Old 03-06-2014, 07:19 AM   #11
I used to use it attached to the TH on the wall. Now on this 5er I use a a plastic fold up table. It's probably 4 ft long when unfolded. I put a piece of plywood with a grease catching material over the wood and place the BBQ on top of that. I do have a quick connect for the BBQ to the main tanks.

Pipeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 08:23 AM   #12
Originally Posted by chicagoslick View Post
My counter is made of Corian with a small composite / plastic vertical brace that sits against the trailer. I will take a picture today and post back. The actual grill unit is:

National Supply
Portable LP Gas Grill
Model #YH1801RV-1

My grill attaches to the trailer or has a stand that can sit on a table. I think it is a worthwhile option...

Well after going out to the trailer and checking the side table it is not made of Corian. I mistook it and the extension table for the island, which is Corian. The side table is laminate similar to the style used throughout the trailer. Please see attached picture to get a good view of the grill set up on the stand and attached to the TT.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG1502.jpg
Views:	253
Size:	55.7 KB
ID:	47250   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG1503.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	56.4 KB
ID:	47251   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG1504.jpg
Views:	182
Size:	56.2 KB
ID:	47252   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG1505.jpg
Views:	220
Size:	55.9 KB
ID:	47253   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG1506.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	52.4 KB
ID:	47254  

Gary, Tonia, Baile, Summer and Otis our Boston T.
Flagstaff 27RLWS Emerald Pkg
2015 Ford F150 King Ranch FX4 Max Tow 3.5EB, 3.55
Equalizer 4 WDH, 1,200 / 12,000Lbs
chicagoslick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 08:48 AM   #13
Site Team
I use ours all the time. Just 2 things to be aware of:

1) The Q can be setup on a stand on a table, but the hose isn't long enough to reach it without a separate extension. (On our trailer I can't even swap which side the Q and table sit since the hose is so short.)

2) Don't leave the table out in the rain. I made that mistake and had to make a new table. (All about that in this thread.)
Kaadk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 08:48 PM   #14
We got the RVQII gas grill with our last trailer and I'm keeping it when we collect the 5er next month. We have found it to be a fantastic grill, easy to set up, easy to use and has a griddle plate next the the actual grilling section. Really easy to clean. Our new rig isn't equipped with a rail on the side to attach the RVQII but the grill manufacturer do provide a table top frame that. We will be ordering. I might need to get some additional hose too and a separate tank for the propane because the trailer doesn't have an outside gas connection from what I recall.Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1394246915.532382.jpg
Views:	213
Size:	48.4 KB
ID:	47345

Richard & Diane
2014 Cedar Creek 38FL
2016 F350 Lariat CC DRW
Retired Metropolitan Police (UK)
Hutch333id is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 09:20 PM   #15
Site Team
That looks like a much nicer grill than mine. Dang it, now look what you've done. I've got yet another upgrade on my to-do list.

There's no use crying over spilled milk, unless it's on your keyboard.
Kaadk is offline   Reply With Quote