Old 06-22-2019, 07:55 PM   #1

Our rig....

Hello everyone. Wife and I have only used it 3 times so far but have more trips planned.
Did have a recall and had both axles replaced. Also being our fridge is above one wheel we decided to replace China bomb tires with 5 Goodyear endurance. Would have upgraded when we ordered but it isn't an option.
Tow vehicle is a 2018 Nissan titan xd Cummins turbo diesel.
Had a 2004 Nissan titan for 14 years and had only one thing replaced other then maintenance. The fuel pump. So decided to get another titan.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20181011_121522-2016x980.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	277.5 KB
ID:	207980  

Greg in michigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2019, 08:30 PM   #2
Now a "Top Member"

Very nice. It may be a trick of the eyes, or the unlevel ground in the picture, but it looks like the nose of the trailer might be a little low. It looks like you have a weight distribution hitch, but I can't see for certain. If you do, maybe a little adjustment to raise the rear of the truck/front of the trailer a couple of inches.

Congratulations on the new rig!

I thought I was wrong once, but I was wrong!
EdJunior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2019, 08:37 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdJunior View Post
Very nice. It may be a trick of the eyes, or the unlevel ground in the picture, but it looks like the nose of the trailer might be a little low. It looks like you have a weight distribution hitch, but I can't see for certain. If you do, maybe a little adjustment to raise the rear of the truck/front of the trailer a couple of inches.

Congratulations on the new rig!
It is a little down but I thought it should be.
Educate me....
How do I adjust it so it's not as far down. The load levers are the type without chains just bars
Thanks an advance
Greg in Michigan
Old 06-22-2019, 08:56 PM   #4
Lets go camping!

congrats! what model is it?

the camper should sit level so there is even distribution of weight on both trailer axles.
maybe try to raise the ball or adjust the tension on your bars.
Old 06-22-2019, 09:09 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by str8t six View Post
congrats! what model is it?

the camper should sit level so there is even distribution of weight on both trailer axles.
maybe try to raise the ball or adjust the tension on your bars.
2019 rockwood ultra 2606ws
Thanks for the tip. I'll try raising the ball first.
Old 06-22-2019, 09:16 PM   #6
Canadian Member

Welcome, Greg, and congrats on your new Rockwood!

If you can tell us what brand and model of weight distribution hitch (WDH) you have, someone will be able to help you get in dialed in just right. It does look like you'll need to raise the hitch head which might mean flipping the shank (the part that goes into the truck's receiver).
2010 Rockwood Roo 23SS (2012 - 2014)

itat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2019, 09:18 PM   #7
Lets go camping!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg in michigan View Post
2019 rockwood ultra 2606ws
Thanks for the tip. I'll try raising the ball first.
also you should check how much your truck is squatting with the trailer. measure before and after. a little is ok but too much means your WD hitch needs to be adjusted.
Old 06-22-2019, 09:34 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by itat View Post
Welcome, Greg, and congrats on your new Rockwood!

If you can tell us what brand and model of weight distribution hitch (WDH) you have, someone will be able to help you get in dialed in just right. It does look like you'll need to raise the hitch head which might mean flipping the shank (the part that goes into the truck's receiver).
My hitch is a ....
Equal-i-zer sway control
Old 06-22-2019, 09:40 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by str8t six View Post
also you should check how much your truck is squatting with the trailer. measure before and after. a little is ok but too much means your WD hitch needs to be adjusted.
Had to go to my truck but I had the measurements written down.
Rear wenr down 1 1/4" , front didnt change
Old 06-22-2019, 09:46 PM   #10
Canadian Member

Quote:
My hitch is a ....
Equal-i-zer sway control
I had a 10K and 12K model of the 4-point Equal-i-zer hitch on my previous TTs. They are a great hitch. Equal-i-zer's instructions are fairly easy to follow if you're handy. When I blow up your picture, it looks like you have the spring bars parallel to the A frame which is right, but you're still pitched tongue down. As I said, raise the hitch head one hole on the shank. If you're at the top hole with the shank pointing down, flip the shank over so it points up so you can get the hitch head higher. The shank is intended to work in either orientation.

