Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-14-2012, 02:10 PM   #21
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkillora View Post
I do have one question, however. We can't seem to connect to the cable system that some campgrounds have for the TV. I've connected a coaxial cable from their system to the trailer connections on the side and then using the TV menu, switched from air to cable. All we are able to pick-up are the TV channels that the roof antenae is receiving. Does anyone have any suggestions?
sounds like you have the Boost button on, since you mention have antenna reception.
can't use the cable if the Boost button is on.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 10:11 PM   #22

2109s - A Great little trailer

I'll have to try that. Can't remember if we had the boost button on or not at the time.

Thanks very much!
mark
mkillora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 09:53 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkillora View Post
So far, we are thouroughly satisfied with our 2012 2109s. We purchased it last fall, took it on a short road trip through the Canadian Maritimes, including Maine & Vermont and are currently on a longer road trip, down in the southern U.S.; Alabama, Louisianna, etc. So far so good. Our only complaint so far is the slide-lock system. We've already popped the header board above the slide, by applying, what I thought, was a moderate amount of pressure to the slide-lock bar. Too much, I suppose, but too little, and it just falls down. We solved the problem by placing a 3 foot length of 2 X 2 against the inside of the header board and appling the slide lock to it. That way the tension is applied a bit more evenly against the length of the header board and not just in one place. Seems to do the trick.
I do have one question, however. We can't seem to connect to the cable system that some campgrounds have for the TV. I've connected a coaxial cable from their system to the trailer connections on the side and then using the TV menu, switched from air to cable. All we are able to pick-up are the TV channels that the roof antenae is receiving. Does anyone have any suggestions?
By the way the state parks in Alabama are great. Unexpectedly found Gulf State Park, on coastal Alabama and it was awesome!
Mkillora,
If you have not solved your cable problem, ensure you have done a search with cable selected. System has to memorize channels. Boost button on my 2012 system does not effect system when I have cable selected. Never thought I would be in a trailer with 98 channels to choose from. We picked our 2109S up in Feb 2012 and are very pleased with it. No problems, have been on two trips to Missouri and to Great Smokey Mts NP via IN, KY, TN and return through NC, Virginia, WV & OH. Highly recomend KOA in Logan OH (Hocking Hills. Enjoy your 2109S.
hunter1
hunter1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 10:57 AM   #24

Thanks very much for your advice. I believe that we now have the issue solved. We had done what you recommended, i.e. do the channel search with cable selected, however, no results in picking up the cable channels. However, when we did turn off the boost, the problem was solved. Go figure.

Glad to see that you're enjoying your trailer as well. We are currently on the road, in southern Louisiana (Grand Isle State Park), and will be heading north and home early next week. We were given advice to take the Natchez Trace Parkway north from here. It goes through 3 states; Mississippi, Tenessee and Kentucky. There are no large trucks allowed and there are 3 free campsites along its route. Supposed to be scenic as well as historic. We'll give her a try.

Thanks again,
mark
Old 04-17-2012, 09:25 PM   #25

mkillora-if my 2109S ever arrives (it's been 8 weeks but I never get a response from RVW) i was also planning on doing the Natchez Trace. Being from Minnesota I thought I would visit the Trace after I leave the dealership in Ohio. I would be interested in reading what you enjoyed or didn't enjoy on the trail. Have a great time! I am envious.
GlacierGus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 09:40 PM   #26
Jack of All Trades

Antenna Button on Faceplate

The power button for the over-the-air antenna amplifier on the faceplate not only turns the power on and off to the amplifier, it is also a signal source switch.

When the button is "in" or on (the light is on) power is supplied to the antenna amplifier AND the antenna coax is connected to the TV's. When the button is "out" the power to the antenna amplifier is turned off, and the cable coax is connected to the TV's.
ScanGauge, TST 507 TPMS
RJHuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 07:59 AM   #27

Thanks very much for the info! Much appreciated. It' a shame that Forest River doesn't include this type of information, simple as it is, in the ownner's manual for the trailer. What they do supply is pretty much useless. If they wanted to increase customer satisfaction, they should be reading these threads and incorporating the issues into the manual. Not rocket science.

Tags
210, 2109s