Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-18-2014, 02:39 PM   #1

option 10-839 Lazy boy recliners

I just bought a rockwood 8314bss but haven't taken delivery as of yet. I was at home going through the window sticker and found that I paid $1174.50 for 10-839 lazy boy leather recliners. When I was looking at the other trailers I saw a few with these recliners and they are really nice. The thing is, I have two recliners in the one I bought but they are the stock ones and don't compare.

I called the salesman and the idiot tried to tell me that it was for one recliner since it has a 1 for quantity next to the "Lazy boy leather recliners" notice it's plural.

Why does everything have to be a fight to get what you paid for? Anybody have a number for the forest river rep? I'm in Texas.
rooti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 03:01 PM   #2

So, you paid for the Lazy Boy leather recliners (per your paperwork) but the unit you are getting only has the cloth swivel chairs?
(All the signature ultra lites I've seen have either cloth swivel chairs or leather recliners)

And when you asked your salesman about it, he agree'd to put one leather recliner in your unit but wants to charge you another $1174.50 for the second one?

Hopefully I'm misunderstanding but it sounds like you either need a new salesman, or a new dealer.
Old 08-18-2014, 03:06 PM   #3

That model has two recliners along the back. On the floorplan page for the unit, click the middle image on the top row of the 'Gallery' and that's the pair you'd get with that option. It was exactly the same for my 8282WS FW.

Are you saying you bought a stock unit with the option on the invoice but with the standard chairs actually in it?

Self restraint is for the young. I'm old and want it NOW!
DaveSchwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 03:10 PM   #4

After further investigation I think I have the right chairs. All these people that work at the dealerships have there head on backwards. The salesman was thinking about another model with the one chair when he replied. It has 2 chairs in there now that look like they are vinyl but the salesman actually went into the trailer and they are marked as lazy boys.

The weird thing is there were other rockwood models that I knew were lazyboys and they seemed like a better quality chair and actually looked like leather.

I'm questioning everything now since we found out the trailer we bought was on sale and had to fight to get any money back since they had a disclamer, "trade in may affect final price" I know how the system works, but would have prefered them to be more upfront in what they were giving for the trade. I pick up a check for 1500 on Friday.

Can anybody send me pics of your expensive lazyboy chairs?
Old 08-18-2014, 03:23 PM   #5

The Rockwood Lazy Boy recliners I've seen, are just like the picture Dave referenced. On the very latest shipped 2015 units however they have switched to a lighter more neutral tan, but you would only see that on a unit that's arrived in the last few weeks.

The interior pics on this unit show the current shipping color of the recliners and also a few other minor interior changes as well:
Old 08-18-2014, 03:31 PM   #6

We ordered our 8314bss and are enjoying it a lot in this first year of camping with it. We ordered with the cloth swivel rockers and also the booth table instead of the free standing since we needed the extra sleeping space for grand kids. I let the salesman talk me out of a second air conditioner and slide out roof covers. Doing it again I would get the same trailer but with these two options.

Last weeks camping on a 100 degree Texas day convinced me on the air conditioner. We set up in the middle of the afternoon and it took until after the sun set to ever really cool it down. It cools fine at night to 75 degrees but the next day it went up to around 82 degrees with the air running all the time and the thermostat still set on around 75 degrees.

Also, the 30 amp service with one air conditioner limits what you can turn on when the air is running. With 3 or 4 inside lights on and air running a hair dryer and even the microwave will trip the 30 amp breaker.

Otherwise we love it.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Klbrown53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 03:42 PM   #7

Thanks for all the replies. I think I was just being untrusting.

Klbrown53, where in Texas? I live in new braunfels and getting the 50 amp service and the 2nd A/C was a must. The problem is a lot of the state campgrounds don't have 50amp. We were at pernales falls a few weekends back with our alpenlite and had the same experience with the A/C. I've been told that the typical 1 A/C is only designed to cool 20-25 degrees cooler then the outside. It got up to 85 at one point but went down to 72 at night.

