Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-22-2014, 11:27 PM   #21
NELA

To go back to topic:

Those appear to be the same recliners we have in our 5er. Yes, they're leather, and they're rocker recliners.

We LOVE them, much more than the theatre seating recliners we had in the V-Lite.

Ours also sit across the back of our salon area, with a table and lamp between them. We love that they're easy to move around. I put the felt pads on the feet so as not to mar the floor finish.

If age is a state of mind, and I've lost my mind, I'm AGELESS, right?
Give me 40 acres and I'll turn this rig around:
Flagstaff 5er 2014 8528 IKWS, Platinum Package, Regency Interior "Buffy"
F250 Super Duty 2013 Tuxedo Black "Biff"
Days camped 2014: 30
Weezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 08:49 AM   #22

The felt pads are a great idea. We also have the lamp/table
rooti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 09:57 AM   #23

option 10-839 Lazy boy recliners

I forgot to mention.......

This probably applies to most trailers with large slides.....

Our old Jayco had a half slide so this was not an issue with it.

I was embarrassed the first time I set up at how un level the trailer ended up being. I got it close to level, unhooked and then got front to back level. THEN, I pulled out the slides so my wife could work inside........then the stab jacks. It was visibly unlevel to say the least......

Just something about those two big slides hanging off of the back side of the trailer that pulls the suspension that way. I now unhook with it slightly unlevel toward the front side, then the stab jacks and THEN the slides. It still pulls toward the back side some but if you estimate correctly then it comes out about right.

Common sense tells me also that you want a very slight lean toward the back side in the event of rain so the water will run off away from the slide opening.

Hey, us novices have to learn the hard way.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Klbrown53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 03:55 PM   #24

I never even thought about that. The alpenlite had one slide in the middle so it didn't affect the level. Are you saying it affects the level from back to front or side to side? I was always told that you are suppose to be level before you open or close the slides. I can see the back slide affecting the level but the bedroom slide is relativly small. I picked that model because of the two slides on one side and the kitchen on the other. I figured it would be a good balance and really didn't want a slide sticking out on the patio side.
rooti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 04:16 PM   #25

It affects level side to side. You can always manipulate front to rear with tongue jack but once you are unhooked with slides out it is what it is unless you want to bring them back in and hook back up. I don't know why it was so difficult for me to get but it was. I do not think that the bedroom slide is that small. It still hangs out there a long way and is still apparently heavy. But, by the way, we love the room that the bedroom slide gives us.

Once I got it level I added an RV level bubble to the front and another on the side at the very front so I did not have to fool with a level on the floor.

Last time out I nailed it though. If a monkey can do the same task over and over again I am hoping that I can also......

A couple of hooked up photos. And yes, it pulls really nice.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1409001264.090541.jpg
Views:	145
Size:	611.0 KB
ID:	61304Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1409001313.136960.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	458.3 KB
ID:	61305

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Klbrown53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 12:31 AM   #26