Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-30-2017, 02:14 PM   #21

We searched online pricing. A lot of prices out there. Brought those prices to a local dealer and purchased locally. Ohio would have been a haul. Dealing with Orchard Trailer. Rockwood dealer
kedz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 02:29 PM   #22

yeah that is who I spoke briefly with at the RV Show at Eastern States back in Feb. How has your experience been?
Herdfan2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 03:21 PM   #23

We went on first night with all options and interior fabric choices picked out. Nobody had the 8310 ss in stock in the area. Dealer in Burlington By had one but not at show. We were able to piece the trailer together by looking at some with rear kitchen and also others with east west slide for bedroom. The sale mgr seems honest. No pressure. We gave him the lowest online price we found. He met it.
Old 03-30-2017, 03:22 PM   #24

Should say Burlington Vt.
Old 03-30-2017, 07:32 PM   #25
Deputy Sheriff (Ret.)

Welcome

Welcome to the Forum from Central Arkansas. I am relatively new myself. You will really enjoy your new Rockwood. I am a Rockwood owner myself. Just remember to drive like half the people you meet are either under the influence of alcohol, drugs or texting.

2014 Rockwood TT 8329SS
2014 Dodge Ram 2500 6.9 Cummins diesel
The love of my life, my wife of 46 years
and a 14 year old pot bellied Rat Terrier who loves to camp.

Mike522 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 08:20 PM   #26

Just curious, what dealer did you buy your new camper from? I'm in central CT and went to Orchard Trailer in Deerfield. Placed an order back in the end of February.
kamper00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 08:26 PM   #27
Deputy Sheriff (Ret.)

Rockwood 8329SS

My rig came from Razorback Camper Sales in Hot Springs, Arkansas. They are a Rockwood dealer as well as Camping World in Little Rock, Arkansas. Tried buying from Camping World, could not buy from them.
Mike522 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2017, 05:05 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamper00 View Post
Just curious, what dealer did you buy your new camper from? I'm in central CT and went to Orchard Trailer in Deerfield. Placed an order back in the end of February.
Also went to Orchard Trailer. Ordered at Big E camp show in February. Ordered placed at show. Pretty close dealer. Right up 91. Can't wait. Now a winter storm to deal with.
Old 03-31-2017, 06:27 AM   #29

On your post you ran your trailer 20k miles. A lot of discussion on this forum about load range c tires. How long did yours last and what is on now??
Old 03-31-2017, 07:55 AM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamper00 View Post

Can i get your opinion on the dealer? I'm planning to speak to them soon about a 2306. Did you get good vibes for the sales and service side?
Old 03-31-2017, 08:30 AM   #31

We avoided dealing with sales people. Dealt with sales mgr. We found many online dealers with websites that allow you to build the unit with options listed and getting price after submitting. Had the lowest printout with us and after doing the " I can't sell it that low dance" he did. I will pm you his name when home later today. Nice dealership. Parts dept usual stuff. Spoke to parts dept seemed knowledge able about WD hitch I was looking at. Hope this helps.
Old 03-31-2017, 08:31 AM   #32

Missed something. No dealings with service side. No trailer yet. On order
Old 03-31-2017, 08:41 AM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by kedz View Post
We avoided dealing with sales people. Dealt with sales mgr. We found many online dealers with websites that allow you to build the unit with options listed and getting price after submitting. Had the lowest printout with us and after doing the " I can't sell it that low dance" he did. I will pm you his name when home later today. Nice dealership. Parts dept usual stuff. Spoke to parts dept seemed knowledge able about WD hitch I was looking at. Hope this helps.
Thanks , It sure does. I appreciate it.
Old 03-31-2017, 09:18 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by kedz View Post
Greetings all Rockwood members. Brand new to this posting thing so please be easy on me. Ordered a new rockwood 8310ss
fellow Rockwood owner.
welcome from south louisiana
2015 Rockwood 8289WS Diamond Pkg
2015 Puma 253FBS (sold)
2013 BMW R1200GSW
tmfaulksr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2017, 09:03 AM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herdfan2005 View Post
Can i get your opinion on the dealer? I'm planning to speak to them soon about a 2306. Did you get good vibes for the sales and service side?
Our salesperson was Molly, very pleasant to deal with, straight shooter, and spend quite a bit of time with us even though we were there to order our camper as no one around had the model. She also returned phone calls and emails very promptly.

The do have a nice selection of units. Salesroom is very spacious and clean. The parts department is well stocked and all employees seem nice.

No experience with the service dept, hopefully won't need to.

Basically I just called all the dealers in a 200 mile radius, told them what I had and what I want and the one that came back to me with the best price would be the one my wife would visit the following Saturday. They beat all and some by a substantial amount.
kamper00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 04:45 PM   #36

Kedz I am a newbie but I did buy a 2013 8310 last October. The trailer looked like it seen very little use and I can say that me and wife are extremely happy with it. We had it out for two long weekends in November and really looking forward for the weather to get a better here in southern Ohio so we can get out soon. We really like the floor plan and the full size queen bed.

So I think you have made a terrific choice.
GSPguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 05:03 PM   #37

Just wanted to say welcome from Southern Virginia, You picked a nice trailer and the best it came off the Rockwood/ flagstaff line. They take a little more pride in there work. Hope you enjoy it but get the second year warranty for the 150.00 bucks well worth it....

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 04:28 AM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSPguy View Post
Kedz I am a newbie but I did buy a 2013 8310 last October. The trailer looked like it seen very little use and I can say that me and wife are extremely happy with it. We had it out for two long weekends in November and really looking forward for the weather to get a better here in southern Ohio so we can get out soon. We really like the floor plan and the full size queen bed.

So I think you have made a terrific choice.
Thanks for info. We made a good choice.
Old 04-03-2017, 04:31 AM   #39

The second year warranty will be purchased. Piece of mind for us. Hope the month of April goes quickly. Trailer should be here by early May. Thanks
Old 07-06-2017, 01:09 PM   #40

Trailer delivered in early May. Did PDI. Went well. Have used twice since. Electric tongue Jack gave up already. Dealer replaced with their upgraded model. On PDI noticed leather lazy boy recliner had brown silicone on it from somebody wiping it on the arm. On order to be replaced. Also plastic pull on screen door broke. On order also. Noticed no shelf under bathroom sink. Made one. Noticed cutout for plumbing on floor under vanity. See plywood under linoleum. Must have stopped using foam. Nice trailer. Great floor plan. 2 week vacation in July coming up. Easy to tow with Duramax Diesel.

Tags
lite, rockwood, ultralite