Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-05-2013, 11:36 AM   #1

Open Window Above Dinette?

I have a 2013 Rockwood Sig Ultra Lite 8306, been camping in it twice. Above the dinette is a large window with a screen. The window is an emergency window with a lever below it with a red tip. On the window is a sticker warning it is an emergency window. It says if you pull the lever towards you it will pop the screen out and then push the lever out to open the window.

Can I use this window for everyday ventilation? The sticker wording is just so ominous like never ever under any circumstances should you use the window except for a dire emergency. I was afraid if I opened it that it may fall to the ground

GottaGoNow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 11:51 AM   #2
One Happy Camper!

I have 3 windows in my SolAire 317 bhsk that are emergency windows with screens. We use them all the time for everyday ventilation. I was told by my dealer that it is fine. Mine has the same red tipped device. There would be no other reason for a screen if you could not use it. All my older TTs had no screen on the escape windows. Enjoy the breeze.

SPPD

TV: 15 F-250 Crew 6.2 short bed, ProPride Hitch
1995 Jayco Eagle 304 BH sold- March 2013
1978 Nomad 18 sold- April 2005
SPPD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 07:30 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by GottaGoNow View Post
I have a 2013 Rockwood Sig Ultra Lite 8306, been camping in it twice. Above the dinette is a large window with a screen. The window is an emergency window with a lever below it with a red tip. On the window is a sticker warning it is an emergency window. It says if you pull the lever towards you it will pop the screen out and then push the lever out to open the window.

Can I use this window for everyday ventilation? The sticker wording is just so ominous like never ever under any circumstances should you use the window except for a dire emergency. I was afraid if I opened it that it may fall to the ground
We can open ours. It tilts out instead of slides. You lift up the lever and swing it towards you, and then push it outwards a little bit. But not all the way.... unless you are using it to escape! Then to close it, you pull the lever towards you and then swing it to the right and pop it back in place.

2014 Coachmen Mirada 35BH

previous owner of
2014 Rockwood Mini-Lite 2306
dkb74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 07:42 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPPD View Post
There would be no other reason for a screen if you could not use it.
X2
Wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 08:15 AM   #5
CampingQueen

Ditto - use it all you want! It just opens up differently than the other windows.

When you push the lever over, you will see how you there is a 'catch' to hold the window open, OR you could push the level all the way and then the window would swing out and make a space for you to crawl through for emergency exit.
2011: 17 nights 2012: 26 nights 2013: 46 2014: 20 2015: 16
arlee453 is offline   Reply With Quote