Old 05-21-2016, 11:16 AM   #1
Picked up our ordered 2306, little issue with camper

Hey folks. I've been checking in here the last few months. We ordered a Mini Lite 2306 about 8 weeks ago and just picked it up a few days ago. This is our first rv for my wife and I and 2 boys under 3, but I have been RVing with my family growing up and borrowing my parents rig, so its not too foreign to me. Anyways, We wanted a bunk model that our TV we could handle and liked the Murphy bed as well as the fit and finish of the Mini Lites.

I was prepared at the time of the walk through with the dealer with my checklists that I found on here and tools. Everything was going good and we were just about done and I asked the service guy to put some water in the fresh water tank to test the water pump. He began adding water and we checked the pump, which worked fine. As we are chatting inside the camper and the tank is filling, all of a sudden we heard a crash and the floor shook. My gut told me what happened and sure enough when we stepped outside the fresh water tank dropped out of the bottom of the trailer. After a closer look, one side of one of the brackets was not secured to the frame. It was never screwed to the frame from the factory. Whoever installed the tank must have been doing it on a Friday afternoon!

All the service guys were very apologetic and fixed the bracket in about an hour. Luckily, the tank did not break and it was not the side where the plumbing is. The tank had sort of halfway fell out.

My point is make sure you do a thorough walk through and ask for systems to be checked. Don't trust the dealer when they say, "yeah we already checked that." Yes, this camper broke on the day I picked and it was disappointing, but I am happy the tank didn't drop out on the highway going home. Mistakes happen in manufacturing, apparently more with RVs and these things are held together with staples and glue. Be sure to be safe.

I'll post some pics of the new camper later.

BaldEagle81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2016, 11:27 AM   #2
That is very sound advice. I will remember it. I never checked either of the fresh water tanks on the two campers that we bought. But I will going forward. Thanks, and happy camping from North Carolina.

Freddie & Linda
2015 Forest River Sierra 330RLS
2003 Dodge Ram 2500 4X4 Cummins Diesel
Days camped for 2016 - 46
Days Planned for 2017 - 118
Dakota EV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2016, 03:20 PM   #3
I go RV'ing not Camping
Just be grateful for that walk through
312QBUD Owners Thread
2015 Wildwood Heritage Glen 312QBUD
2000 Chev 2500 Extended Cab 6 Liter
1400lbs Equal-i-zer Hitch
jgourlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2016, 10:20 PM   #4
You know... might check mine and add water to see if can take the load. Have not used it yet, was tested at the dealer but I am pretty much sure was not filled all the way.
2016 Rockwood 2306
2016 Chevy Colorado Z82 / 2009 Pontiac G8 GT
KnP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2016, 07:07 AM   #5
Here are some pics of the new rig.

We ordered the Sydney interior color scheme, but with the Biltmore couch. Also, wood floor look, maple cabinets and stainless steel package.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image1.JPG
Views:	134
Size:	110.1 KB
ID:	108602   Click image for larger version

Name:	image2.JPG
Views:	145
Size:	100.1 KB
ID:	108603   Click image for larger version

Name:	image3.JPG
Views:	144
Size:	75.1 KB
ID:	108604   Click image for larger version

Name:	image4.JPG
Views:	146
Size:	91.4 KB
ID:	108605   Click image for larger version

Name:	image5.JPG
Views:	135
Size:	107.2 KB
ID:	108606  

BaldEagle81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2016, 07:51 AM   #6
My brother's 24FQSL Nitro TH fresh water tank was checked out during his PDI and they left his tank full. Then on his first camping trip the tank slid sideways and broke the drain hose right out of the bottom of the tank. Three months at the dealer for repairs and now its fixed we hope.
Sure hope your black and gray holding tanks were installed correctly! (especially the black tank).

Hope you and your family enjoy your new RV.
USAF Ret. ______________________________________
2015 2500 Silverado Crew Cab Duramax 4X4
2012 HD Street Glide
2008 Honda FSC600 Silver wing
hdmtnrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2016, 07:24 AM   #7
Looks like they have moved the entertainment/charging station. Mine (2015) is on the wall behind the TV. I have three cabinet doors over e dinette, where you have two. Maybe the new location is better. Mine is pretty difficult to access in its current location...

2015 Rockwood 2306
2015 Tundra CrewMax
53flattie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2016, 08:35 AM   #8
On my TV Bracket/Mount looks like it was mounted 180deg off. The hinge was facing the wall (magnets to the inside) of the camper and made it hard to turn toward the bunk beds. Rotated the mount bracket 180 deg with the hinges facing the inside of the camper. Now is able to lay flat on the fridge and when open is more centered to the trailer when sitting on the couch.

Do not understand why was mounted from factory in the way it was.

By the way, if your TT is that way and want to change it in the way I did... remember to remove the TV bracket and rotate that one also. The reason is, the bracket is a V shape to hold the TV in place. If rotated the mount assembly, the TV bracker will be an INVERTED V (TV will be mounted upsidedown).
2016 Rockwood 2306
Old 05-23-2016, 08:00 PM   #9
We have the sister camper, 2011 Microlite23LB. Our DVD player is in the same location as yours and we found that when laying on the front bed, or in your case, on the couch. (we don't have the Murphy bed option) and watching a DVD, we can't use the remote because the player is facing the other way. Have to get up and go over towards the player to use the remote. Someone didn't think very clearly when designing it that way.
2011 MicroLite 23LB
2012 Ram 1500 Crew Cab
zinger60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2016, 08:41 PM   #10
I know, I think is a design flaw. Not sure if is on the remote itself or the receiver end. I might put a small mirror by the microwave to bounce off the the RF signal. On this point in time the technology should be bluetooth; that way is all RF instead of IF. My Roku is Bluetooth, you can have the remote outside the camper and still works, as long you are not too far (about 35 FT).

Anyway... a Roku works wonders if you want to stream audio like Pandora or even Youtube. The TV, who cares but the outside speakers can blur the music using the Roku as the selector :-)

2016 Rockwood 2306

2306, camper, mini lite, pdi, rockwood mini lite 2306