Any info you can share with me on that model would be appreciated. It's our 6th trailer and hoping it will be the last.

How is towing it? I'm beefing up my 1/2 ton to handle it. I'm not too worried as I have always ran chevys to the limit and never had any issues in 30 years.
Old 08-18-2014, 09:51 PM   #8

Rooti,

We live in the DFW area.

We went from a Jayco Featherlite that weighed about 1500 pounds less than the 8314bss. We tow with a Toyota Tundra with 5.7 engine. Power with either trailer was never a question. I was concerned with the extra length and how it would pull but the Rockwood actually pulls easier in my opinion than our old trailer (29 foot) To be sure, I know it is back there and I know it is heavy but the 1/2 ton Tundra handles it fine. We are taking it to the Denver area in September so will know more after that. I have not experienced any severe crosswind yet or at least not enough to cause any issues. I occasionally feel it quiver a bit when passing semi trucks but nothing severe. A lot of people have suggested that this is just too much trailer for a half ton truck but I just do not see that yet. I have plans to have my rig weighed in the near future so that should be enlightening. Dry hitch weight is listed at 941 pounds. I fully expect it to be 100-150 pounds more than that.

I figure loaded I am at around 8000 pounds and my Tundra is rated at over 10,000 pounds. My concern is my truck loaded weight. Book says I can haul 1450 pounds and with 2 adults, tongue weight and luggage I am close to capacity. But again, it has just not been a problem yet.

As far as the trailer goes, we have loved it. We took deliver of it right before Christmas with it winterized and made our first trip (to Pedernales Falls state park ironically) in March of this year. It took me a bit to figure out how to de-winterize but I managed. We have about 10 trips under our belt now with probably 25 or 30 nights so far. The trip to the mountains in September may be one of the few times we take it to the mountains since there are so many good places closer to us so will stick with the Tundra unless it breaks.

On our second trip one of the power stab legs buckled in the middle of the night. Seems I must have cranked (electric motor) it down too much. Anyway, it was covered under warranty and we had a few very minor things fixed under warranty at the same time. Everything else has worked fine since then. We do get some floor shake when walking around but after bending one of the jacks I do not crank them down too hard. I have some between the tire stabilizer jacks that I use but do not notice that they help a whole lot. Sound system has been a bear to figure out. Mostly trial and error. Once you get it I or someone else on the forum can probably help you get it going.

China made tire problems are well documented and I considered taking them off immediately. I decided to try to get this first year out of them and replace them when we start using it again next year. I purchased a TireGard tire pressure monitoring system that I really like. The sensors read a couple of pounds lower than two manual gauges that I use but at least they are consistent. I also purchased a 12 volt compressor so I can air any of them up fairly easy. I blew a tire on our old RV and it was not a pretty sight so do not want to try that again. If one is reading more than a pound or two low then I air it up before leaving.

We have another trip planned to Pedernales Falls November 7-12 and after that I will winterize. Planning on blowing all the water lines out, pull the plug on the water heater and add anti-freeze to the drains etc. Ironic, first trip to Pedernales and last trip to Pedernales. Would love to see you and meet you if that fits your plans.

Can't think of anything else now. Keep us posted on progress.

Ken Brown

Old 08-18-2014, 10:43 PM   #9

Thanks for all the info. I'm sure I'll be bugging you for questions once we get it. I think you'll be really surprised if you put it on the scales. From what I've seen it is heavier then you think. The one I'm buying has a dry weight of 7150 and they haven't even filled the tanks or put the battery in yet. (almost another 200 pounds right off the bat)

It would be great to meet up at perdnales falls. Our first trip will be Blanco state park. If you've never been there, it's a great camp site and a great town. The old courthouse there was used in the film "True grit" with Kevin Costner.
We have a lot in common...both been towing for years.
I'm sure we'll be talking again soon...

