Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-22-2014, 12:22 PM   #1

New Windjammer 2618W

Has anyone checked out the (new model this season) Windjammer 2618W or the equivalent Flagstaff V-Lite 26WFKS? We're interested in maybe ordering one, but our local Rockwood dealer has no stock, so it would have to be a factory order. Little leary about ordering a first-season model, especially sight unseen.
rockininwpg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 06:40 PM   #2

Nice looking floorplan. Personally I wouldn't worry about buying a first-season model as Windjammers have been around for awhile. But, that being said, personally I wouldn't buy any camper without actually being able to see it. Hope you're able to find either the Windjammer or Flagstaff V-Lite to actually spend some time inside.
Wiscampsin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 07:05 PM   #3

Yeah - I feel the same way as you, but unfortunately, there's not much chance of a live preview. Being in the middle of Canada (Winnipeg), we don't have a huge choice of RV dealers to choose from - just one local dealer with the Rockwoods and another with Flagstaffs and they don't carry a lot of stock compared to some of the larger dealers; say in Alberta. Between them, they don't have a single V-front in stock. And I don't think they're gonna bring one in just so I can make up my mind.
Checking out the web... I can drive to Calgary (13 hours) or Coldwater, MI (looks like 15 hrs away) if I want a look at a 2618W. Not gonna happen.
Old 01-22-2014, 09:17 PM   #4

Don't blame you a bit, that's a heck of a road trip just to check out a camper.
Wiscampsin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 01:10 AM   #5
Manitoba, canada

I bought our 8306 ss rockwood from the the dealer you are speaking of.I totally trust marylin ,Because i asked the same question if she was ordering some windjammers for the rv show coming up.I know she sold out of the windjammers in 2012 pretty quick.Let's hope.
commander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 10:33 AM   #6

I've heard nothing but good things about Marilyn and Holiday RV.
I take it your TT was on the lot when you found it? How was the PDI when you took delivery - pretty thorough?
Old 01-23-2014, 02:18 PM   #7
Manitoba, canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockininwpg View Post
I've heard nothing but good things about Marilyn and Holiday RV.
I take it your TT was on the lot when you found it? How was the PDI when you took delivery - pretty thorough?
We looked at 10 other dealers and holiday was the last stop.The trailer was on the lot and the last one.But they will take care of you and walk through was good.Just mention keith from stonewall and you can also see our feedback on there website.I would not worry a bit ,they are awesome.The pdi was fit 'n' finish with rockwood.No other trailer we looked at compared.
Old 01-28-2014, 07:11 PM   #8

Well, we're going for it. Signed on the dotted line at Holiday RV this afternoon. They knocked almost 5% off their original quote so it came in at just over $30K. I've only met Gary, the salesman, so far as the rest of the crew is down in Vegas for the week.
Now the waiting begins (10-12 weeks).... I hate waiting, but it's still crazy cold out there, so couldn't do much with it even if it was here.
Old 01-28-2014, 09:05 PM   #9
Manitoba, canada

Good to hear.Let me know how thing's turn out ,and maybe we could meet at a manitoba campground sometime.
Old 02-17-2014, 04:19 AM   #10
Site Team

yea, i'd be interested in your review.
the DW ended up liking the 2618W or the Flagstaff twin, the 26WFKSS, better than the Rockwood 2608W/Flagstaff 26FKWS.

we're considering it because it has the front kitchen, which the DW likes better than the rear kitchen TT's.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 06:41 PM   #11

Hi Dan - Sorry, I missed your reply back in February. I'd say we're still probably at least 5 weeks away from having our 2618W delivered, but no big deal, cuz we're still 5 weeks away from spring I'd say. Above freezing yesterday (for only the 3rd time so far), but down to -12C (10 degrees F) today and still have 4 ft. of snow everywhere waiting to melt.
Getting really sick of winter. Looks like you guys are looking at 77 degrees F tomorrow - Grrrr !!!
I'll be sure to forward my review of the new trailer once received. Have a beer for me tomorrow in your sunshine !!
Old 03-14-2014, 06:54 PM   #12
Site Team

thanx, rockin!

yea, i just don't get how people can live in the kind of weather a lot of you do, especially this winter.
i complain a lot about Calif. politics and costs but on a day like today, where i'm in shorts and t-shirt, it kinda doesn't seem so bad.

i'll be sitting next to my pool, for happy hour after work, drinking that beer for you.

we're going back and forth with what to do. right now the 2618W is the one the DW likes best and that we can tow with our Avalanche.
but we also are thinking we should wait until after this summer, to see if we may want to move up to a 5th wheel. of course, it'll mean a different tow vehicle.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
Old 03-14-2014, 07:04 PM   #13

Well.... I can still go outside in shorts, but it's gotta be a quick-step to the outdoor hot tub. Shovelled a whack of snow off the deck yesterday, so if/when it ever melts, it doesn't seep into the basement. How sad is that ?!?
By the way... how can I figure out all the acronyms on this forum? DH... DW... etc? Are they listed anywhere?
Old 03-14-2014, 07:44 PM   #14
Site Team

go to this link:

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...rms-11651.html
Old 03-14-2014, 07:58 PM   #15

Just ordered a 3008w and have ants in my stomache. Will have to see at walkthrough. Will have to rely.
mikejeanne1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 08:43 PM   #16

Ha!!! Here's a good one then....
I told my wife that DH meant Driver Husband and DW meant Dish Washer... she wasn't thoroughly impressed. Luckingly, she has a great sense of humor.
Have a great weekend !!!
Old 04-14-2014, 03:51 PM   #17
MMCM/SS

I have a 2618W on order, RVW, never seen one. I would really like to know if it has low point drains? I know it has one for the fresh water tank.
Tooters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 05:28 PM   #18
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tooters View Post
I have a 2618W on order, RVW, never seen one. I would really like to know if it has low point drains? I know it has one for the fresh water tank.
all modern travel trailers have low point drains.
i've been in a 2618 but didn't look for them, since they all have them.
Old 05-05-2014, 05:16 PM   #19
MMCM/SS

2618W

We get our new 2618W in three weeks. Never seen one. At camping world we would say things like, our camper will have this campers kitchen, then go in another Windjammer and say we will have this bedroom, so we kind of know but we have never seen one. You can find some video's on u-tube. We got all the bells on this one, it might be our last. RVW in Ohio, is 650 miles one way, but man did we save money on the unit. It is worth the trouble to go pick it up. Hope you got the diamond package. After the unit was on order for 5 weeks, we called and had the floor type changed. So even if you ordered it, its not to late to make changes.
Tooters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 04:49 PM   #20
Site Team

Tooters, it's been over 3 weeks.
how did it go and have you used it yet?

we've got a quote for a 2618 with the theater seating, instead of the sofa bed.
working with Rose at RVW.

Tags
windjammer