Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-05-2013, 08:41 AM   #1
AKA: 'tiredTeacher

Pics from RVWholesalers

I picked up my trailer Wednesday morning. The store is located a block off Rt. 33 on Main Street. There isn't much signage but the massive number of RVs visible on both sides of the road mark the spot.
Once

Once you're up the driveway, the building appears.

Inside is a large waiting room with a sign listing all the folks taking delivery that day. It is behind Levi and me. (See the "Wright Ellis")

Your unit will be backed up to the building just to the left of the entrance. It is plugged in for the PDI. There were five trailers lined up Wed. morning.
This is the service manager, Scott, who did my PDI and walk through. That's my truck and trailer. Note the three others in the background waiting their turns.

Behind my trailer is the door to what can only be called a parts warehouse. There are two helpful women working in there to guide you to what you need. This is my buddy Mike buying a hat.

Here you see my truck waiting in front of my new trailer having its hitch installed.

All hooked up and ready to roll.

Now it's time to relax with an adult beverage.

First trip will be at Pocahontas SP near my home in Virginia so my wife, Penny, can get the trailer set up. We live in the city so we must store the trailer where ther's no water or electric. This week will be a shake-down cruise.
Don't hesitate to call Levi Oglesbee if you're thinking of saving a bundle on a new RV. These folks are a brick-and-mortar dealership with a business plan incorporating the internet and volume sales. They treat you like an individual and your time with them is not hurried.

Happy camper,
Wright
2010 Tundra 4X4 5.7L V8
2014 Rockwood 2604WS
Life is a cruel teacher. She gives the test first; the lesson then follows.
awellis3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 08:46 AM   #2
Camper Less Camping

Great pics & write up...Thanks for sharing your pleasant experience.

Good looking rig...enjoy & Happy Camping

Old 05-05-2013, 09:47 AM   #3

Great pics. The last one is what's its all about. Were you happy with the performance of your tundra?
2014 Honda Pioneer 700-4
2004 Yamaha Grizzly 660
wyo700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 10:34 AM   #4

You will get sooooooo spoiled with your new comper. W ishing you many happy camp days.
woodsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 10:40 AM   #5

Mazel Tov. Use it in good health.
1998 Coachmen Leprechaun 31Q

Tonk Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 10:44 AM   #6

Thanks for the pics and congrats on your new Rockwood!
Wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 10:55 AM   #7

Awesome!
Old 05-05-2013, 11:03 AM   #8
Albuquerque, NM

Congrats on your new trailer! And thanks for the pics - which for me are a trip down memory lane from our purchase at RVW in 2011.
2013 Dodge Ram Laramie 4x4
Char_n_Kath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 11:38 AM   #9
PPST OGCDG

Wright and Penny:
Thanks for the awesome pictures
Frank-VA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 12:38 PM   #10
AKA: 'tiredTeacher

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyo700 View Post
Great pics. The last one is what's its all about. Were you happy with the performance of your tundra?
Oh, yes! The Tundra hauled the trailer up and over many W.Va. mountains and the Blue Ridge w/o any trouble. Towing at 60-65 mph in a strong cross wind most of the 11 hours. Two fuel stop on the trip to Ohio, three stops coming home. (Them Yankees are mighty proud of their gasoline, yessireebob!) The Tundra has a 26 gal. tank. I really pushed it to make Virginia and get to that $3.15/gal. price. Loaded 23 gal.

Teach
2010 Tundra 4X4 5.7L V8
2014 Rockwood 2604WS
Life is a cruel teacher. She gives the test first; the lesson then follows.
awellis3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 12:49 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by awellis3 View Post

Oh, yes! The Tundra hauled the trailer up and over many W.Va. mountains and the Blue Ridge w/o any trouble. Towing at 60-65 mph in a strong cross wind most of the 11 hours. Two fuel stop on the trip to Ohio, three stops coming home. (Them Yankees are mighty proud of their gasoline, yessireebob!) The Tundra has a 26 gal. tank. I really pushed it to make Virginia and get to that $3.15/gal. price. Loaded 23 gal.

