Old 01-08-2015, 10:31 PM   #1

New Rockwood 8327SS

Just bought a new Rockwood tonight! We went to the Tarrant county RV show and bought one from FunTown out of Cleburn. I've been around here for a while and had a 26tbss we bought as our first trailer. Well we needed something larger so decided on the Rockwood. I guess I am a travel trailer snob now lol. This may be the best layout I have ever seen in a RV! Finally looks like someone thought one out! We pick it up next Friday from the dealer.

Any tips for PDI inspection? Anything I should watch out for?

Thanks!
Daniel

Old 01-08-2015, 11:21 PM   #2

My last trailer had an inline fuse for the slide that was under the trailer and not mentioned in the docs, so I always ask for fuse locations for all the major power users, especially if they're not on the panel. With the 4 slides on your new one, I'd sure want to know that and be fully demo'd on how to retract the slides manually. You've got a good looking TT and I think it'll be great for kids. Enjoy!

2015 Flagstaff 8528RKWS fiver
2013 Ram 2500 CTD Laramie CC SB 4WD Auto
cbconway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 07:23 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ham_Bone View Post
I found another PDI list for TT's and FW's that looks useful. Found here. And another that is for motorcoaches but is still useful, found here

Here is a quote from anouther thread I have saved. It's a good PDI.

Ontario, Canada

2014 Dodge Ram 1500 5.7
2015 Rockwood Ultralite 2905ss

2015 Rockwood Ultralite 2905ss
2014 Dodge Ram 1500 5.7L
HappyCamper77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 09:45 AM   #4

Congrats on your new Rockwood 8327SS!
Old 01-09-2015, 10:08 AM   #5

Well, look at that! Another 8327SS owner! Firedaniel, I will tell you that in 50 nights of camping this past season our rig was flawless!! We ended up taking the big living room table out and storing stack tables underneath the sofa, it really opened the space up and we rarely eat inside anyways. Another thing we did was get rid of the cushions from the bunk slide and get a small Ikea futon since my son is 6' 1". It is a high quality rig and with the 4 slides get ready for LOTS of attention at the CG's! PM me if you have any questions..... ENJOY!!!

2013 GMC Savana 2500 FBI Edition
2015 Rockwood 8327SS stuffed with 5 kids!

SE Michigan
Nights camped 2014: 48
BiigDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 10:12 AM   #6

Oh, I forgot. Find out which switch is your front wardrobe slide and put a sticker on it. It will serve as a little reminder to CLOSE THE DRIVER SIDE STORAGE DOOR!! Otherwise you will close the slide ON the open door, trapping the door between the slide and wall, and possibly do some damage. Found that tidbit out on my PDI, Lol. The same holds true if you put the slide out with the door open, you could crack the latch that holds the storage door open. If I think of other specifics I'll post..

2013 GMC Savana 2500 FBI Edition
2015 Rockwood 8327SS stuffed with 5 kids!

SE Michigan
Nights camped 2014: 48
BiigDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 09:45 PM   #7

Congrats! I wish the party couch was available in our 8312SS... Only 4 months to go until camping starts again! We have the signature series as well... its a breeze to keep clean.

2014 Rockwood Ultralight 8312SS Diamond Edition
2016 F350 Lariat Ultimate Super Duty Crew Cab 4X4
Northern NJ - God Bless America!
dieselbobcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 10:04 PM   #8

Thanks for the tips everyone! We are excited to pick it up on Thursday. Is it weird that our RV is nicer than our house? lol But the RV is where the memories are made!

Oh BTW we camp year round here in TX! Winter camping here is fun because we have the parks to ourselves! lol
Old 01-10-2015, 08:54 AM   #9

We love our 8327 as well. We had 32 nights in ours over the summer without any problems. Biigdaddy is correct about the outside storage door make sure it's shut before u slide in or out that bedroom slide (from experience😄. We have 4 children and felt this was the best floor plan for large families. I also agree with the removal of the table it opens up that space quite a bit. The only thing I would suggest is make sure u get a good WDH since the 8327 is over 1050lbs when loaded. I miss living in Texas for the reason u mentioned. I believe we are taking ours to disney world this coming spring.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Old 01-10-2015, 09:48 PM   #10

We are ordering ours at the end of the month. Can't wait.

Tags
rockwood