

2015 Rockwood Ultralite 2905ss
2014 Dodge Ram 1500 5.7L
HappyCamper77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 09:45 AM   #4

Congrats on your new Rockwood 8327SS!
Wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 10:08 AM   #5

Well, look at that! Another 8327SS owner! Firedaniel, I will tell you that in 50 nights of camping this past season our rig was flawless!! We ended up taking the big living room table out and storing stack tables underneath the sofa, it really opened the space up and we rarely eat inside anyways. Another thing we did was get rid of the cushions from the bunk slide and get a small Ikea futon since my son is 6' 1". It is a high quality rig and with the 4 slides get ready for LOTS of attention at the CG's! PM me if you have any questions..... ENJOY!!!

2013 GMC Savana 2500 FBI Edition
2015 Rockwood 8327SS stuffed with 5 kids!

SE Michigan
Nights camped 2014: 48
BiigDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 10:12 AM   #6

Oh, I forgot. Find out which switch is your front wardrobe slide and put a sticker on it. It will serve as a little reminder to CLOSE THE DRIVER SIDE STORAGE DOOR!! Otherwise you will close the slide ON the open door, trapping the door between the slide and wall, and possibly do some damage. Found that tidbit out on my PDI, Lol. The same holds true if you put the slide out with the door open, you could crack the latch that holds the storage door open. If I think of other specifics I'll post..

SE Michigan
Old 01-09-2015, 09:45 PM   #7

Congrats! I wish the party couch was available in our 8312SS... Only 4 months to go until camping starts again! We have the signature series as well... its a breeze to keep clean.

2021 Cedar Creek 37MBH
2020 F350 Powerstroke Super Duty Lariat Crew Cab
Northern NJ - God Bless America!
dieselbobcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 10:04 PM   #8

Thanks for the tips everyone! We are excited to pick it up on Thursday. Is it weird that our RV is nicer than our house? lol But the RV is where the memories are made!

Oh BTW we camp year round here in TX! Winter camping here is fun because we have the parks to ourselves! lol
Old 01-10-2015, 08:54 AM   #9

We love our 8327 as well. We had 32 nights in ours over the summer without any problems. Biigdaddy is correct about the outside storage door make sure it's shut before u slide in or out that bedroom slide (from experience😄. We have 4 children and felt this was the best floor plan for large families. I also agree with the removal of the table it opens up that space quite a bit. The only thing I would suggest is make sure u get a good WDH since the 8327 is over 1050lbs when loaded. I miss living in Texas for the reason u mentioned. I believe we are taking ours to disney world this coming spring.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Old 01-10-2015, 09:48 PM   #10

We are ordering ours at the end of the month. Can't wait.
sharkbate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2015, 10:53 PM   #11

We went to look at ours today. We bought at the show but will pickup on Thursday! We Love it! We are going to transfer our stuff over (we already boxed up) and go about an hour to a state park for the weekend! We cant wait.
Old 01-12-2015, 07:42 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiigDaddy View Post
Well, look at that! Another 8327SS owner! Firedaniel, I will tell you that in 50 nights of camping this past season our rig was flawless!! We ended up taking the big living room table out and storing stack tables underneath the sofa, it really opened the space up and we rarely eat inside anyways. Another thing we did was get rid of the cushions from the bunk slide and get a small Ikea futon since my son is 6' 1". It is a high quality rig and with the 4 slides get ready for LOTS of attention at the CG's! PM me if you have any questions..... ENJOY!!!

BiigDaddy, how is this monster to tow? I have a F350 long bed crewcab and my current trailer is 28' long. Im alittle worried about the extra length on already long truck. How is yours?
Old 01-12-2015, 08:14 PM   #13

You will not have any trouble with a f350. I pull ours with a Ford excursion with no troubles
Old 01-12-2015, 08:15 PM   #14

pulling is not going to be a issue. More backing up a long wheelbase truck and a 35' trailer hanging off the back lol
Old 01-12-2015, 09:42 PM   #15

Fair enough u have a beast for a tow vehicle. I had a 26' prior and honestly I've been able to get into 95% of the same spots. Man that long wheel base will sure ride nice. Have fun this weekend wish I was goin with ya.

Old 01-12-2015, 09:57 PM   #16

Firedaniel don't forget to post a few pics for us north folks with ours in storage

Old 01-12-2015, 10:08 PM   #17

will do! Supposed to be in the 60s and sunny this weekend. Hope to have a good shake down trip!
Old 01-13-2015, 06:27 AM   #18

Firedaniel, Colem is spot on about your towing concerns...you won't have any. One thing to note is the Torsion Axle Rubber-Ryde Suspension. Dang does it make that thing tow smooth! My '11 Puma had me feeling every bump and concrete strip, but not the 8327. Even the speed bumps at work are almost undetectable.

Sharkbate, you and Firedaniel are both going to LOVE this rig. The layout and the quality are top notch! I also have to agree with firedaniel that DW and I both joke about it being nicer than our house too!!

Keep us updated!

Oh, hey Colem, did you ever use the Furrion back up camera?

SE Michigan
Old 01-13-2015, 07:26 AM   #19

No I'm hope to make it to one of the frog rallies this summer. I was told they offer the camera kit cheaper there. My dealer does not carry the furrion brand and seems less then interested in helping me get the one that fits. I'm going thru camper withdrawals. Enjoy your big trip coming up and BTW south Dakota was awesome this summer. I took 2 weeks off work and honestly this size camper everyone felt we had plenty of room which made the trip even better.
Old 01-16-2015, 10:58 AM   #20

Well we picked up the trailer yesterday. Transferred everything from our old Wildwood. It felt like moving a house. Lol Very smooth experience with the dealer. We went straight to a state park to do our shake down cruise. I can't describe how much easier this Rockford tows! So much better than the old wildwood. We got setup very easy setup. The trailer has been perfect. except the dang iRv Audio system is on the fritz. When it's on it sounds like a bad cell phone call. Audio cutting in and out. Anyone else have issues with it? It's a IRV66.

Other than that love all the extra room! Looking forward to many trips! Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1421423634.690942.jpg
Views:	327
Size:	119.0 KB
ID:	68471Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1421423658.185227.jpg
Views:	298
Size:	116.2 KB
ID:	68472

Tags
rockwood