Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-02-2011, 03:14 PM   #21

Just got back from 4 days at Pomme De Terre. Cant believe how nice camping is now.Just like having a condo at the lake. However managed to lose a set of keys for the camper gonna have to be careful now with just one set.

2012 Windjammer 3008W
dgh7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 02:40 PM   #22
I just tow the TT for DW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgh7 View Post
Just got back from 4 days at Pomme De Terre. Cant believe how nice camping is now.Just like having a condo at the lake. However managed to lose a set of keys for the camper gonna have to be careful now with just one set.
Congratulations! Was this your shakedown trip? Care to share anything you learned or discovered with the 3008 that you care to pass along? How stable was the unit when you were set up? Did you notice much side to side motion or rocking when moving throughout the trailer?

2008 Ford F350 King Ranch Lariat SD CC 4x4 V10 4:10
2012 Rockwood Windjammer 3008 - Equalizer 12k
2007 EZGO TXT Lifted/Custom Golf Cart

Nights Camped: 2011(52) 2012(65) 2013(65) 2014 (51) 2015 (40)
kamp k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 02:48 PM   #23

Yes this was our shakedown trip. Camper was extremely stable even w/30 to 35 mph winds. No surprises to pass along just amazing how much room is in this camper.

2012 Windjammer 3008W
dgh7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 03:52 PM   #24

My wife and I just bought our first travel trailer together two weeks ago. It is the Windjammer 3008W and we are waiting for the dealer to install the roof ladder. We bought ours off the lot but wanted a couple of minor things that the unit didn't have. Easy dealer add-ons so we went that route rather than factory order. Can't wait to get it and hit the road for some close weekend trips to get our feet wet.
Old car is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 08:31 AM   #25
Grumpy Old Member

Hiya folks,

Just closed the deal on my 2012 3008W and should be picking it up on Tuesday (5/17). Lots of initial inspections and comparisons, I'm moving from a small motorhome to a TT. The layout was the deal-maker for me. I really like the galley in the nose with the central living space.

Anyway, it seems that everyon has been having good luck with theirs. I haven't read about too many issues. Is there a more targeted owners thread than this one, or perhaps a Yahoo or Google group for more detailed discussion?

Anyway, I look forward to sharing my thoughts after i take delivery.

CZ
ChrisZazzara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 06:47 PM   #26

Hey CZ; thanks for adding to the post. We pick up our trailer this Saturday, 5/14 less the roof ladder. Dealer called me yesterday and said it would be two weeks. They said that two weeks ago so I hope this isn't an omen. We are going to take ours out for its maiden voyage the following weekend. Figure if we run into any issues we can work them out with the dealer when we return for the ladder installation.

I haven't seen a Forum strictly for the 3008W. With there was one so we could all share any issues. as well as experiences. Hope you enjoy the new "toy". Let us know how things are going.

Randy and Patty
Old 05-24-2011, 01:55 PM   #27

Hey ChrisZazzara...just out of curiosity what brand\model of fridge are the new 3008s shipping with?
Old 05-24-2011, 05:14 PM   #28
Grumpy Old Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhyno76 View Post
Hey ChrisZazzara...just out of curiosity what brand\model of fridge are the new 3008s shipping with?
Mine shipped with a Norcold (don't know exactly the model) fridge. It's the exact same model I had in the last RV. I was pleased then and I'm still pleased.

CZ
Old 05-24-2011, 06:40 PM   #29

Ours is a Norcold as well.

Randy and Patty
2015 Sabre 33 CKTS-6 Platinum Edition
Reese 16K Slider hitch
2015 GMC Sierra 3500HD diesel dually
Old 05-27-2011, 10:17 PM   #30

Counter tops

Hi everyone! I am new to this forum. My husband and I are getting our 2012 3008w windjammer tomorrow!!!!! I have a question though...we have a 2008 rockwood and it has the darker brown counter tops. Our windjammer was supposed to come with dark ones too, but they are lighter. Did Forest River discontinue the drak ones? Did yours come with light ones too????
Thanks!
NIKI
Harzee713 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 10:18 AM   #31

Ours is a lighter color. We have the cherry cabinets so the contrast with the lighter counter tops really gives the trailer a nice look. We are currently on our second trip out and are loving it so far. Keep us posted on how it goes with yours and welcome to the forum.

Randy and Patty
Reese 16K Slider hitch
Old 05-28-2011, 10:23 AM   #32
Grumpy Old Member

Welcome!

