Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-19-2019, 11:48 PM   #61
Enjoying Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJB View Post
Can anyone share the best way to clean the outside of the front window? After driving home from the Midwest, there are a lot of dead bugs on it. I am not a tall person so hints as to how to reach the window (other than standing on a ladder?) would be most appreciated. Thanks!

We use the wash and wax all products. The bug scrubber/mini mop works great. Here is a link to the complete kit:
https://smile.amazon.com/Aero-Cosmet...s%2C174&sr=8-8

2006 Durango HEMI

TeachTexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2019, 06:39 AM   #62

Outside shower turns on

When traveling our outside shower knobs turn on. Any ideas on preventing this?
FYI- we reinforced our drawer bottoms under the
bed. I had a sheet set and a pair of boots in one when the bottom fell out.
Cricket44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2019, 08:03 AM   #63

Couple of questions. We have narrowed our shopping down and this trailer is a contender. With the tinted windows do you find the interior dark? What are you towing with? We have a 3.5l ecobosst with max tow package and tow rating of 11500. The payload capacity is 1765. The are only 2 of us (total under 300 pounds even on my no diet days lol) and 6 pomeranians . We are weekend warriors and we tend to pack light so probably would be less than 200 pounds in the bed of the truck. I have had so many conflicting opinions on this. Some say we have no problem and are well within limits, others say we are pushing it and still others say we are way over.
Dog agility crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2019, 08:32 AM   #64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dog agility crazy View Post
Couple of questions. We have narrowed our shopping down and this trailer is a contender. With the tinted windows do you find the interior dark? What are you towing with? We have a 3.5l ecobosst with max tow package and tow rating of 11500. The payload capacity is 1765. The are only 2 of us (total under 300 pounds even on my no diet days lol) and 6 pomeranians . We are weekend warriors and we tend to pack light so probably would be less than 200 pounds in the bed of the truck. I have had so many conflicting opinions on this. Some say we have no problem and are well within limits, others say we are pushing it and still others say we are way over.
The interior is dark, we find we need to turn lights on much more often than before. As for towing, we towed a similar trailer weight-wise with a similar ecoboost max tow F150. Over a 6 year period we had 5 occurrences of plug, boot coil failure, always after 1000+ miles of towing. Last winter we also lost a front main seal after 1000+ miles of towing. It had plenty of power although I know we exceeded our payload as well. My experience is towing that much weight for lots of miles will slowly kill it. If you don’t go far you may be fine. We are retired and are snowbirds. I now have a F250 diesel. I loved my F150 but I feel it really wasn’t up to the job over the long run.
Roaminaround is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2019, 09:38 AM   #65

Thanks. Long runs would be rare for us. We have been camping for a couple of years have have not gone more than 3 hours away. The only time we might is to go to a national competition in Ontario or Quebec but that would be once every few years
Dog agility crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2019, 11:24 AM   #66

Quote:
New owner of a 2608BS and at this as I type this we are into day two of our shake down trip. We towed a whopping three miles to an RV park on our local golf course.

Windows: yes it is dark in the trailer even tho there are a good number of windows with a couple of larger sized windows. Yesterday during setup I was in and out many times on a bright sunny day out so I was wearing sunglasses. Every time I entered the trailer I had to both remove my sunglasses and turn on the interior lights. Note that I was looking at the control panel, tv remote and other internal system controls so needed good reading light. BUT, it was 95* yesterday and since we arrived after 1:00 and it took me a while to get leveled and the power hooked up the interior was hot. Ran the A/C (single 15000) all afternoon and the trailer didn’t cool down until early evening. I think the trailer was too warm at start up to cool down in a reasonable time. Point if my story, I believe that without the tinted windows this cooling process would have been ever more difficult. Time will tell, but today’s activities are mostly just enjoying our new Rockwood so I will see if the interior seems dark.

