Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-19-2009, 01:13 PM   #1

picked her up the other day

I brought home our new 8280ws the other day. Bought it from Mike at terrytown RV over the internet. All was as described and the dealing was simple and we saved a fortune. Loving the extra room due to the slides. Coming from only m/h in the past so we'll see how the change is. Anyway I have a few questions. Where is the water filter located? And where is the hot water tank bypass located? I'm pulling the unit with a dodge ram with a hemi and was quite surprised how well it pulled. The real test will be this week when I take it for the import inspection as now it is full of our stuff.
swayze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 07:41 PM   #2

Gongrats. I have a 2009 8306SS and pull it with a 2009 F150 w/o any problems. Bypass for hotwater is in front of hot water unit itself. My hotwater is under the sink and you have to remove a wood panel to see entire hot water heater. Just look for the hot water access door on outside of camper and the heater will be just on the other side of wall. My water filter is located under a hall closet. Turn on your water pump and listen to where it is at. More than likely the filter is in same space. Good luck!
redtang02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 09:39 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Congratulations on the new rig. We too are interested in that Rockwood floorplan and would appreciate any comments or feedback you have thus far. I'm gathering that you imported it into Canada? Send me a private message...I'm curious about TerryTown in Michigan. Did you by chance look at All Seasons RV also in MI?

Dave

Nights camped in 2013 - 55, 2014 - 105, 2015 - 63
Dave_Monica is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rockwood