Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-22-2011, 06:25 PM   #41
I just tow the TT for DW!

Hey Rhyno...our order went in on March 29th, and we brought it home on May 31st, 9 weeks to the day we ordered it. Our dealer did send their own driver to go pick ours up. The driver left on a Wednesday night, and delivered it to the dealer two days later. Have heard the stories of trailers being ready for delivery, but not enough delivery drivers being willing to go pick them up due to the rise in fuel costs. We were fortunate that our dealer was willing to send their own driver.

Has your dealer communicated an offline or delivery date to you? Waiting is the worst, I know!

2008 Ford F350 King Ranch Lariat SD CC 4x4 V10 4:10
2012 Rockwood Windjammer 3008 - Equalizer 12k
2007 EZGO TXT Lifted/Custom Golf Cart

Nights Camped: 2011(52) 2012(65) 2013(65) 2014 (51) 2015 (40)
kamp k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 07:55 PM   #42

Quote:
Has your dealer communicated an offline or delivery date to you? Waiting is the worst, I know!
Offline was the 20th and we were told FR would call the dealer when it goes to the delivery lot. We've had to press for all updates so far and the response every time is "we'll know more soon" then another week goes by. We were initially told 4-6 weeks.
Old 06-22-2011, 09:35 PM   #43
I just tow the TT for DW!

I feel for ya, Rhyno. We never even actually received an offline date, just an email from our dealer that they were sending the driver to go get it. It took about 6-7 weeks to get our VIN# but it seemed like as soon as we got the VIN, it wasn't much longer til our Windjammer was ready. Have you at least received the VIN#?

2008 Ford F350 King Ranch Lariat SD CC 4x4 V10 4:10
2012 Rockwood Windjammer 3008 - Equalizer 12k
2007 EZGO TXT Lifted/Custom Golf Cart

Nights Camped: 2011(52) 2012(65) 2013(65) 2014 (51) 2015 (40)
kamp k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 05:13 AM   #44

Rhyno, I see you are in the KC area also. Who is your dealer? If you went to Liberty RV then getting information is a challenge. We bought ours off the lot so we didn't have the waiting game but it took 10 weeks to get an answer as to the the roof ladder they still have to install. I take the unit back to them this Saturday and they are supposed to add it on Monday morning.
We have been out in ours three different trips and love the trailer. Did you order the atrium windows? That's what sold the wife on this model. Going out again the weekend of the 4th.
Good luck and keep us posted. Hopefully it won't be long now for you.

Randy and Patty
2015 Sabre 33 CKTS-6 Platinum Edition
Reese 16K Slider hitch
2015 GMC Sierra 3500HD diesel dually
Old car is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 09:07 AM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamp k View Post
Have you at least received the VIN#?
Yep we got the VIN shortly before the Offline date. Now we're just waiting to hear when it might be delivered. I'm hoping since gas prices are down a bit, the unit won't take long to get to us. What bugs me is that the dealer (BT Campers in Wentzville, MO outside of STL) is nice enough, but they won't even ballpark it..."we'll know more soon" is about as specific as they'll get.
Old 06-25-2011, 04:10 PM   #46

Dropped off the TT at the dealer this morning. Putting on the roof ladder that only took 3 months to arrive. Couple other small items to look at but nothing major. Supposed to be ready Monday afternoon. Hopefully it will go smooth and we get can it back to prepare for our trip over Independence Day weekend. Lake of the Ozarks here we come!

Randy and Patty
Reese 16K Slider hitch
Old 06-27-2011, 09:36 PM   #47

Got our trailer back today with the roof ladder installed and the few minor details that the dealer took care of. Will spend the next couple evening reloading everything and getting ready to take off for a long weekend. Very pleased with the the ladder installation. Dealer's work looked better than a lot of the factory installed ones I saw on their lot Saturday.

Randy and Patty
Reese 16K Slider hitch
Old 07-14-2011, 11:25 PM   #48

Send a message via Skype™ to mokrancy
Hi to 3008 owners;
We ordered ours last fall (2010) with front Kitchen, rear BR w/ 2 slides and took possession this spring (May 2010). Our DR has the table and chairs with atrium windows, and although this cuts down on the storage vs the bench, it has been terrific because of the flexibility of moving chairs around (company, place to set my briefcase (necessary work), etc.), plus the view is terrific. So far we have been out on two long weekends only (one visit, one music festival) and have enjoyed both.
I have added two 80W solar panels and charge controller charging two deep cycle 6V golf cart type batteries mounted on a custom fabricated battery support on the trailer tongue, and have had no problem keeping all 12V loads on that I wanted. I deliberately left on outside lights and two 'fantastic fans' all night to test the battery drawdown and recovery. Our last weekend out (4 days) was pretty sunny, with some cloud, but the batteries were full recovered by noon each day.
I would very much appreciate a detailed wiring diagram for this unit. In particular I would like to know if the converter (120V to 12VDC) can be shut off without taking off other loads ( I haven't yet bothered to take the panel apart to see what else may be on this circuit). I just purchased a Yamaha 2000IS generator, and would like to have it operate only for 120VAC loads and not simultaneously charge the battery which will be done by the solar panels anyway.

Any advice /assistance will be appreciated.

Mike
Regina, SK
mokrancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 05:07 AM   #49

Glad you are enjoying your TT and sounds like you did some very nice modifications. You are way over my head so I can't offer any help or suggestions. Good luck with your project!

Randy and Patty
Reese 16K Slider hitch
Old 07-15-2011, 05:15 AM   #50
Grumpy Old Member

I hunted around for schematics for the Forest River products a while ago and came up empty handed. But, I'd sure like to see some pictures of your solar and custom battery install.

2012 Windjammer 2008w
2020 RAM 1500
ChrisZazzara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 09:27 AM   #51
Wanna Be Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by mokrancy View Post
Hi to 3008 owners;
We ordered ours last fall (2010) with front Kitchen, rear BR w/ 2 slides and took possession this spring (May 2010). Our DR has the table and chairs with atrium windows, and although this cuts down on the storage vs the bench, it has been terrific because of the flexibility of moving chairs around (company, place to set my briefcase (necessary work), etc.), plus the view is terrific. So far we have been out on two long weekends only (one visit, one music festival) and have enjoyed both.
I have added two 80W solar panels and charge controller charging two deep cycle 6V golf cart type batteries mounted on a custom fabricated battery support on the trailer tongue, and have had no problem keeping all 12V loads on that I wanted. I deliberately left on outside lights and two 'fantastic fans' all night to test the battery drawdown and recovery. Our last weekend out (4 days) was pretty sunny, with some cloud, but the batteries were full recovered by noon each day.
I would very much appreciate a detailed wiring diagram for this unit. In particular I would like to know if the converter (120V to 12VDC) can be shut off without taking off other loads ( I haven't yet bothered to take the panel apart to see what else may be on this circuit). I just purchased a Yamaha 2000IS generator, and would like to have it operate only for 120VAC loads and not simultaneously charge the battery which will be done by the solar panels anyway.

Any advice /assistance will be appreciated.

Mike
Regina, SK
You would actually need the manual for the converter as that is where all the stuff comes together. Chances are you have a WFCO converter as we do in our V-Lite. Here is a link to their site.

Regina Huh? Welcome to the forum.

WFCO - New world of power ideas - WFCO Information Center

John & Deb
2011 F250 Lariat FX4 Crew Cab 6.2
2011 Flagstaff V-Lite 30WRLS
SaskCampers is offline   Reply With Quote