Thanks,
Dino
Old 08-18-2014, 11:06 PM   #10

We just pulled up Blanco and it really looks nice. We are thinking about modifying our trip to start out in Blanco on November 5th and 6th and then over to Pedernales.

Shoot me an email

klbrown53@hotmail.com

Ken

Old 08-19-2014, 08:14 AM   #11

By the way,

I never carry water in any of the tanks. I never use the fresh water tank since we are always in parks with water. The exception may be a long trip and keeping something in the black water tank for road side emergencies.

I read someplace or someone told me it was not good to travel with tanks more than ?? full. I believe it was 1/3 full but since I do not haul water anyway I can't remember for sure. That may be just someone's personal opinion though.

Happy traveling..........

Old 08-19-2014, 02:08 PM   #12

Let me know if you make reservations...Once you are at Blanco you will probably not want to leave to go to Pedernales, just saying...I believe they will change you over for five bucks.
Old 08-19-2014, 08:43 PM   #13

Rooti,

Reservations in Blanco for November 5th and 6th. If you cannot campy those days then just come by and say hi.......

Old 08-22-2014, 09:52 PM   #14

For sure.
We are in the process of emptying the old trailer so it will be ready for trade in. PDI is set up for Wednesday. I set it up that day because it's my wifes birthday. I was going to see if I could get a camping site by the house at the end of August so we can set it up properly but that's labor day weekend so I doubt if anything is available.

This is the wrong time of year to be doing this, it's too dam hot. My wife won't put anything in the kitchen until she does the shelf lining so we need A/C. Since we live in track homes I really don't want to pop out the slides.

First maiden trip will be to Blanco for a week starting 09/19. I'm having 4.11 gears put in after we pick up the trailer for more pulling power. Having the 12k equilizer installed at the dealer and also am upgrading my factory class 4 to a class 5 because of the heavy tongue weight. That trailer has about a 950# tongue weight plus another 200#'s for the full propane, battery and equilizer so I was already up to 1150 and the factory hitch maxes out at 1200# tongue weight. I like to go overkill for the equipment since I'll be pushing the weight for my 1/2 ton. I'll see how it handles after we load it and decide if I want to do air bags or helper springs but I really don't think I'll need them since it is only about 1800#'s heavier then the trailer I've been towing for the last 9 years.

I'm excited to pick it up and see how it tows dry with the stock truck.

Looks like I'll be seeing you soon, remind me as it gets closer and we'll see if we can make reservations or at least ride up on the harley.
Old 08-22-2014, 10:07 PM   #15

Rooti,

You got a Harley?

Too much in common......(not really)

I used to have a Roadking but on a Goldwing although it has 3 wheels now. Ride with PGR and also Run For The Wall every May.

Would love to meet you.

I hope to have our 8314BSS on a scale by then.

Old 08-22-2014, 10:24 PM   #16

Lazy Boy Youroo!!
youroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 10:26 PM   #17

I have a dyna superglide. I ride mostly in the hill country so it fits me well. The wife even took a liking to it.

I think you will be surprised when you put that "lightweight" on the scale. Let me know what you come up with.
Old 08-22-2014, 10:37 PM   #18

Quote:
Lazy Boy Youroo!!
Yep I hijacked my own thread big time
Old 08-22-2014, 11:14 PM   #19

did you make reservations for 30 amp or 50 amp?
Old 08-22-2014, 11:25 PM   #20
NELA

nahhh, someone mentioned Harley and got

SQUIRRELED!
Attached Images

If age is a state of mind, and I've lost my mind, I'm AGELESS, right?
Give me 40 acres and I'll turn this rig around:
Flagstaff 5er 2014 8528 IKWS, Platinum Package, Regency Interior "Buffy"
F250 Super Duty 2013 Tuxedo Black "Biff"
Days camped 2014: 30
Weezer is offline   Reply With Quote