Old 07-31-2012, 03:15 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old car View Post
There is not a single yellow socket anywhere on this model television. You can see the back plug-ins in the pics above and there is only one USB port on the side of the set. No RCA sockets on the sides, top or bottom. Just the ones on the back.

I am going with the HDMI cable. Bad news--I have a three footer and it's too short. Good news--they make longer ones and I'll be picking one up tomorrow.
Go figure, I checked the Toshiba TV line and none of them have composite conections anymore. My two from 2011 had one or two ports with audio. Looks like the yellow port went the way of analog TV. So much for connecting VCR's , camera's old video games etc without fancy converting boards? Thats progress for ya!

HDMI ports and cables seem abit excessive for 720 dip television signals, oh well.

Old 07-31-2012, 03:50 PM   #12
Site Team - Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinceU View Post
HDMI ports and cables seem abit excessive for 720 dip television signals, oh well.
Just think! you will be all hooked up for the ZX-900 with 1080p BlueRay!

Lou and Laura with Bella - German Short Hair Pointer
2008 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crewcab SB Allison Duramax
2010 Flagstaff 8526RLWS - Superglide 3300
HAM CALLSIGN - KC3FFW
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 03:57 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinceU

Go figure, I checked the Toshiba TV line and none of them have composite conections anymore. My two from 2011 had one or two ports with audio. Looks like the yellow port went the way of analog TV. So much for connecting VCR's , camera's old video games etc without fancy converting boards? Thats progress for ya!

So are you saying I can not move my 80's Atari system to the TT.

2012 Rockwood Roo 233s
2011 Ram 1500 Big Horn V8 Hemi
Previous Trailer -> 1996 Jayco 1207
Barney1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 04:15 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barney1

Sure install box, use great imagination! Wii fit system may not work though.
Old 07-31-2012, 04:16 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barney1

You should have a selectable A/V plate that will allow you to do this. You just can't hook it directly to the TV.
Old 07-31-2012, 04:27 PM   #16
Site Team - Lou

If you do not have this; it should be available on the Concertone web site.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	sat4.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	29.1 KB
ID:	17362  

HAM CALLSIGN - KC3FFW
Old 07-31-2012, 04:36 PM   #17
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old car View Post
Here are a couple of pictures of the back of my Toshiba 32" television and the way the cables were attached from the dealer. I do not get a picture with the DVD mode. Get the DVD sound but the television channel picture shows. When I move the video cable to the green socket--I get black and white DVD picture and very grainy. The entertainment center is the Concertone ZX800.
These newer HD tv's actual kind of have a cross component/composite video connection (to put it in simple terms). If I remember correct, the yellow plug goes into the green component port (it may be the red though). I can't really see clear on your pic to read all the writing.

I have my kids wii gamestation hooked into our HD television at home this way. The red and white audio ports use the red and white cables, and the yellow cable goes to the (I think) green component port. When I get home I can make sure.

Ducks are just all-terrain chickens
wmtire is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 04:40 PM   #18
Site Team - Lou

Composite cable into component input? - High Def Forum - Your High Definition Community & High Definition Resource

I found this. Interesting discussion about using the "green" gun input.

Bottom line:

Having said all that though, such inputs are specialized inputs that have been designed to act in this manner. However, regular component-video inputs cannot be used as composite-video inputs and attempting to use them that way could possibly damage the TV. Input number 2 on the above-mentioned JVC I'Art TV is a regular component-video-only input that cannot be used as a composite video input.

Bottom-line is that unless the TV's manual clearly indicates that a particular component-video input is an either/or input then one should assume that it cannot handle composite video.

HAM CALLSIGN - KC3FFW
Old 07-31-2012, 05:09 PM   #19
Site Team

Old Car, see if this will fix you up. It is a Toshiba forum and they are talking about how to hook up for a Wii, but are having the same problems (black and white picture) you have. You need to hook your video (yellow) cable to the green port on back of your television (it's not correct according to your pic on page 1). You will also need to adjust your settings on the tv. It all in the forum below:

Here is an excerpt:
Q:
I am having the same issue, I hear audio fine, but doing what you suggest I put the yellow cord into the top slot. I get a black and white picture. I can see the Wii page, but it's not in color. What am I doing wrong? I did exactly as you suggested and the pictures are in blacks and greys, please help.

A:
The component (also called ColorStream HD) and composite (also called Video) connections share a single jack on the back of the TV. Rather than simply changing inputs, you have to go into the preferences to tell the TV you want to use it as Video rather than ColorStream HD. After that, you can change inputs and Video will correctly show up.

Open the "Preferences" menu and switch "AV Input" from "ColorStream HD" to "Video."

http://forums.toshiba.com/t5/Televis...on/td-p/243642

-------------------------------------------------------------

I found on the Samsung tv site the term I was looking for. It is called a shared composite component port.......and is the green.

How To Use The Shared Component 1 / AV 1 Jack On Your LED TV my samsung

Ducks are just all-terrain chickens
wmtire is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 05:24 PM   #20

I think you're correct the green is marked CVBS/Y. The dealer missed the port. Can't find book, op better check his book, but I agree its probably shared. Saved at least a quarter to leave it out. Where can he connect the HDMI cable? If he wanted to.