Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-29-2013, 08:22 AM   #1
AKA: 'tiredTeacher

Off to RVWholesalers tomorrow

We ordered our 2604WS on Feb. 25. We are scheduled to pick it up May 1st (for those wondering about how long the process took).
A buddy is going with me and we plan to camp a day or two nearby. When I return, I'll add to this post how everything went.
I'm doing this to save about $4,000 and have a bit of an adventure.

So far, everything has gone smoothly. All the paperwork has been handled via e-mail and all concerns dealt with over the phone promptly with no glitches. My salesman's name is Levi Oglesbee, and I recommend him to anyone who is thinking of using this dealership.
Stay tuned for more details.

Wright
2010 Tundra 4X4 5.7L V8
2014 Rockwood 2604WS
Life is a cruel teacher. She gives the test first; the lesson then follows.
awellis3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 08:34 AM   #2
CampingQueen

Happy travels and I hope it all goes well for you!
2011: 17 nights 2012: 26 nights 2013: 46 2014: 20 2015: 16
arlee453 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 08:50 PM   #3

Wright, I'm working with Levi as well. He's doing an excellent job. I'm driving over a week from today with a co-worker to do PDI's. We both bought units from Levi. His was a stock unit and I ordered a Columbus. My unit will be there Friday. My truck isn't heavy enough to pull the Columbus so I'm having RVW delivered to my site. I'm about 550 miles from RVW so I want to go over for the PDI. We'll be towing my co-workers unit back.

Please let me know how your PDI goes.

Best of luck.

Scott
ssharry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 09:02 PM   #4

Congrats and travel safe Wright. Post some pics of your new 2604WS when you can.
Wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 09:56 PM   #5

Congrats, Good luck and drive safe. I just got back from RVW picking up my 2013 323 QB from Kelly Tussing. Had No issues at all. If you need a room for the night the best western in wapa is a sure bet. I arrived Thursday and had a PDI Friday Am. Congrats again
Having A Ball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 06:51 AM   #6

I just talked to Levi yesterday about a 2014 Windjammer 3008W. I'm glad to hear that their dealership is first rate. I'll be ordering it and I guess it will be finished in June. I have a 2011 Dodge Ram 3500 W\ air ride bags. I needed this for my 3812 Raptor TH, which I just sold. Any info on hitch would be appreciated. I'm thinking a Reese Equalizer W\Sway control.
Surfer44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 07:17 AM   #7
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surfer44 View Post
Any info on hitch would be appreciated. I'm thinking a Reese Equalizer W\Sway control.
Surfer, I am confident in either of those two brands of hitches - Equal-I-zer or Reese Dual Cam. Both are effective. I'm partial to Equal-I-zer but that's just because I'm more familiar with it. Both brands have sway control built into the hitch.

2012 Shamrock 233S
2008 Toyota Sequoia 5.7L 4WD
Triguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 03:14 PM   #8

I'm back in Richmond

I just returned from RVW. I was promptly greeted and even though I arrived early (my appt. was for 11 a.m.), the sales staff started the process.
The PDI went well. Scott, the service manager, answered all my questions including a demo of how to operate the slides manually.
The paperwork went smoothly and during that time I had an Equal-i-zer hitch put on.
After wrapping up at the dealership, I went to nearby Indian Lake SP for two nights.
After setting up and testing all systems I discovered a few minor issues. I called the waranty folks and a nice lady said she'd take care of everything. She said she wished all her out-of-town customers would take advantage of the park for a shake-down cruise since it's only minutes away.
Here's the result:
1) Missing remote for the Genesis which controls the TV/DVD/CD. My salesman, Levi Oglesbee, delivered it that night to my campsite and brought his lovely wife, Brittany, and their little niece. We chatted a while abd shared a wee dram of Kentucky's finest.
2) Dripping low point drain and missing wand from galley blinds. Scott showed up the next day bringing the wand and fixing the loose drain cap.
He made sure I had no other problems before returning to the dealership.
The trailer's towing manners were great, even in a strong cross wind. The hitch performed as advertised, and I got home after an 11-hour drive with nary a white knuckle. Towing through the W.Va. mountains took a bite out of my wallet, but the trailer followed obediently along behind my Tundra.
I'll post pics as soon as I upload them to Photobucket.
Feel free to ask questions here or PM me for more details.

Wright Ellis
(AKA: Teach)
2010 Tundra 4X4 5.7L V8
2014 Rockwood 2604WS
Old 05-05-2013, 06:41 AM   #9
Moderator Emeritus

Nice writeup and sounds like they took care of you

2012 Shamrock 233S
2008 Toyota Sequoia 5.7L 4WD
Triguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 10:42 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by awellis3 View Post
I just returned from RVW. I was promptly greeted and even though I arrived early (my appt. was for 11 a.m.), the sales staff started the process.
The PDI went well. Scott, the service manager, answered all my questions including a demo of how to operate the slides manually.
The paperwork went smoothly and during that time I had an Equal-i-zer hitch put on.
After wrapping up at the dealership, I went to nearby Indian Lake SP for two nights.
After setting up and testing all systems I discovered a few minor issues. I called the waranty folks and a nice lady said she'd take care of everything. She said she wished all her out-of-town customers would take advantage of the park for a shake-down cruise since it's only minutes away.
Here's the result:
1) Missing remote for the Genesis which controls the TV/DVD/CD. My salesman, Levi Oglesbee, delivered it that night to my campsite and brought his lovely wife, Brittany, and their little niece. We chatted a while abd shared a wee dram of Kentucky's finest.
2) Dripping low point drain and missing wand from galley blinds. Scott showed up the next day bringing the wand and fixing the loose drain cap.
He made sure I had no other problems before returning to the dealership.
The trailer's towing manners were great, even in a strong cross wind. The hitch performed as advertised, and I got home after an 11-hour drive with nary a white knuckle. Towing through the W.Va. mountains took a bite out of my wallet, but the trailer followed obediently along behind my Tundra.
I'll post pics as soon as I upload them to Photobucket.
Feel free to ask questions here or PM me for more details.

Wright Ellis
(AKA: Teach)
I wanted to stay and do the same thing but I had a 22 hour drive and needed to boogie home. I saw your post and pics from when you got it! Congrats... the family and I are going on our first trip this weekend, Can not wait.
Having A Ball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 04:58 PM   #11

395.00 upcharge for Candians

I was looking for a new 5th wheel and the same company as you purchased from wanted $395.00 for three pieces of paper which are necessary to import a unit into Canada. I bought from a competitor for $895.00 less.
acacia580 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 06:38 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by acacia580 View Post
I was looking for a new 5th wheel and the same company as you purchased from wanted $395.00 for three pieces of paper which are necessary to import a unit into Canada. I bought from a competitor for $895.00 less.
One must assume the competitor was located in Canada, n'est ce pas?
2010 Tundra 4X4 5.7L V8
2014 Rockwood 2604WS
Old 05-10-2013, 05:57 AM   #13

No Michigan
All Seasons RV4701 Airline Rd.Muskegon, MI 49444Cell 231-286-5794Fax 231-737-6168www.allseasonsrv.comwww.facebook.com/allseasonsrvswww.youtube.com/bestrvprice
acacia580 is offline   Reply With Quote