Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-09-2017, 07:33 PM   #1

Ordering questions - Signature Ultra Light -8295WS

We are getting ready to order our first 5th wheel and one of the models we are looking at is the signature 5th wheel 8295WS and would love some feedback.

Just a little about what we have owned, we have done popups, a 23IKSS roo hybrid and we just sold a Rockwood 2017 Ultra light 2702WS. Current tow vehicle is a quad cab, SRW 2017 F350 Diesel but I like having more truck than I need!

I love the size of this 8295WS 5th wheel as I wanted to stay away from the monster 40+ft units however cargo capacity is a concern on the 8295WS. My impression of the frame, tires, axial and general road worthiness is also a concern when we travel on long trips. We did two Boston to Florida trips and one Boston to PA trip along with numerous weekend get aways in the 2017 2702WS travel trailer and I noticed the tubular frame bowing a little outward. I also noticed the 2018's added a welded frame cap, perhaps to to provide more structural integrity.... From what I can see it appears the ultra light travel trailers and the 5th wheels are using similar frame designs, wheels, axles ect..

Anyone have an 8295WS with all the options that could advise on the actual unloaded vehicle weight and cargo capacity? It seems the cargo capacity is low assuming that what the dealer's literature says would be further reduced by adding options like the 2nd AC, auto level system, fire place, sofa in bunk room, slide topper's, larger refrigerator, optional TVs, ect...
Fordandforest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 07:45 PM   #2

Send a message via AIM to B and B
Hello,

If you are concerned about cargo capacity the Rockwood is not the trailer for you. We had a 8289WS Rockwood. It was shy on CCC and if we travelled with any water we were over CCC all the time. The floor is soft being a sandwich of luan and foam.

As far as suspension I had to add a lift kit for bed height clearance with the F 350, even the F 150. The factory tires limit weight as well, adding load range D. There are no shocks and the torsion axles can not take the potholes without shaking the trailer around.

You have a very capable truck, I would suggest you research different fifth wheels, all brands too! PM me and I can tell you what we bought and why.
B and B is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
295, light