Old 05-24-2016, 09:50 PM   #11

That's a sharp looking camper!

Old 05-25-2016, 05:48 PM   #12

Thank you. A couple of questions:

- Except for 1, the compartments have 1 lock/latch which you have to unlock every time you want to open it. Leaving it unlocked means the compartment door is sort of closed but not really closed. Seems a little annoying to use your key to open and close the compartments, especially at a camp site. How have you dealt with this?

- How should I affix any levels to the side or front of camper? Go ahead and screw into the fiberglass or use some adhesive or glue?

- On my trip home, most of the drawers opened up and the med cab door opened up. What's a good way to keep them closed on the road? By the way, the drawers were empty. Does having some weight in there help?

Thanks.

Old 05-25-2016, 06:16 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaldEagle81 View Post

- Except for 1, the compartments have 1 lock/latch which you have to unlock every time you want to open it. Leaving it unlocked means the compartment door is sort of closed but not really closed. Seems a little annoying to use your key to open and close the compartments, especially at a camp site. How have you dealt with this?

- How should I affix any levels to the side or front of camper? Go ahead and screw into the fiberglass or use some adhesive or glue?

- On my trip home, most of the drawers opened up and the med cab door opened up. What's a good way to keep them closed on the road? By the way, the drawers were empty. Does having some weight in there help?

Thanks.
Compartment latch - they're all like that, suspect you'll have to live with it. You could replace the locks with locks keyed to the main door. That will at least drop you to one key. (I just did this). If you're not aware, 99% of RV's come with the same key & lock for the compartments - 751. Here's a site for locks:

RVLocksAndMore Catalog | RV Locks | RV Keys | Fastec FIC Locks and Keys

I've used levels that have double sided tape on them. The ones on my popup lasted for 20 years.

For drawers, a lot of people use bungee cords. How your drawers are layed out will determine the best method. Pics might help others provide suggestions. You can also google "drawers opening."

2016 Mini Lite 2503S - tt (2015 - ???)
2011 Traverse LT, 3.6L, FWD
2009 Silverado 1500 Ext Cab, 5.3L, 4x4, 3.73
2016 Silverado 2500HD Dbl Cab, 6.0L 4x4, 4.10
rockfordroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2016, 06:45 PM   #14

The drawers have adjustable catches built into the slides that adjust with a small screwdriver. Mine were all set so tight from the factory they broke before I even received it. They sent me new ones I installed myself
Old 05-25-2016, 07:00 PM   #15
KnP

I replaced all my locks including the entry door except for the outside shower that is a CH751. Each lock came with 2 keys so I end up with 10. This are the ones that I ordered 5 (locks)

I have been using a 2 FT level. When I set the camper I place the level inside and take a quick look. After camping several times I can eyeball it and all it needs is a small tweak.

The drawers in mine are pretty tight, have not encountered an open drawer at the end of the trip. There are adjustable? I had no idea, will check that out. I have a drawer that is pretty hard to open.

Someone in the forum recomended to take the glass plate off the Microwave Oven; appatently the door popped open, fell and broke. Before leaving, I take the plate off and place it in one of the drawers. One time placed a roll of paper towels to keep the plate in place. As long is not loose in there should be fine.
Old 05-26-2016, 07:46 AM   #16

Thank you for the info and tips. My microwave plate also fell out on the ride home. Luckily, it did not break. I added to my pre-trip checklist to remove it.
Old 05-26-2016, 12:01 PM   #17

Quote:

I am thinking about going with these. That way they can be locked but not need a key every time I want to grab something. Amazon.com: Combi-Cam 7850R-M Chrome Medium 7/8" Combi-Cam Combinated Cam Lock: Home Improvement

Quote:
I used ones with adhesive. I want to avoid putting any holes in my camper! I also tend to double check them with a 2' level on the inside floor.

Quote:
Thanks.
I have only had a drawer open once or twice. Someone mentioned that the catch is adjustable. I'll have to check that out also.

Good luck with your new camper! We love ours!
Old 05-26-2016, 12:16 PM   #18

Quote:

That was one of the selling points for me on the emerald editions. I'm looking forward to slam latch baggage doors for that very reason. If I were keeping the one I have now, I'd probably replace the key latches with those.

I've got one of those large levels on the front that you can see from the truck. I put it on with an outdoor adhesive caulk (can't remember which brand) that I picked up at Wal Mart. 2.5 years and it doesn't show any signs of coming off.

Thanks.
I've never had any of mine open...I do, however, empty the medicine cabinet and put everything on a towel in the bathroom sink just in case it ever did. Same thing with the microwave plate. I heard of one coming out and damaging the counter and I never took the chance. It just gets stuffed under the dinette cushions so it won't go anywhere.
Old 05-27-2016, 06:54 AM   #19

I looked for the adjustment on the cabinet catches, but I didn't see anything?

Regarding the microwave plate - I have never removed mine, and have never had it come out. But that doesn't mean it won't happen the next time I tow...

2015 Rockwood 2306
2015 Tundra CrewMax
Old 06-06-2016, 10:46 AM   #20

Quote:

Thanks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by howie70 View Post
I am thinking about going with these. That way they can be locked but not need a key every time I want to grab something. Amazon.com: Combi-Cam 7850R-M Chrome Medium 7/8" Combi-Cam Combinated Cam Lock: Home Improvement
Just as a follow up, I ordered the Combi-Cam units above in 1-1/8" cylinder length (note that my link is to the 7/8") along with the dust covers. Installed them this weekend. I think they will be great for us. I have put them to good use when grabbing or checking things at the house this weekend. It was nice to be able to get into the storage areas even when I had forgot and left the key in the truck.

Tags
2306, camper, mini lite, pdi, rockwood mini lite 2306