Mine, like Randy and Patty's, has the dark cherry interior with the lighter countertops. Things are going very well with mine, just enjoying the weekend. They did a nice job with fit and finish and so far everything works really well. I'm particularly pleased with the bathroom and the shower.

Enjoy!

CZ
Old 05-28-2011, 05:51 PM   #33

Congrats on the wind jammer. Saw our dealer prepping one, very nice. Might be our next one!
toadswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 07:05 PM   #34

CZ, we noticed when we flipped the stove top cover back that the bolts appear to have sheared in half. I have found 3 of the 4 pieces. Other one I'm sure has fallen down inside someplace. Any problem with yours? I'll find something at home when we return from this trip but will have the dealer look at it when we take it back in to get the roof ladder installed--if they ever get it in. Every time I call I get the standard "it will be a couple of weeks".

Randy and Patty
Reese 16K Slider hitch
Old 05-28-2011, 10:14 PM   #35
Grumpy Old Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old car View Post
CZ, we noticed when we flipped the stove top cover back that the bolts appear to have sheared in half. I have found 3 of the 4 pieces. Other one I'm sure has fallen down inside someplace. Any problem with yours? I'll find something at home when we return from this trip but will have the dealer look at it when we take it back in to get the roof ladder installed--if they ever get it in. Every time I call I get the standard "it will be a couple of weeks".
No problems with the stove top here though I can see where this could happen if you weren't familiar with how the cover locks in the up position.
Old 05-29-2011, 07:55 AM   #36

That's the real shame; we haven't even cooked on it. So far I have done all the cooking on my old camp stove or grill outside. Now this is Patty's version of camping: heat or air conditioning when needed, indoor plumbing, rocking chairs, sofa, TV and stereo. And I'm on my computer. Really roughing it out here.

Randy and Patty
Reese 16K Slider hitch
Old 05-29-2011, 09:23 PM   #37
Grumpy Old Member

I agree (I type on my iPad with a thunderstorm raging outside and warning info scrolling along the bottom of the TV screen).

Old 06-01-2011, 11:28 AM   #38
I just tow the TT for DW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamp k View Post
Well, soon anyway! We just ordered our new 2012 Windjammer today! Should be in just before Memorial Day, and we are so excited! Love the front kitchen, and we are moving up from a 22' Outback, so the extra room is something our family is going to love. Any other 3008 owners care to share your experiences with this particular model?
We picked up our new Windjammer 3008 yesterday, and everything from the PDI to the drive home went about as well as we could have hoped. Between the PDI and getting the new Equalizer hitch set up, we were there for about 7.5 hours, then had a 2.5 hour drive home, which made for a long day. The folks at Dodd RV in Yorktown, VA (Scott, David, Jamie, Chad, and our tech Dennis) were all top-notch. We shopped around with several different dealers, and actually had a better deal in place with another dealer, but when Dodd got fairly close on the numbers and trade-in, we opted to go with them because they are a little closer to home and the service department has a good reputation. After spending the entire day with our tech, Dennis, we can see why they have a good reputation! There were a few small issues in the PDI, but nothing major, and I wasn't thrilled to see that the trailer came with Duro tires, but now we're just ready to go camping...finally! Will be heading out this weekend for a week-long shake-down trip before heading to Va Beach for 2 weeks for the 4th!

2008 Ford F350 King Ranch Lariat SD CC 4x4 V10 4:10
2012 Rockwood Windjammer 3008 - Equalizer 12k
2007 EZGO TXT Lifted/Custom Golf Cart

Nights Camped: 2011(52) 2012(65) 2013(65) 2014 (51) 2015 (40)
kamp k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 07:17 PM   #39

Congrats on the new TT kamp k. We picked the same unit up about a month ago and have been out twice so far. We really have had no issues and love the trailer and the layout. Ours came with Trail Express Power Towing tires. Can't find much information about them on the web. We have to take the trailer back into the dealer to get the roof ladder installed if they can ever get it in stock. Hope you enjoy the new unit!

Randy and Patty
Reese 16K Slider hitch
Old 06-22-2011, 05:44 PM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamp k View Post
We picked up our new Windjammer 3008 yesterday, and everything from the PDI to the drive home went about as well as we could have hoped. Between the ...
Kamp K,
Just out of curiosity, how long ago did you place your order? We placed ours on April 16 and we're still awaiting delivery.