View Poll Results: POLL: How many people actually have mechanical issues with their Rockwoods
I bought a newer (2012+) Rockwood and had significant warranty work 15 15.79%
I bought a newer (2012+) Rockwood and had issues but nothing I couldn't fix myself 21 22.11%
I bought a newer (2012+) Rockwood and have had no significant issues at all 48 50.53%
I bought an older model (2012 or older) Rockwood and had significant warranty work 2 2.11%
I bought an older model (2012 or older) Rockwood and had issues but nothing I couldn't fix myself 4 4.21%
I bought an older model (2012 or older) Rockwood and have had no significant issues at all 8 8.42%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 95. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-22-2016, 03:06 PM   #21
We have had 2 Rockwoods new (2010 8313ss & 2015 3029w) and have not had major issues with either one. Would definitely buy another if the need arose!

walljammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2016, 04:22 PM   #22
Location: Full timer,,,at Lake Georgetown in central Texas for the winter.
2014 Windjammer problems other than the water pump went out and it was covered under our extended warranty. Oh, ya,,,,,I had to replace that small slide-up window in the dining slide......wish it was warranty,,,but ya can't claim warranty with a rock from a mower.

Grampa Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2016, 08:44 PM   #23
Send a message via Skype™ to pontiacdan45
Our's is a 2015, delivered in 2014. We have had very little that needed adjustment. We just returned from a week in Wisconsin and ol'Betsy performed as expected.
Dan and Deb

2015 Rockwood Signature Ultra-Lite 8289 ws
2015 GMC Crew Cab 2500HD Gas:
pontiacdan45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2016, 12:24 AM   #24
I can't stress enough how helpful it is to see this many positive stories. So rarely do people show up to forums just to say that everything is going as expected

I should have included our Flagstaff siblings as well in the poll now that I think if it.

Hopefully this will be as helpful for someone else as it has been for me.
strider_gts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2016, 09:11 AM   #25
We have a Flaggstaff 28RK 5th wheel, 2015 model year. Ours did not spend a day in the shop primarily because our dealer was over an hour and a half away and were very hard to work with. We had 3 warranty issues that combined would have taken our dealer over 6 months to fix simply because of scheduling, they are a small shop. So, I fixed them myself. Our issues were quite simple, a bad 110 volt switch, bad shower faucet, bad air bed, easy stuff but they did not have time to fix them so to schedule we had to wait 4 to 6 weeks on all three. Since then we have been constantly fixing little things, but of course that's the nature of owning an RV. We have many friends with RVs and all report the same. It's an industry issue and we are all mixed into this industry that does not seem to care about how they build these coaches.
tahoe1840 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2016, 05:03 PM   #26
I have a 2015 Rockwood Ultra Lite 2608WS TT that I purchased new in March 2016 and I am unhappy to say I have had *major* issues with the coach since I did the walk thru at the time of purchase. I have had it back to the dealer at least once a month, often 2-3 times a month since I brought it home in March. I just went on a week long camping trip a week ago and the microwave died mid-week. The dealer now has to order a new microwave and I am hoping it will be in before I leave for my next week long camping trip 2 weeks from today. I have a list almost a mile long of cosmetic issues that need to be fixed on the camper, and I also have issues that need to be fixed that are more pressing but not an emergency. I am very, very disappointed with how many problems I am having with the new TT (this is my first brand new camper, I've always owned pre-owned before with NO trouble) and am considering speaking with an attorney to see if I have any options after buying what seems to be a lemon. The problems range from the seams on the roof not having been sealed properly to the sofa sleeper being defective and it could not be locked in the upright position to the front door leaking to the toilet having to be replaced before I ever took the camper off the lot to the table laying in pieces inside the coach at the time of walk thru and it needing to be repaired to the stove vent having been siliconed shut by FR during production... and the list goes on.
kittlecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2016, 06:14 PM   #27
Bought ours new. Had a gear pack go bad on the dining room slide is the only mechanical problem I had. FR provided the gear pack, I did the repair, out of service 3 days waiting for the part. Had an oe tire go bad replaced all five. Both happened in the first year.
2014 8289WS Diamond pkg
2014 Ram 2500 SB DC TCD
PhoneDude 8289 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2016, 07:24 PM   #28
We got our 2016 WindJammer 3001W new in October in Texas and have full-timed since. We are scheduled to take the trailer to the factory next month on our way back from touring the east coast. The floor has begun to sag in places and the depressions are getting worse. They will have to lift everything off and replace the whole floor assembly. While there I'll have them replace a kitchen faucet that never worked right and weld a bar on the bedroom steps that was never right. I had no trouble scheduling the repair, much to my relief. I had one small warranty repair to the water pump in May and had no trouble getting that done either. Until the floor started collapsing I was very satisfied and I will continue to be a satisfied customer assuming Rockwood makes it right.
Jim & Sharon
2016 WindJammer 3001W
2002 Ford Excursion 7.3L Diesel
Full-Time since 10/29/15
Swift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2016, 09:53 PM   #29
We have a 8280 5er with no major problems . The only problem that we had was the radio had no sound at low volume . Dealer took care of it .
campingbaba is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 07:12 PM   #30
So so far it looks like you've got about a 15% chance you'll end up in the shop with major warranty issues. (Based on this small sample size). I'm curious how this would compare to other brands, or Forest River's official numbers. I'm sure they know the exact numbers of how many come back for major repairs.

You know, if it was any higher they would never make any money on these.

strider_gts is offline   Reply With Quote