Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-01-2012, 12:17 PM   #1

New Rockwood A/C problems first trip out.

Hello all,

This is our first trip out in our new Rockwood fith wheel purchased from RVWholesalers. The a/c appeared to work ok while plugged in for a few hours at home. While camping it froze up and started dripping water into the camper and has slowley stopped cooling. I checked everything that I could thawed out the evaporator coil and tried to cool the unit again last night. After several hours the evaporator coil froze up and water started dripping again and no cooling. After researching the Airxcel site and seeing this is a sealed unit, I figure it will have to be replace. I am seeking advice on the quickest way to have the ac repaired for our next trip in two weeks. Should I contact RVwholesalers , Forest River, or Airxcel? I wonder which one will offer the fastest service? I would replace the unit myself if they would ship me a new one!
Amos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 08:33 AM   #2
Gus

You either have a low refrigerant charge (maybe leak) or a low air flow issue. could be some isulating foam plugggin the air flow accross the evaporator. Pull the covers both on the top of the trailer and on the inside to see if you see anything. If you cant see anything obvious call RVwholesalers they will give you direction. They probably will not just replace it if it has a leak. They will probablable have a service person put saddles valves on the unit and fix/service the unit.
Gus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 09:15 AM   #3

When our unit was New,1st trip out the A/C blew Oil out and over the roof.Called our dealer,he called F/R,F/R called us and told where the nearest F/R repair was.We called and took the unit to them,returned in (10) days and picked up the unit.They replaced the entire A/C unit. Like always the Battery was Dead,they never seem to remember to disconnect the Battery! Youroo!!
youroo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
airxcel, repair, rockwood, rvwholesalers, warranty, air conditioner