Old 10-02-2006, 10:25 PM   #1
8318SS

No external plumbing for RVQ

Hello all, great forum and proud to be a new member as well as a Rockwood owner!

We recently picked up our 2007 8318SS but did not order the optional RVQ grill since we already owned one. Dealer said the plumbing is installed at the factory even if you don't order the RVQ. Well, upon delivery we noticed the RVQ bracket was installed, the shelf was included and the exterior hatch for the LP hose was installed - but no hose! We removed the power converter to see if the hose fell into the void behind the oven, but no hose! The dealer is not certain how to install the hose but "thinks" they can make it work. I would feel better if someone knows how the gas line is plumbed, can provide pictures, diagrams, etc...

Thanks!

2005 Dodge Durango SLT Hemi 4x4 AWD
1 ROK WUD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 11:39 PM   #2

1 ROK WUB,

The main Gas line runs along the right side frame rail from near the tongue, back to the water heater. There should be a pipe coupler almost directly under the area of the exterior gas hose hatch, about a foot & a half, back from the side-wall.
If the hose had been installed at the factory, a "TEE" would also have been installed in-place of the coupler. If no "TEE" and hose are present, they can be installed. A passage hole will need to be drilled in the floor, just below the oven, in the vicinity of the exterior hose hatch. Expandable foam, such as "Great Stuff", should be used to seal between the hose and drilled passage hole.

milzat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 09:39 PM   #3
8318SS

Thanks Michael, I will get on the creeper tomorrow and take a closer look underneath. I believe from my quick inspection that there is only a coupler installed in the supply line. When done properly, I assume there should be a 3-way female tee, a flexible LP hose routed through the floor to the exterior hatch ending with a female quick release coupler/ ball valve. At this point, the supply hose for the RVQ would be used to connect from the camper to the male quick release on the RVQ. Am I right?
Old 10-05-2006, 06:12 AM   #4
8318SS

RVQ Gas Line

I finally got a good look at the underside. There are four lines tapped off the main gas line. I assume for the heater, water heater, refrigerator and RVQ. Now I need to figure out how to get under the refrigerator to retreive the line!
Old 10-18-2006, 06:03 AM   #5
8318SS

The latest on the RVQ

Well, after thinking about it a bit - I forgot to mention the oven in the above post. Therefore, the camper is not plumbed for the RVQ. I got in touch with FR Warranty dept. in Indiana and they promptly shipped me another "T", 4' of copper tubing and 4' of rubber tubing. Camper goes to the dealer in Nov. for warranty work, so I will let them drill the hole in the floor!
Old 10-18-2006, 07:15 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1 ROK WUD
Camper goes to the dealer in Nov. for warranty work, so I will let them drill the hole in the floor!
Good deal.
milzat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 09:53 PM   #7
8318SS

RVQ ready!

The camper came back from the dealer this spring with gas line installed! Much easier to grill now!

Tags
rockwood