Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-29-2018, 05:03 PM   #1

Number of inside electrical outlets Rockwood 2104S

Hi all,

We purchased a 2018 Rockwood Mini Lite 2014S in January. We pick it up from the dealer next week and I'm so looking forward to it. Our first RV! I'm wondering if any existing 2104S owners can tell me about interior electrical outlets? I know there is one by the bed but I'm wondering if the bathroom has an electrical outlet and, more importantly, if the kitchen area has an outlet (I'm not human until I've had my coffee in the morning!).

I know we pick it up next week and will find out there, but not knowing is driving me crazy! LOL

Thanks!

Proud owner of a 2018 Rockwood Mini Lite 2104S - our first RV! Finally upgraded from a backpacking tent or sleeping in our van.
Edgemere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2018, 05:25 PM   #2

Did another look...does seem to meet your needs.

https://www.rvtrader.com/listing/201...04S-5000588486
Days camped 2021: 19
Days camped 2020: 18
Days camped 2019: 17
Chief T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2018, 05:31 PM   #3
Always Learning

Kathleen, I think I'd put this question to my sales person and make them work.
Old 03-29-2018, 05:34 PM   #4

I'm not sure about that specific unit but any camper should have an outlet in the bathroom kitchen area and sleeping area. Probably one outside as well. What you will have to look out for is running several different things at the same time. You may start popping breakers.
Kimber45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2018, 05:40 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad View Post
Kathleen, I think I'd put this question to my sales person and make them work.
LOL! I figured I'd get a quicker reply on here!!!

Kathleen

Proud owner of a 2018 Rockwood Mini Lite 2104S - our first RV! Finally upgraded from a backpacking tent or sleeping in our van.
Old 03-29-2018, 05:40 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief T View Post
Did another look...does seem to meet your needs.

https://www.rvtrader.com/listing/201...04S-5000588486
I don't see any electrical outlets at all in these pictures except the one by the bed.

Kathleen

Old 03-29-2018, 05:43 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edgemere View Post
I don't see any electrical outlets at all in these pictures except the one by the bed.

Kathleen
Looks like front of counter in kitchen (white) and bath (black).
Days camped 2021: 19
Days camped 2020: 18
Days camped 2019: 17
Chief T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2018, 05:53 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edgemere View Post

Kathleen
Look under the table on the back wall (two of them), under the refrigerator, above the stereo, in the bathroom on the stand and by the bed.

Also one on the outside by the entry door.
spierce617 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2018, 08:00 PM   #9

Also one by the door as you enter kind of below the stovetop at least on our '13
Old 03-29-2018, 08:17 PM   #10

bath, Kitchen and outside will be a GFI circuit.
cavie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2018, 08:51 PM   #11

On our 2504s all of the outlets are on one 15 amp circuit breaker in the panel. I’d be really surprised if the 2104 wasn’t any different. One thing that I have done to our camper was to change the bathroom and the lower bunk (which you don’t have bunks) outlets to ones with built in nightlight. I put in regular outlet boxes with a piece of 1/4 Luan as a backing plate. Three are 3 levels of brightness to choose from. Works really well lights up the bathroom enough without blasting the whole trailer like turning on the big light can do. Jay
Jay2504 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2018, 09:14 AM   #12

Hello,

We also just bought our 2104s in January. We’ve only had one trip in it so far so I can’t remember how many outlets there are, but I have to go out to it tomorrow and I’ll take some pics of all the outlets and post them here for you.

If I remember correctly, I don’t believe there are any outlets in the dinette slide area which means having to inconveniently run an extension cord across the camper if you want to sit at the dinette and have to plug something in.
TX_F2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2018, 09:56 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by TX_F2 View Post
Hello,

We also just bought our 2104s in January. We’ve only had one trip in it so far so I can’t remember how many outlets there are, but I have to go out to it tomorrow and I’ll take some pics of all the outlets and post them here for you.

If I remember correctly, I don’t believe there are any outlets in the dinette slide area which means having to inconveniently run an extension cord across the camper if you want to sit at the dinette and have to plug something in.
Look under the table on the wall that is where it is in my Wildcat.
cavie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2018, 10:30 AM   #14

Somewhat off topic, but I wish our 2504s came with more 12v outlets. We do a lot of boondocking, and it's nice to have the 12v outlets for overnight charging, etc. I've added three of those. At least they're relatively easy to add wherever you want them, as long as you keep them properly fused, etc.
captaindomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2018, 11:57 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by cavie View Post
Look under the table on the wall that is where it is in my Wildcat.
Thank you for the suggestion, but on the 2104s the entire slideout is the U - Shaped Dinette with overhead cabinets. There are no outlets within the slide out unfortunately.
Old 03-30-2018, 12:52 PM   #16
Always Learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by TX_F2 View Post
Different camper, but I'm starting to explore the idea of adding 120v to one of my slideouts. Same as you- there is no 120v outlets on that side/slide.

Here's my post on the topic:
http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...de-156109.html
Old 03-30-2018, 01:08 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimber45 View Post
I'm not sure about that specific unit but any camper should have an outlet in the bathroom kitchen area and sleeping area. Probably one outside as well. What you will have to look out for is running several different things at the same time. You may start popping breakers.
I have a much different camper, but the comment about popping breakers is quite correct. I have a 5th wheel with 50A service and I have 4 outlets in the kitchen plus 1 outside but all are on the same 15A breaker. So that means you can't turn on the coffee pot and the toaster at the same time or use an electric skillet outside while brewing coffee. The outlet in the bathroom and in the bedroom are on a different breaker on the other side of the 50A service. (50A service consists of 2 50A feeds split over a 240 v incoming line just like in your house.)

I got so irate about them doing the quick and easy thing - putting all the outlets we are likely to need during the day on the same breaker - that I put in another breaker on the other 50A leg and wired two of the kitchen outlets to that instead. It's ridiculous to think that a camper with 2 50A feeds can't draw more than 15A without having problems!
bobsteele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2018, 01:12 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad View Post
Different camper, but I'm starting to explore the idea of adding 120v to one of my slideouts. Same as you- there is no 120v outlets on that side/slide.

Here's my post on the topic:
http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...de-156109.html
Thanks, I’ll be following your post.
Old 03-30-2018, 01:40 PM   #19

Congrats on your purchase!! We've had our 2017 2104S for a year with one long (3-month, 12,500 miles) and one shorter (5-week, 3500 miles) trip and love it.
If the outlet layout is the same as ours, to add to what you've already seen in other posts 120V outlets are located (clockwise from the door): to left of door as you enter, in bathroom just below the sink, under the fridge, next to the bed (on "driver's" side) and to right of door as you enter. That location, to right of door, also has a low-voltage outlet set with 2 USB outlets and one 12V cigarette lighter-style. I added a dual USB adaptor to that so we have 4 USB outlets. The only mild complaint is not having outlets on either side of the dinette, but we simply sit where we can plug into the outlet under the fridge. The outlet on the driver's side next to the bed is toward the front so gets covered when the Murphy bed is up. It's located where it is to more conveniently power the heated mattress.
Enjoy!
Blog for our trailer trips: www.jackandaprilblog.com
jackconn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2018, 12:36 AM   #20

We've got a 2014 2104S and love it! We have one above the stove, one on each side of the bed with usb, one in the bathroom on the sink cabinet, one moore on the wall with the slide, but not in the slide, one above the galley stove for the TV, and one under the awning below the galley window with a connection for the TV antenna if you would ever want to hang the TV outside.
mariner36 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
210, electric, electrical, rockwood