Old 08-08-2015, 08:09 PM   #11

When I first learned the kitchen sink was draining to the black tank the first thing I did was started tracing the plumbing. Pulled out the drawers under the kitchen sink and discovered that the panel next to the stove had a huge crackClick image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1439078009.323416.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	103.7 KB
ID:	85169

Also the top bunk broke the first time my son used it (125 lbs) luckily he didn't get hurt.

Interior door trim not nailed down and just flopping around.

Ridiculous amount of garbage (screws, scrap wood, dust, etc.) in the hidden areas.

Black tank flush valve wasn't working so I had to remove the panel in cupboard in the bunkhouse and the hose was twisted around like a pretzel.Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1439078558.198393.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	91.1 KB
ID:	85170

Latches on the Murphy bed and in the storage area not even close to lining up with their holes.Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1439078644.340447.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	95.1 KB
ID:	85171

GFCI outlet in the bathroom went bad. Red light on all the time. It's at the dealership now getting that replaced.

TV antenna wouldn't rotate.

I cannot believe my TT made it through quality at the factory! But like I said I have learned a lot along the way and have also learned that this is kind of the norm in the RV industry. Just stinks with it being our first TT purchase after many years of discussing it and finally making the leap to have to deal with all this!

Old 08-09-2015, 11:40 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by kzootoolman View Post
When I first learned the kitchen sink was draining to the black tank the first thing I did was started tracing the plumbing. Pulled out the drawers under the kitchen sink and discovered that the panel next to the stove had a huge crackAttachment 85169

Also the top bunk broke the first time my son used it (125 lbs) luckily he didn't get hurt.

Interior door trim not nailed down and just flopping around.

Ridiculous amount of garbage (screws, scrap wood, dust, etc.) in the hidden areas.

Black tank flush valve wasn't working so I had to remove the panel in cupboard in the bunkhouse and the hose was twisted around like a pretzel.Attachment 85170

Latches on the Murphy bed and in the storage area not even close to lining up with their holes.Attachment 85171

GFCI outlet in the bathroom went bad. Red light on all the time. It's at the dealership now getting that replaced.

TV antenna wouldn't rotate.

I cannot believe my TT made it through quality at the factory! But like I said I have learned a lot along the way and have also learned that this is kind of the norm in the RV industry. Just stinks with it being our first TT purchase after many years of discussing it and finally making the leap to have to deal with all this!
That's horrible. Our TV antenna lever did snap off once but that was an easy fix for them...more of a headache having to take it in for the service.
Someone told me that a lot of the final assembly is done by the dealership (not sure if that's true or not) so I'm not sure all your issues existed at the time of the quality check at the factory. When we were looking to buy a TT, a friend (Rockwood owner) let us know to not expect the same quality in workmanship as a car. He used the term 'these things are assembled by monkeys' so expect some issues. The quality of the materials is definitely not there but part of me thinks it's designed that way to keep things light - good excuse to make me feel better .
I've used our black tank flush quite a bit but would be good to know how you accessed the 'pretzel' hose. Is that the one in the cabinet by the bunks on the right hand inside of the cabinet?

Old 08-09-2015, 11:58 AM   #13

Just wondering if everyone received a kitchen sink cover and cutting board with their 2505S?
Old 08-09-2015, 12:09 PM   #14

Just a tip in case you were not told.
I just discovered this past weekend that the TT has a factory installed battery disconnect switch. I came back from a 4 week vacation and my batteries were close on being totally trained. The carbon monoxide detector was beeping due to low battery.
Anyway, called dealer and they said it was below the fridge but I could not find it. After a looking everywhere, I eventually found it in the tongue/A frame under the propane tanks. There is a red key to disconnect the battery when in storage.
Old 08-09-2015, 01:38 PM   #15

Minor issues, the usb charger quit working, though w adapter the cigarette lighter still works. The gas line for our grill was 1" too short, I went to the hardware store and lengthened it by a foot myself, the kitchen sink handle came off in my hand and we never received keys for the bike door in the back. They (FR) have since sent replacements. We are back to the lake for 5 more days this pm, I'm dropping it off to get fixed on Aug 20
Old 08-09-2015, 03:43 PM   #16

Yeah I kind of expected some quality issues but not to the extreme of what we have gone through. I live in Michigan and am only about an hour or so from the RV factories along the Northern Indiana border and have been inside a couple of them. I sell power tools and they use the cheapest tools available and slap these things together. I commented to the dealership that as a customer I should have never seen most of these issues as they should have been caught upon their inspection or prep. They told me that is how they used to do it. They would walk the unit then automatically order the parts that needed replacing. But what would happen is a customer would come in to buy a unit and be made aware of the issue or part that
was on order and told to bring it back when the part arrived. Problem was most people wouldn't bring it back and so the dealership ended up with a semi truck load of parts. So the way they do it now is the customer takes it and if they bring up issues then they are addressed at that time. I see their point and I have no issues with the dealership as they have been great to deal with.

The black tank hose is behind that panel on the right hand side inside that cupboard. The panel is just lightly stapled to the wall and I was easily able to just pull it away from the wall. When I get the TT back next week I will probably modify it so it is easier to access.
Old 08-09-2015, 09:03 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWTT2505 View Post
Just a tip in case you were not told.
I just discovered this past weekend that the TT has a factory installed battery disconnect switch. I came back from a 4 week vacation and my batteries were close on being totally trained. The carbon monoxide detector was beeping due to low battery.
Anyway, called dealer and they said it was below the fridge but I could not find it. After a looking everywhere, I eventually found it in the tongue/A frame under the propane tanks. There is a red key to disconnect the battery when in storage.
This wasn't mentioned during your PDI?

2016 Mini Lite 2503S - tt (2015 - ???)
2011 Traverse LT, 3.6L, FWD
2009 Silverado 1500 Ext Cab, 5.3L, 4x4, 3.73
2016 Silverado 2500HD Dbl Cab, 6.0L 4x4, 4.10
rockfordroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 09:34 PM   #18

Nope...first time I've seen that red key. Batteries are recharged and fine now.

Tags
rockwood