Old 08-17-2015, 09:19 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa GLS View Post
Noticed in the picture that you don't have sway control. For just a few $'s more it can be added & will help even more. Good luck & enjoy.

Correct. I'm going to look into getting the sway bars. Truthfully, I haven't had it sway much!

Old 08-19-2015, 09:01 PM   #22

Hi arutlosjr11

Congrats on your 2504s! We just ordered a 25BHS which is the exact same trailer as yours but with the flagstaff name and decals. Different interior colors too I believe. Anyway like you, we are trading in a 19 footer without a slide. I look forward to the extra room. With that being said maybe you can answer a question for me. Is there room to get to the bathroom and back bunks with the slide closed? I have not actually seen the 25BHS in person but we drove to a dealer outside of Houston to look at a 2504s so we could see the floor plan but the slides were always open.

First thing I'm going to do when we get ours is post pics of the interior with the slide closed cause I can't find any haha.

Old 08-19-2015, 10:27 PM   #23

Twitch - let me put your mind at ease... you CAN access the RR and the bunks with the slide closed!

You'll love the floor plan and its functionality overall.

One huge design flaw is the ladder that allows your child to access the top bunk.

There are no hooks that secure it to the bunk as your child climbs up or down it, causing it so slip (and your child with it).
Old 08-20-2015, 12:27 AM   #24

Thanks so much for the quick reply. That is good news about being able to access the back with the slide closed.

As for the ladder, the 2504s that we looked at to see the floor plan included a black ladder that did have hooks on it. I remember the ladder because i found it stored under the bottom bunk mattress and put it up so I could see if it blocked the bathroom door or not. Luckily it did not.

Since you just got the trailer maybe you could contact your dealer or forest river and try to get the one with hooks.

I have seen some in pictures when I was researching that didn't have hooks and saw people adding hooks to them.

Thanks again for the info!

Tags
rockwood