Teach
Sweet. I have a tundra haven't pulled long distance yet but have had to go down the highway once for about two miles and I was very pleased. I had a Titan it did well but my tundra I think is gonna be much better.
2014 Honda Pioneer 700-4
2004 Yamaha Grizzly 660
wyo700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 01:59 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyo700 View Post

Sweet. I have a tundra haven't pulled long distance yet but have had to go down the highway once for about two miles and I was very pleased. I had a Titan it did well but my tundra I think is gonna be much better.
We have a 2013 Windjammer 2809 and the tow veh is our 2011 Tundra and I have to say I love it. That truck pulls all day long without a problem. Through the mountains like nothing else. Only thing we can't pass is a gas station. Of course that could be just the way I drive it... Maybe!
Old 05-05-2013, 02:19 PM   #13

I wouldn't trust them. (RV Wholesalers). My son ordered a TT from them in Jan. still not here. They won't answer his e-mails and when he calls nobody knows anything. They have his deposit and won't allow him to cancel with out loosing deposit
jim44646 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 02:26 PM   #14
Senior Moment

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim44646 View Post
I wouldn't trust them. (RV Wholesalers). My son ordered a TT from them in Jan. still not here. They won't answer his e-mails and when he calls nobody knows anything. They have his deposit and won't allow him to cancel with out loosing deposit
I would suggest he call and try and talk to the owners. Durnell brothers. I ordered from them on January 17, and picked on March 11. Personally had a very good experience with RVW as many others have posted here. Best of luck to your son, I hope situation gets resolved and keep us posted.
rockport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 02:32 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockport View Post

I would suggest he call and try and talk to the owners. Darnell brothers. I ordered from them on January 17, and picked on March 11. Personally had a very good experience with RVW as many others have posted here. Best of luck to your son, I hope situation gets resolved and keep us posted.
Yup. In fact Dave Durnell is on this forum. Ddurnell is his username I believe. PM him and I'm sure he will get to the bottom of what's up with your sons TT.

His email is ddurnell@rvwholesalers.com
jtstromsburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 03:25 PM   #16

Looks like they really take care of their customers and know how to run a dealership!
FloridaPhil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 08:08 AM   #17

CONGRATULATIONS! We LOVE our Rockwood 5'er and have very few issues. Hope to see you at "The International" in August.

Adrienne

2016 Flagstaff 8528CKWSA
2012 GMC Sierra 2500HD 6.0L

RalphieAdie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 08:47 AM   #18

LOVE our Tundra !!!
See you sometime at PSP.... we enjoy it there.. usually sites down back.. i believe sites 118/120...97, 95... etc. etc... so many nice sites to choose from..

Quote:
Originally Posted by awellis3 View Post
I picked up my trailer Wednesday morning. The store is located a block off Rt. 33 on Main Street. There isn't much signage but the massive number of RVs visible on both sides of the road mark the spot.
Once

Once you're up the driveway, the building appears.

Inside is a large waiting room with a sign listing all the folks taking delivery that day. It is behind Levi and me. (See the "Wright Ellis")

Your unit will be backed up to the building just to the left of the entrance. It is plugged in for the PDI. There were five trailers lined up Wed. morning.
This is the service manager, Scott, who did my PDI and walk through. That's my truck and trailer. Note the three others in the background waiting their turns.

Behind my trailer is the door to what can only be called a parts warehouse. There are two helpful women working in there to guide you to what you need. This is my buddy Mike buying a hat.

Here you see my truck waiting in front of my new trailer having its hitch installed.

All hooked up and ready to roll.

Now it's time to relax with an adult beverage.

First trip will be at Pocahontas SP near my home in Virginia so my wife, Penny, can get the trailer set up. We live in the city so we must store the trailer where ther's no water or electric. This week will be a shake-down cruise.
Don't hesitate to call Levi Oglesbee if you're thinking of saving a bundle on a new RV. These folks are a brick-and-mortar dealership with a business plan incorporating the internet and volume sales. They treat you like an individual and your time with them is not hurried.

Happy camper,
Wright
BlueOX SwayPro (used when hauling cart too)
TomStacey616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 01:55 PM   #19
RVWholesalers Representative

jim44646, I sent you an email, please have your son contact me right away so I can figure out what is going on with his trailer. I am here to help, just let him know to contact me. Thank you!
Old 05-06-2013, 01:56 PM   #20
RVWholesalers Representative

awellis3, thank you for the wonderful post, pictures and kind words. I appreciate you taking the time to do this and to show RVWholesalers to the world. If you ever need anything please know I am here to assist you! Thank you again and happy camping! I hope to see you on the road sometime!