Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-12-2010, 07:38 AM   #1
Nights Camped in 2010 - 2

Plumbing question

Good Morning.

Here is a real newbie question, so I apologize up front. Does the water from the city connection flow through the water tank or straight to the facets and hot water heater? I am going to sanitize my system this week before installing my filters and I am trying to figure it out and understand the flow.

Also, I have the by pass set up. Is that used to by pass the hot uu water heater? Being a retired Navy guy, drawings would make life simpler. Any place to get them?

Thanks,
Nights Camped 2010 = 18
Nights Camped 2011 = 15
sailingsuppo46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 07:48 AM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Hello and welcome. In answer to the question, NO, the city water connection only pressurizes the lines. The pump, on mine anyway, has a check valve that won't let line pressure back in to the tank. I think most trailers are this way. There is also a check valve at the city water connection, so when it isn't being used, line pressure will not be leaking out onto the street. Drawings will be hard to find.

tank - pump - cold line (various "T"' to fixtures & Water Heater) -check valve- city

Water Heater - (various "T" Fixtures)
2008 Yamaha V-Star 650 Classic

2008 Work and Play 18LT
LadyWindrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 09:36 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailingsuppo46 View Post
Good Morning.

Here is a real newbie question, so I apologize up front. Does the water from the city connection flow through the water tank or straight to the facets and hot water heater? I am going to sanitize my system this week before installing my filters and I am trying to figure it out and understand the flow.

Also, I have the by pass set up. Is that used to by pass the hot uu water heater? Being a retired Navy guy, drawings would make life simpler. Any place to get them?

Thanks,
This link will help you understand the water system: http://www.marxrv.com/plumbing/blkdia1.gif

AND..after you print out the diagram, where the red and blue lines enter the water heater, add a line connecting them with a valve symbol on it. That will be how the bypass system is connected.

Hope this works for you.
...VTX-AL (Retired Navy also , but - the Canadian version )
VTX Al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 01:39 PM   #4
Nights Camped in 2010 - 2

VTX,
Thanks. This works great. Worked a bit with your Navy guys a couple of years ago. Had a blast celebrating Canada Day. Heck of a bunch if golfer too.
Nights Camped 2010 = 18
Nights Camped 2011 = 15
sailingsuppo46 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rockwood