Towing: I tow with a 2011 F250, 6.2 gas, 6 speed auto with 3.73 gears. So far I have only towed the unit home, 15 miles or so and the three miles to the RV park. Previous trailer was an Arctic Fox 22M, a heavy trailer for a 22 footer. (8.5’ wide, four season, medium size slide). That said, it “feels like” the 2608 has considerably more hitch weight. No numbers yet but I do plan to run my setup over a CAT scale shortly. I’m using the EZ-Lift Recurve R6 hitch which was dealer installed. I am getting more rear sag than I did with my AF with another brand hitch. I’m thinking the R6 may need some fine tuning with the adjustment.
Hatchdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2019, 11:54 AM   #67
Enjoying Life

Quote:
I like the tinted windows, they reduce light infiltration which can fade fabric and less light keeps it cooler. It also reduces the dreaded "sun alarm" when you want to sleep in.
Our 2608 weighs in at 1065 lbs tongue weight ready to go. If yours does too, that gives you 700 lbs left for people, dogs, cargo and the hitch( hitches can weigh as much as a 100 lbs.).

2006 Durango HEMI

TeachTexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2019, 05:29 PM   #68

After spending the last 3+ days using our 2608 and paying attention to how dark it was inside my opinion is that it is not too dark at all. Seemed plenty bright even with the day shades pulled. All days were bright and sunny so it might darken up a bit on a cloudy day, especially on a rainy gloomy type of day.
Hatchdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2019, 07:05 PM   #69
SJB

Smile Not dark inside to me

Quote:
We just finished our 12th night in our 2608 and I don't find it dark inside (and I am someone who is a light fanatic, especially in the kitchen). With the shades up there seems to be plenty of light but also a sense of privacy from people walking by outside. Our previous trailer had tinted windows so that is all I have ever known. I love the large front window as well as the two windows by the dining table/chairs.
Old 08-12-2019, 07:41 PM   #70

Refrigerator prop

Does anyone know if there is an official way on these refrigerators and freezer to prop them open for storage? I clean mine at home and try to prop it open before traveling to storage because there is no room at the storage yard to get in and out of the trailer due to these “ fancy” steps on our trailer. The gadgets from camping world don’t seem to work to well when traveling. Just curious if there was something that I missed at my walk thru last year🤦*♀️
Roxy2019 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2019, 08:14 PM   #71
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxy2019 View Post
Does anyone know if there is an official way on these refrigerators and freezer to prop them open for storage? I clean mine at home and try to prop it open before traveling to storage because there is no room at the storage yard to get in and out of the trailer due to these “ fancy” steps on our trailer. The gadgets from camping world don’t seem to work to well when traveling. Just curious if there was something that I missed at my walk thru last year[emoji1751]*[emoji3601]
Dometic fridges come with blue clips that fit on the door latches, which keep the doors from closing.

https://youtu.be/30mSEmQvk1U
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2019, 08:22 PM   #72
SJB

Small gray tabs were included with our refrigerator to hold the doors open (just a small amount). They were in the top shelf of the refrigerator door in our unit. Theycare referenced in the Dometic manual so, if you didn't get them, you should ask your dealer for them. I have also used some other plastic "blocks" I got online for keeping fridge and freezer doors open. I've also used some wadded up towels and bungie cords to hold the doors open.
Old 08-12-2019, 08:25 PM   #73

Thank you

Mine did not come with them but Now I can look for them !! Thank you so much!!
Old 08-12-2019, 08:32 PM   #74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxy2019 View Post
Does anyone know if there is an official way on these refrigerators and freezer to prop them open for storage? I clean mine at home and try to prop it open before traveling to storage because there is no room at the storage yard to get in and out of the trailer due to these “ fancy” steps on our trailer. The gadgets from camping world don’t seem to work to well when traveling. Just curious if there was something that I missed at my walk thru last year��*♀️
Most Dometics come with these blue tabs that hold the doors open:

Some use these:

2016 Mini Lite 2503S - tt (2015 - ???)
2011 Traverse LT, 3.6L, FWD
2009 Silverado 1500 Ext Cab, 5.3L, 4x4, 3.73
2016 Silverado 2500HD Dbl Cab, 6.0L 4x4, 4.10
rockfordroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2019, 08:42 PM   #75

Thank you!! I just sent an email to my dealer to see if they would provide them. I have about two more weeks under warranty so I appreciate knowing this just in time!!

Tags
rockwood