Old 05-11-2014, 05:07 PM   #1

Paper towel holder

We are on our maiden voyage with our 2014 Rockwood Signature Ultra Lite 9329as. I noticed there is a paper towel holder mounted under the cabinet above the sink. This a cheep plastic one like you find at Dollar General. The paper towel roll falls off every time you try to tear one off. I can't see Rockwood putting this in a new travel trailer.

My questions are has anyone received anew trailer with one of these paper towel holders? Could the dealer installed this? Could this trailer be used?

Thanks for your help.

Old 05-11-2014, 05:11 PM   #2
NELA

It appears we all get that POS paper towel holder, FR brand wide.

Take it off, throw it away and get a free standing holder. I got ours at WalMart...it's heavy, (brushed nickel)rubber bottomed and has never moved in either of our RVs...TT and 5er.

If age is a state of mind, and I've lost my mind, I'm AGELESS, right?
Give me 40 acres and I'll turn this rig around:
Flagstaff 5er 2014 8528 IKWS, Platinum Package, Regency Interior "Buffy"
F250 Super Duty 2013 Tuxedo Black "Biff"
Days camped 2014: 30
Weezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 05:24 PM   #3
Mod free 5er

Just cut a length of closet pole/broomstick to fit in the holder and it works like a charm especially if you cut a hole in both ends and just pin the pole/broomstick on both ends.
Old 05-11-2014, 05:39 PM   #4

New trailer gift from a very good friend of ours.

4" x 4" block of wood. 3/4" gav. flange, pipe, tee, and caps. Thanks for the opportunity to post this picture. Un-screw the tee to put on a fresh roll of paper.

Seasonal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 06:06 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by my_crib_too View Post

4" x 4" block of wood. 3/4" gav. flange, pipe, tee, and caps. Thanks for the opportunity to post this picture. Un-screw the tee to put on a fresh roll of paper.

I LIKE IT!!!!!!

Bought a freestanding one at Bed Bath and beyond, works like a charm and best of all we can move it outside if need be.
Old 05-11-2014, 06:10 PM   #6
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by my_crib_too View Post
Nice gift, but if it gets down to a partial roll and tips over, it could cause some damage to a wooden table.
Old 05-11-2014, 07:47 PM   #7

We have one that stands up. I think we will get it out. What makes me mad is they put this junk in a camper that is otherwise nice. I am going to call them on Monday just to tell them what I think.
Old 05-11-2014, 07:56 PM   #8
TigerPride

We have a 2015 8286ws and FR still putting the same holder.
Old 05-11-2014, 08:01 PM   #9

Our first travel trailer had a plastic paper towel holder in it and it was fine. These new ones are light weight and I personally think fall into the same class as the "free sewer hose" included with a lot of the trailers. They are there to work short term until you pick out something decent to put in. I liked the placing and keeping the paper towels up off the counter, which gets used for a zillion other things, so I bought an inexpensive but nice brushed metal holder at...where else...Walmart (okay, Amazon is always in the running for RV supplies) and DH put it in the same place...it never unrolls the paper towels during traveling, looks nice, and keeps the counter open for the all important "clutter"

2012 V Lite 30WFKSS
2011 Ram 1500 5.7L Hemi
WWTTA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 08:06 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by psrujak View Post
We have one that stands up. I think we will get it out. What makes me mad is they put this junk in a camper that is otherwise nice. I am going to call them on Monday just to tell them what I think.

Save the dime and the O2, they will not listen nor change.

Remove the plastic one and recycle it, perhaps it will serve a better purpose in it's next life cycle.