I re-did my Equal-i-zer hitch setup on my last TT about 3 times before I got it dialed in just right.

If you find it's noisy, that's normal and it means its working, but you can/should lubricate the top and bottom surfaces of the bar sockets on the hitch head and use their Sway Bracket Jackets to reduce the noise so its not so embarrassing when you drive through the campground.

Old 06-22-2019, 09:56 PM   #11

Looks to me like the ball is right (or close) and the bars need to be tighter. Both the truck rear and camper nose are down....
aeblank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2019, 10:00 PM   #12
Site Team

Greg, tons of Equal-i-zer videos out there, to show how to adjust.

I agree that the truck nose is high.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
Equalizer WDH
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2019, 10:19 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by itat View Post
I had a 10K and 12K model of the 4-point Equal-i-zer hitch on my previous TTs. They are a great hitch. Equal-i-zer's instructions are fairly easy to follow if you're handy. When I blow up your picture, it looks like you have the spring bars parallel to the A frame which is right, but you're still pitched tongue down. As I said, raise the hitch head one hole on the shank. If you're at the top hole with the shank pointing down, flip the shank over so it points up so you can get the hitch head higher. The shank is intended to work in either orientation.

I re-did my Equal-i-zer hitch setup on my last TT about 3 times before I got it dialed in just right.

If you find it's noisy, that's normal and it means its working, but you can/should lubricate the top and bottom surfaces of the bar sockets on the hitch head and use their Sway Bracket Jackets to reduce the noise so its not so embarrassing when you drive through the campground.
I sure am learning a lot here, thanks
What do I lubricate it with and whats a sway bracket jacket?
Thanks again
Greg in Michigan
Old 06-22-2019, 10:24 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikendan View Post
Greg, tons of Equal-i-zer videos out there, to show how to adjust.

I agree that the truck nose is high.
The rear of the truck went down 1 1/4 while the front didnt change.
The hitch was set up for a different trailer and when we got this one maybe they didn't change anything???
Hopefully I can adjust it so I wont have to go all the way back to the dealer.
Greg in Michigan
Old 06-22-2019, 10:54 PM   #15

You've had it out 3 times, right ? How did it pull each time ? Before you go crazy adjusting ball, bars, spacers, stop on some fairly level concrete and see how it sets. In the pic I can see the ground has a slight slope in front of the truck and a slight slope at the rear of the TT. The high point seems to be just below the hitch. Truck looks like it's barely squatting at all.
TheWolfPaq82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2019, 11:28 PM   #16
Canadian Member

Quote:
I sure am learning a lot here, thanks
What do I lubricate it with and whats a sway bracket jacket?
Thanks again
Greg in Michigan
Greg, I provided a link in my previous post to the Sway Bracket Jackets. They are just a plastic piece that's custom cut to lie on the horizontal part of the L brackets and not come off. The spring bars lie on the plastic pieces instead of directly on the metal L brackets. I used them and didn't notice any reduction in anti-sway.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Equalizer Sway Bracket Jacket.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	39.2 KB
ID:	208001

As for the lubricant for the sockets, you can buy theirs or use something like a bearing grease or even a dry lube. Check with Equal-i-zer's tech support to confirm what you want to use is suitable.

Old 06-23-2019, 06:48 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWolfPaq82 View Post
You've had it out 3 times, right ? How did it pull each time ? Before you go crazy adjusting ball, bars, spacers, stop on some fairly level concrete and see how it sets. In the pic I can see the ground has a slight slope in front of the truck and a slight slope at the rear of the TT. The high point seems to be just below the hitch. Truck looks like it's barely squatting at all.
I think the pictures just makes the ground not look flat. The picture is in my driveway. Its crush stone.and as flat as crushed stone gets.
It pulls good but I have to agree with the peoples thought that the trailer is nose down more then I like.
Greg in Michigan