Old 02-20-2015, 05:37 PM   #1

New vs used TT

After reading several of your posts, I see that so many of us are hard core about buying new istead of used. I have had RV's for 30 years. I have had approx. 12 rv's during this time. Not one has been new. If you take your time and search, you can find a good used one that has been well kept. I recently upgraded my 20 ft jayco TT to a 25ft rockwood TT. I was able to find a 2014 2503s for $13900.00. I was only 6 months old and had been used twice. The couple that bought it traded it in on a motorhome. New, this unit was $20,000. Unfortuanatly, the first owner took the lick by buying new and lost a ton of money by trading it in. There are plenty of deals like this within the market. My previous 20ft, the same deal was made on it.
What im trying to say is shop around and save yourself some money....

Old 02-20-2015, 05:53 PM   #2

I agree, we've had many RV's over the years and all were purchased used except for the TT we purchased last September. After we decided we wanted that floor plan I looked everywhere to find a used one to save some money.

That floor plan was first built by Rockwood in 2013 however, and our dealer made us a good enough deal on ordering one I couldn't find one I'd save enough to justify the drive. Sounds like you got a great deal on yours, congrats.

Old 02-20-2015, 06:34 PM   #3

I agree as well, but for different reasons. Saving money is always a plus, but more important to me... I consider the original owner as my "beta testor".

Like my tag "If it were easy I would do it myself". I look for 1 year olds that someone else has already taken care of any warranty work that was needed. With that, they generally come with other freebie mod's (vent, wheel covers, hoses, sway bars, WDH setup, etc) that are specific to that rig that I would have done myself anyway.

It might seem selfish, but I full time and can't really have long periods of down time in the shop without a "home". I try to be sensitive to the fact that the poor soul either made a mistake in their purchase or just need the cash... and I appreciate them going through all the headaches of a new rig... so I don't generally dicker with them too much over asking prices.

It's worked very well for me other the years. (Knock on wood)
Old 02-20-2015, 07:33 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yarome View Post
I agree as well, but for different reasons. Saving money is always a plus, but more important to me... I consider the original owner as my "beta testor".

Like my tag "If it were easy I would do it myself". I look for 1 year olds that someone else has already taken care of any warranty work that was needed. With that, they generally come with other freebie mod's (vent, wheel covers, hoses, sway bars, WDH setup, etc) that are specific to that rig that I would have done myself anyway.
)

That's what we did, bought a 1 year old from someone who upgraded. No issues other than a burned out element in the hot water heater. Once I figured out why I wasn't getting hot water we were in good shape.

2012 Ford F150 EB Crew FX4 3.73 gears
2017 Grand Design Imagine 2800BH
Previous: 2012 Flagstaff MicroLite 23LB
2006 GMC Envoy Denali V8 & 2005 GMC Envoy I6
PSUFan1 is offline   Reply With Quote