Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-25-2017, 08:38 AM   #1

PLEASE HELP- Dometic DMR702 problems

Hello All,
I have read several post about the same issues. Yet I can't get the problem fixed. Basically its probably my lack of knowledge. Would someone please break it down for me, in simple terms.

The Story behind the issue:
(short version) Made a trip from Gulf coast MS to Harrison, AR ( 10 hours). Turned on propane to fridge to let cool down prior to leaving for our trip. Fridge cooled down perfectly and we stored food in it. At some point during the trip to Arkansas the fridge went out. I'm thinking once we hit the steep incline in the mountains but who knows. When we parked at our RV park, hooked everything up noticed the fridge wasn't cold ( lost all the food and precious breast milk for our 5 month old). The fridge lights were blinking. Middle and right blue light. For those of you that know this fridge you also know there is no error code for this particular problem.

I've read the similar problems to mine on here. But I'm not tech savvy and and have spent the past 5 days trying to learn what all the parts mean. The sad part is at our RV park there is a RV service shop 200 ft from us. We have been over there to get help, our fridge is under warranty and dometic will pay for the fix but the mechanic took one look at it and said his unsure of this new fridge and will get back to us. Haven't seen him in 7 days. I walked over to the shop yesterday and spoke with the front desk person and begged them to help us since we have a 5 month old and need our fridge to store his food. Even offered $100 to bump us to a priority. No luck.

So I'm here to learn to fix on my own. Most have said its a thermal fuse issue (i've located it - red wire with a funny looking thing under a black insulating rubber tube). How can you tell if its blown? Even if its not how do I locate the part and how do you change it? People have also said it could be the thermistor. I haven't a clue what this is and can't find it on a diagram. Can I get some info how locate it, to change this, and where to order it.

I realize I'm asking a lot from you all. other than hooking my trailer up and hauling it 250 mile away to the next closest authorized Dometic dealer for warranty work ( besides the dealer 200 feet away from me). I have no choice but to do this on my own. I know very little about electrical work ( just the basic stuff), don't own a volt meter or even how to read it. Please help.. please please. thank you all for your time
Mcaruthers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2017, 09:21 AM   #2

The blinking is that the LP went out either from lack of propane or the pilot light went out. Apparently the system will only try to light the pilot once. Since you didn't have Hydro hooked up it couldn't switch to it. I experienced leaving my on automatic on Hydro but I turned off the propane tanks. Our Hydro went out and it tried to go to LP but failed. So same blinking lights an no fridge. It does not go back to Hydro automatically when it comes back on. I just use a good cooler for when traveling to be on the safe side or a 12v unit in your tow vehicle.

Sent from my LG-D852 using Forest River Forums mobile app
Rivasiuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2017, 09:53 AM   #3

I fixed mine by turning off the fridge, my propane, unplugging shore power and disconnecting the battery. I waited 5 minutes and turned everything back on. I then turned on my fridge and heard the igniter trying to light the propane and ultimately failing. I then turned on the stove and purged the air (that was in the line) out. I then tried the refer again and it worked as normal.

2016 nights camped = 17
2017 nights camped = 4
Chpusmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2017, 06:08 PM   #4

What is Hydro?
My tanks are full of propane. Filled them before leaving so that the fridge would have plenty of fuel to run during out travels.
Even if the tanks went out. I'm sure once I went to shore power the fridge would kick on.
I have no power to the fridge what so ever. Even on shore power the same lights flash. Can't switch to either power source.
Old 06-25-2017, 06:09 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chpusmc View Post
I fixed mine by turning off the fridge, my propane, unplugging shore power and disconnecting the battery. I waited 5 minutes and turned everything back on. I then turned on my fridge and heard the igniter trying to light the propane and ultimately failing. I then turned on the stove and purged the air (that was in the line) out. I then tried the refer again and it worked as normal.
Tried all that. Unplugged power and everything. Stove runs fine so it wasn't air in the lines deal.

Scratching my head at this problem..
Old 06-25-2017, 07:27 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcaruthers View Post
What is Hydro?
My tanks are full of propane. Filled them before leaving so that the fridge would have plenty of fuel to run during out travels.
Even if the tanks went out. I'm sure once I went to shore power the fridge would kick on.
I have no power to the fridge what so ever. Even on shore power the same lights flash. Can't switch to either power source.
Sorry, in Canada our electricity is supplied by Provincial Hydro companies . We refer to electricity as Hydro.
Rivasiuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 01:07 PM   #7
Site Team

Here's a thread with the same problem DMR-702 lights blinking and how they fixed it.

You could temporarily connect those two wires on the hi-limit together and see if it fixes the problem if it won't reset. Only temporarily though.
Old 06-26-2017, 02:20 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bama Rambler View Post
Here's a thread with the same problem DMR-702 lights blinking and how they fixed it.

You could temporarily connect those two wires on the hi-limit together and see if it fixes the problem if it won't reset. Only temporarily though.
Thanks for the link. I've read this before. Lots of technical terms I'm not sure of (which I addressed in my initial question).. I am not able to respond to that thread for some reason which is why I posted this one...
.. all info is appreciated .. Thank you ..
Old 06-26-2017, 02:34 PM   #9
Broken Toe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bama Rambler View Post

I had this same problem, but it wasn't my flue hi-temp switch (as shown in the link). Mine was the thermal cut-off fuse that feeds 12volt DC power to the hi-temp switch. IF you follow the red wire down off the flue switch, you will see a piece of over-wrap on the wire. slide that over wrap down (on edit: you called it a 'rubber tube') and you will find a 152 degree thermal cut-off. These are not resettable, but they are easy to replace. Do not get them from Dometic, they want like $38 for them. I got mine on line for $1.30.

Read this, On page 2, it has good pictures showing what I found.

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...hlight=dometic

You can test them by jumping around them with a piece of wire or really anything metal. Or in an emergency, you can bend the un-insulated wires coming off the thermal cut-off over till they touch. It's only 12 volt, so there is no shock hazard. You will probably hear a click from a solenoid pulling it, don't let that scare you, that is a good sign. If the trouble codes clear and the fridge starts working, you found the problem
Tim

"Camper" 2016
Rockwood Signature Ultralite 8329ss
"Casper" 2017 Ram 2500 Laramie Diesel
..ProPride 3P Hitch - "Yeah. It's worth it."
Cowracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 04:17 PM   #10

Tim!!
THANK YOU! Thank you .. I appreciate you dumbing it down for me .. seriously thank you.. ha ha .. I will check this out when I get home tonight.. appreciate it..
Old 08-03-2021, 11:09 AM   #11

Reset DMR702 refrigerator

Fridge shut down, far two blue led lights flashing, would not cool on ac 110, or lp.
Tried reset inside, would not work
Called Happy Campers,Buchanan Dam, fixed in five minutes.Tommy told me the secret reset.

Outside remove cover,#1 turn off inside, #2 check and reset button on chimney, between two wire plugs, #3 unplug 110.v plug, #4 pull auto fuse in upper left corner out, #5 reconnect plug and fuse

Worked like new , after modern reset.

Why does Dometic not tell us how to reset fridge?
Old Toddy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dmr702 fridge, dometic