Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-29-2017, 04:43 PM   #1

New Rockwood Signature Ultralite 8310SS on order

Greetings all Rockwood members. Brand new to this posting thing so please be easy on me. Ordered a new rockwood 8310ss in Feb 17. dealer said it should be here in early May. Picked a few options to be built with. Made contact with another member by email due to me not following thru on activating my acct. So good to go. Live out in western Mass and upgrading from a 1993 Dutchmen 30`. Any info or guidance on issues that you have dealt with would be helpful. thanks
kedz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 04:46 PM   #2

Welcome aboard, great people, outstanding info and advice. You will not be disappointed. Everyone is very helpful. enjoy !!!!!
Charles Firth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 04:51 PM   #3

Thanks. Have been reading a lot on site. Not a newbie. Can't wait to have a trailer with slide outs
Old 03-29-2017, 04:54 PM   #4

Welcome to the site from Calgary Canada. You will find lots of usefull info here. I see that you are checking posts. That has some very good info.

Don & Bonnie
DonMcKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 04:59 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonMcKay View Post
Welcome to the site from Calgary Canada. You will find lots of usefull info here. I see that you are checking posts. That has some very good info.

Don & Bonnie
Thanks for the welcome . Will see how much the brain sponge can retain[emoji106]
Old 03-29-2017, 05:04 PM   #6

You will love the slide outs, makes you wonder how you ever did without them. Do they still make trailers without slide outs ????
Charles Firth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 05:09 PM   #7

Back in 1993 when we ordered our Dutchmen 30' I thought we were living large. Since then I got larger so the extra room will be a bonus. It was time. Thanks for welcome
Old 03-29-2017, 07:49 PM   #8

Welcome to the forum.

We just upgraded from a 2017 Cherokee to a 2017 Rockwood 8311WS. Our first camping trip was last weekend and everything worked perfectly. We found some punch list items we need the dealer to follow up on but nothing major nor anything that caused us any problems with our first outing. We had many a looker complimenting our new RV too.

Everything went smooth and worked as designed. The features missing from the Cherokee and gained with our Rockwood were just as we had hoped. One issue that I haven't been able to resolve is connecting our control panel with the phone app via Bluetooth.

One thing I've found helpful in the forum is if you find topics of interest be sure to subscribe to them for future reference. Much easier than searching to find that one thread you saw a few days back.
Scrub175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 07:56 PM   #9

Warranty

Make sure you get the 2 year warranty if interested. There is a very short time frame to purchase. I missed out.
Days camped 2017 42 days and climbimg
pipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 07:59 PM   #10

Welcome Kedz- Congrats on the new rig! Best of luck with it!

(BTW- both the mrs and I are graduates of Western New England College... not Western New England University)

Still have a couple friends up your way in Hadley and Gramby...

Welcome to the forum!

2021 Cedar Creek 37MBH
2020 F350 Powerstroke Super Duty Lariat Crew Cab
Northern NJ - God Bless America!
dieselbobcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 08:25 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by pipe View Post
Make sure you get the 2 year warranty if interested. There is a very short time frame to purchase. I missed out.
Not a bad idea. I normally wouldn't pay extra for any kind of extended warranty, but our dealer included it "free" with the purchase. Our second year expires day after tomorrow and we just finished getting two new Maxxair fans installed to replace the two that burned out during those two years.

We love our floorplan and the trailer has generally been great, but the appliances/options have had a number of problems. Keeping my fingers crossed that all of those issues are now resolved, but it took the entire two years to "break them in" (meaning "break them") and then get them repaired/replaced.

"Retirement is the best job I ever had!"
2020 Winnebago Navion 24V Sprinter Class C
Sold in 2021: 2016 Rockwood Signature Ultra Lite 8244WS 5th Wheel
Sold in 2014: 2012 Rockwood Mini Lite 2109S
fanrgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 09:15 PM   #12

Pipe, So you always buy warranty?
Sorry to ask, I never do. I bought a Rockwood 8289ws Signature 2016 last year (August) and have no problems. I think (is just me) warranty are "a thing" for the dealers to make more money. Sorry is there is a dealer owner listening to me.
Hman0109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 09:37 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hman0109 View Post
Pipe, So you always buy warranty?
Sorry to ask, I never do. I bought a Rockwood 8289ws Signature 2016 last year (August) and have no problems. I think (is just me) warranty are "a thing" for the dealers to make more money. Sorry is there is a dealer owner listening to me.
Dealers don't make a Dime on the F/R 2nd year Warr! Not even Involved! Youroo!!
Old 03-29-2017, 11:33 PM   #14
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by youroo View Post
Dealers don't make a Dime on the F/R 2nd year Warr! Not even Involved! Youroo!!
At only $150 or $250, it's well worth it. Especially since it's a factory warranty, not a 3rd party warranty.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 05:41 AM   #15

Agree, the second year FR warranty for $150 is a steal of a deal.
Scrub175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 06:49 AM   #16

That is the plan. Mind will be at ease.
Old 03-30-2017, 12:15 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrub175 View Post
Agree, the second year FR warranty for $150 is a steal of a deal.
It is probably more important if you use the trailer a lot. We had to replace the iRV 66 radio and both vent fans and have the microwave and refrigerator repaired during those two years, but we also towed it 20,000 miles and stayed in it about 180 nights during that period. That refrigerator, the stove, and the furnace used a "ton" of propane during that time too, so it's not surprising that the propane portion of the refrigerator needed some work.

Not nearly full-time, but a lot of use in a relatively short time for a lightweight, reasonably-priced Rockwood product.

"Retirement is the best job I ever had!"
2020 Winnebago Navion 24V Sprinter Class C
Sold in 2021: 2016 Rockwood Signature Ultra Lite 8244WS 5th Wheel
Sold in 2014: 2012 Rockwood Mini Lite 2109S
fanrgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 12:49 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanrgs View Post
It is probably more important if you use the trailer a lot. We had to replace the iRV 66 radio and both vent fans and have the microwave and refrigerator repaired during those two years, but we also towed it 20,000 miles and stayed in it about 180 nights during that period. That refrigerator, the stove, and the furnace used a "ton" of propane during that time too, so it's not surprising that the propane portion of the refrigerator needed some work.

Not nearly full-time, but a lot of use in a relatively short time for a lightweight, reasonably-priced Rockwood product.
Previous trailer only needed Dometic fridge replaced. Other appliances still working. Small price to pay for second year warranty on new unit. Should be here early May.
Old 03-30-2017, 01:25 PM   #19

Hi, we have a 2013 8310ss. No problems with appliances but I have installed vent fans in living room and bedroom. Helps a lot. Concern we have is that the windows by the bed don't open. Have had many nights it would have been nice to have fresh air.

Be careful with the cabinet doors by the slides. Before opening the large slide make sure that the cabinet doors are still closed. We have knocked them all off when they popped open while traveling. have been able to straighten all the hinges and replaced the screws with slightly larger ones. We now use bungee on all the door handles and check before we put the slide out.

We have been to several rv shows, but have never found another TT with the same amount to storage so we are staying with this trailer.

Enjoy your trailer, we have.
riengle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 01:45 PM   #20

Kedz,

Greetings, I'm in Western Mass too (the real Western Mass, Berkshire County) We have not purchased yet but have settled on a Rockwood. Hope to find some locals to pick their brains when the time comes!
Herdfan2005 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lite, rockwood, ultralite