Old 08-18-2013, 01:13 PM   #11

We bought out Windjammer straight off the lot and it already had the 2 A/C's. There were just a few must haves when we began our shopping. One being 2 A/C's, larger shower and light weight. I believe the 2nd a/c is an option with an upgrade package. And it is 50 amp. We have a pigtail adapter so we can use 30 if 50 is not available & when needed at home. But we can only use A/C of course. We can't wait to take it out Labor Day weekend. We welcome any input as we are newbies to the whole RV thing! Thanks!

Old 08-18-2013, 01:31 PM   #12
rip

Thanks for sharing about your "two A/C's"? I'm really interested about that.

Edit: your reply and mine crossed. Thank you

+ 2002 Ford F-250 7.3L 4X4
rip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 02:03 PM   #13
rip

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Barnetts View Post
We welcome all suggestions being newbies to the RV world!
Here's a few more things my tech showed me during my walk-through...

The sub-woofer is in a screwed-shut cabinet beneath the television. The antenna amp switch and some game switches were in next cabinet up. There was room next to sub-woofer to moiunt an EMS-surge unit but not much, may be different with the 50 amp setup.

The water filter and pump were in a screwed-shut cabinet under the bath sink in my 2809W.

There is a tip in another thread to use hitch-pins to help stabilize "extension countertop" if you have one.

There are also tips to put bug-screens on outside appliance vents in other threads. Several thumbnail pictures attached.
Attached Images

Old 08-19-2013, 01:59 AM   #14

Thanks for the tips!
Old 08-20-2013, 03:57 PM   #15
rip

Quote:
Thanks for the tips!
Here's another one just for the 2809W... with the slides in, many inside drawers and cabinets, close to the doors within reach from outside, are blocked... except for the little cabinet next to the front door and the right bottom drawer under the bed. That right bottom drawer can partially open, so that's where I keep maps, campground info, road magazine stuff I can quickly reach in and pull out from outside while on the road.

And another, my bedroom door opens toward the hall window instead of the wall like previous year models. If yours does the same, you can add a simple door holder (a magnetic cabinet door catch) to lightly hold the door flush while going in and out. You can mount and hide it on the window valance. See pictures (also let me know if they did your 2014 door the same backwards way, it partly blocks window).
Attached Images

Old 08-20-2013, 04:43 PM   #16

I'm thinking our bedroom door opens the same way. I'll check & let you know. I love all of these helpful tips! Thanks again!
Old 08-20-2013, 06:12 PM   #17
rip

You're welcome for the 2809W tips. I see you got the Diamond or Platinum package on your 2809W. Very nice looking. Those upgrades were just out of my price range. There are some 2014's like your model in Seguin and San Antonio.

You know I live 25 miles south of you.
Old 08-20-2013, 08:06 PM   #18

We got a really good deal on our Diamond Pkg. TT being that it was on the lot & they gave us good trade in value for our '06 flagstaff that we bought about a month before! Two more things....did you purchase the 7 yr extended warranty the dealer offered at the time of purchase? We declined that one & opted for the 2nd FR warranty. We thought we could purchase one individually when our manufacturers warranty expires. Your thoughts & comments on the matter? And secondly, where do y'all live?
Old 08-20-2013, 10:47 PM   #19
rip

Quote:
...did you purchase the 7 yr extended warranty the dealer offered at the time of purchase? We declined that one & opted for the 2nd FR warranty... where do y'all live?
I personally believe the longer extended warranty is not a good investment. I did get the FR second year.

I live in College Station. Ordered my Windjammer local thru RVStation. They actually beat all the big city deals. I wanted to keep the price below $25K plus have local service.

Where did you buy yours? Last year, I shopped Loisianna plus Texas... Seguin, San Antonio, Buda, Houston area, Dallas/FtWorth/Denton area, Boerne, San Marcos, Austin and ended up back here ordering one from the factory. Seguin was the second most competitive at the time, almost bought a 2013 platinum package from them but it did not have slide toppers and was $1K more because of the package.

I'll send you a forum PM (personal message) with name/address/phone.
Old 08-21-2013, 07:05 PM   #20
rip

Quote:
We declined that one & opted for the 2nd FR warranty.
Did you get your 2nd year warranty sent in? You need to do that quick after the sale.

RVStation printed up a form for me with my info and helped me take care of it on purchase day. You can phone FR too, the number's in a thread on the topic.

You guys haven't called, so I guess there's nothing else I can help you with. I haven't started to get mine set up for my Frio River trip yet.