Old 05-01-2015, 05:25 PM   #1

Organization

Could you tell me how you have organized your kitchen pots n pans, and food? I'm stumped by the cupboard doors that open up or flip down. It seems like some things need to go behind the fixed panels. Then you have to take everything out to reach the marshmallows?

Old 05-01-2015, 10:34 PM   #2

Give a make and model. Somebodyhas probably already had the same issue

Old 05-02-2015, 01:53 AM   #3

Organization

I have a 2502s and I'm stumped on how to organize the kitchen... especially the cupboard above the sofa.
Old 05-03-2015, 06:49 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverbirch View Post
I have a 2502s and I'm stumped on how to organize the kitchen... especially the cupboard above the sofa.
I know on the 2504s only 3 of the 5 spaces have doors. I've seen on ultra lite models where all 5 spaces have doors. I've ordered mine and emailed forest river asking if all 5 can have doors that open instead of the 2 blank spots. Still waiting to hear back, I doubt they'll do it but worth a shot.
Old 05-03-2015, 10:38 AM   #5

For loose items like real plastic dishes, etc., I keep them in loosely tied plastic bags. I keep my food in reuseable cloth grocery bags standing up in the taller cupboards for short trips and unpack for longer trips. It makes it easy to load the trailer and store in the cupboard. I keep frying pans,baking, etc. in the oven stacked with styrofoam or paper towel to prevent scratching. I use plastic Rubbermaid or sterilite tubs a lot for loose items like salt/pepper shakers, real silverware, batteries, and junk drawer type of items. I use cardboard boxes for saucepans coffee makers etc. I leave out coffee mugs, etc. for quick and frequent use. I also use small plastic containers (Rubbermaid type with lids) for spices, etc. I have used this technique for four RVs and it makes it easy to remove items to get to things or rearrange them. My sister and BIL have been RVing for many years and shared these ideas. I hope that these are the type of suggestions that you are looking for and are helpful.
lakejumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2015, 11:40 AM   #6

Organization

Thanks, Lakejumper, that helps a lot.
Old 05-03-2015, 09:21 PM   #7

I have rearranged my kitchen times. You have to use it to see how things work best for you and what you really need.
But, here is where I store my things.
Boxes, canned goods go above the sofa. I have a stacking plastic bin on the shelf where the TV goes. I keep bread, chips there. It comes down while traveling.
Above the dinette, I have the coffee pot, the toaster, an electric griddle, long handled
utensils.
Underneath the sink, I have one skillet, two sauce pans on the shelf.
Underneath the shelf I have a plastic bin with cleaning supplies. In the bottom sink drawer is foil, plastic wrap, matches, plastic bags. In the top drawer I keep silverware in a plastic bag, knives and utensils. I keep the silverware in a plastic bag so I can just pull it out and find what I want.
Middle drawer is spices and measuring cups, spoons.
Above the stove, I put a wire stacking shelf and keep paper plates, plastic cups,
a couple microwave plates, a couple of coffee mugs, plastic glasses. I don't put really heavy things in here due to the door swinging upwards. Don't want something flying out and crashing on the stove.
I buy trays, plastic boxes etc at Dollar Tree to use for storage.
This is my set up right now, but who knows, I may change it again. I started out with
lots of stuff but have narrowed it down to items I really use. If I want to take extra cookware for a special camp out, i put it in the bathroom cupboard or under the seat
of the dinette in a plastic tote.

Karen
TreeLady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2015, 09:26 PM   #8
Mod free 5er

You can always add door latches/catches to the swing up/down doors.